New Samsung 4k for everyone.

How about $1,150 shipped from Adorama on eBay? Just posted in HotDeals.

Nice find. I wonder what kind of return policy they have though. I know Adorama is not one of those fly-by-night gray market East Coast retailers, but Crutchfield has reportedly been taking back displays with dead pixels with no fuss. Plus, I have $700 worth of gift cards saved up (monthly parking subsidies through my work) for giftcertificates dot com that I was hoping to use with Crutchfield. Adorama is not an option on that site. :p

Due to some space constraints it looks like I might be selling my Samsung 40 inch JU7500. Anyone in the DC metro area want a deal or trade a U3415w + cash for it let me know. Has an extra year of warranty through Samsung. (Expires December 2017).

I will say though if it was not for space issues I totally loved having the large real estate.

Not a firmware issue but a Windows one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2625567/

To fix. In Regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\COntrol\Graphics Drivers\Configuration

Find the entries that starts with SIMULATED and your monitor string. If you don't know which one, change all of them. Go to the first subfolder 00, and find the keys: PrimSurfSize.cx and change to hex "f00," and PrimSurfSize.cy hex value "870." That should change the default monitor size to 3840 x 2160 which will no longer resize and move your windows to the upper left corner.

This did not work for me. I changed every single one within configuration but still my windows resize after I turn off the TV. I am connecting the TV via HDMI candle. Am I supposed to connect it differently?

Let me know how your adapter is. I think that's where my issue lies, so we'll see how the Accell brand works when it arrives this week. I assume you're waiting for Club3D?

I got my adapter last week. It appears to be working fine. 4k60P 4:4:4 based on all the tests I can find. Also the task bar icons that used to have some artifacting are clear now.

I have the monoprice redmere hdmi cables and the club-3d adapter. The adapters seem to be in short supply on amazon at least.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear all is good! I assume when you said you have the same setup, you're also running the XPS 9550, TB15 dock and JU7500? If so, any trouble with losing connection with the TV? Sometimes my JU7500 won't come back on in the morning so I need to plug it in directly to the laptop HDMI, then back into the dock. Other times the only way is to reboot the laptop.

I'm now using the 'Accell' brand active mDP adapter which has been much better, so I'm sending the other adapter back to 'Micro SATA Cables'. Unfortunately the Accell isn't immune to the overnight issue so I'm assuming this is TB15 related.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, glad to hear all is good! I assume when you said you have the same setup, you're also running the XPS 9550, TB15 dock and JU7500? If so, any trouble with losing connection with the TV? Sometimes my JU7500 won't come back on in the morning so I need to plug it in directly to the laptop HDMI, then back into the dock. Other times the only way is to reboot the laptop.

I'm now using the 'Accell' brand active mDP adapter which has been much better, so I'm sending the other adapter back to 'Micro SATA Cables'. Unfortunately the Accell isn't immune to the overnight issue so I'm assuming this is TB15 related.

I have a 48JS9000, XPS15 9550 and TB15. It is still a little janky sometimes, but I think it is all still due to funky driver issues.

I occasionally have it lose connection, but I don't think it has done that in a while. I bounce around different places when I work so I'm not there every day right now, but I like the setup.

I opened yestarday a new thread, i should ask here, maybe :
I want to upgrade my "monitor" PC, 40 inches Samsung UE40JU6550 but i'd like to ask you for some advices.
How much better is the JU7500 image quality vs JU6550 ?
6550 - 1100 PQI
7500 - 1400 PQI
What is that means ? Better colors ? More contrast ? Only the glossy vs semigloss ?
The price for JU7500 is about 100 euro more
Please tell me what you think.
Thank you

tmoney1876: I'd be interested in hearing of any changes you experience with your setup going forward.

shadowj: PQI seems to be Samsung's proprietary way of comparing the overall picture quality between their various models.

Here's some more info:
Tech Explained: What is Samsung's PQI?

You're probably better off comparing the specific specs/features of the two models that are important to you.

Apologies for the ramble-

I was one of the earliest adopters of the Philips 40" 4K (had a Seiki 30Hz one before that) and have overall been very pleased with it. Have been studiously avoiding this thread and other similar ones for fear of catching upgraditis.

Unfortunately while randomly killing time at a local electronics store yesterday (waiting for my daughter at ballet) I happened to stop and stare a little bit too long at the JU6700 which was on sale at a pretty nice price, and was floored by the image quality. I started to wonder how much nicer a curved monitor would be and how I could sell my 40" Philips.

One thing led to another and apart from being pretty sure I have a bad case of upgraditis I'm not sure what to do. I've narrowed it down to 3 options I think (with a 4th option, namely do nothing, pretty much out of the running):

- JU6700 at 40". Good price, somewhat of an upgrade.

- JS9000 at 48". It seems the premium models start at 48", which from reading some of the posts in this thread might take some getting used to. I sit about 3.5 feet away from my monitor which I feel is a good distance for 40", would 48" be far too big?

- 43" 2016 model. Obviously I'd have to wait for a while but seems like this is an interesting choice. Screen size increases by a bit but not that much so looks like I could get used to it, and looks like it would have SUHD. Probably the most expensive option though unless I wait a year for clearance prices..

Any chance the 2016 models will come with more than 1 HDMI 2.0 ports? I guess DP or mDP is pretty much out of the question. It's one of the awesome things about my current Philips as I work from home occasionally and do plug my work laptop in from time to time, though not often enough for it to be a dealbreaker if I can't get 4K at 60Hz. I used to have the Seiki 40" at 30Hz and while noticeable I didn't consider it to be annoying.

Right now I'm leaning towards the JS9000 but if folks think it may be worth it to wait I will try...

So, what would [H] do?

I was one of the earliest adopters of the Philips 40" 4K (had a Seiki 30Hz one before that) and have overall been very pleased with it. Have been studiously avoiding this thread and other similar ones for fear of catching upgraditis.

Unfortunately while randomly killing time at a local electronics store yesterday (waiting for my daughter at ballet) I happened to stop and stare a little bit too long at the JU6700 which was on sale at a pretty nice price, and was floored by the image quality. I started to wonder how much nicer a curved monitor would be and how I could sell my 40" Philips.

One thing led to another and apart from being pretty sure I have a bad case of upgraditis I'm not sure what to do. I've narrowed it down to 3 options I think (with a 4th option, namely do nothing, pretty much out of the running):

- JS9000 at 48". It seems the premium models start at 48", which from reading some of the posts in this thread might take some getting used to. I sit about 3.5 feet away from my monitor which I feel is a good distance for 40", would 48" be far too big?

- 43" 2016 model. Obviously I'd have to wait for a while but seems like this is an interesting choice. Screen size increases by a bit but not that much so looks like I could get used to it, and looks like it would have SUHD. Probably the most expensive option though unless I wait a year for clearance prices..

Any chance the 2016 models will come with more than 1 HDMI 2.0 ports? I guess DP or mDP is pretty much out of the question. It's one of the awesome things about my current Philips as I work from home occasionally and do plug my work laptop in from time to time, though not often enough for it to be a dealbreaker if I can't get 4K at 60Hz. I used to have the Seiki 40" at 30Hz and while noticeable I didn't consider it to be annoying.

Right now I'm leaning towards the JS9000 but if folks think it may be worth it to wait I will try...

So, what would [H] do?

Another option is to consider the 2016 Vizio P, M, or E series. The latter two are supposed to be released "soon", while the P is already out. The P and M have HDR. P is confirmed to have 4K@60Hz with 4:4:4 chroma.

So, what would [H] do?

I just got my JS9000 on Friday, and I am loving it. I bought it from Ebay, the price has went up a bit since, though.

Here is the RTings on the JU6700

Here is the RTings on the JS9000

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
has anyone seen reviews or prices yet on the new 43" KS7500? im interested to see how that does considering the 43" is ips, but its also listed as SUHD.

has anyone seen reviews or prices yet on the new 43" KS7500? im interested to see how that does considering the 43" is ips, but its also listed as SUHD.

Samsung US currently doesn't have any 2016 sets for sale that are <55".

So, what would [H] do?

I don't have a problem with 48. Mainly because I don't use the whole screen for one window. I have Max.To set up so that I have a big area in the center and then I can have other stuff snapped around it. Like if I am copying thing from a spreadsheet into another program, I can glance back and forth. Basically, the size doesn't bother me because I'm not trying to focus on all of it at once.

All of the ports on the JS9000 are HDMI 2.0, this will probably be pretty standard going forward. I'm guessing that the image processors that are being used are natively HDMI 2.0 compliant, so there isn't any reason to have some of each kind.

Hi, I own a JU7500 40" that I use with my Titan X SLI setup. I have never been that happy with the screen. So I have upgraded to the JS9000 48". It hasn't arrived yet but I was curious if this screen is capable of 10bit color and if I will be able to select 10bit color in the Nvidia drivers. Thanks

Hi, I own a JU7500 40" that I use with my Titan X SLI setup. I have never been that happy with the screen. So I have upgraded to the JS9000 48". It hasn't arrived yet but I was curious if this screen is capable of 10bit color and if I will be able to select 10bit color in the Nvidia drivers. Thanks

That's generally the type of thing you want to find out about before you buy a display.

Disable 4:4:4 or reduce the res.
You should get options for 10bit or higher if the TV supports.

Your cable might be tripping up with the bandwidth needs of 10bit @ 4K 60Hz 4:4:4.
Or it might be disabled with those specifics to avoid returns when problems occur.

That's generally the type of thing you want to find out about before you buy a display.
Wasn't something I was really looking for as I only use it to game. I kinda figured 4:4:4 60hz 4k 10bit color might be outside of hdmi 2.0 spec but I couldn't find anyone on the Internet asking this question as I was curious.

Just curious, is there any benefit to HDR if HDMI 2.0 doesn't support it? You would need HDMI 2.0a right?

HDMI 2.0s support doesnt figure in the equation.
Simply the bandwidth requirements.

You can do HDR in 8 bits per colour.
You can do it in more than 8 bits as long as you have the bandwidth.

I guess I assumed HDMI 2.0 meant 18Gbps available bandwidth.
So assuming there is 18Gbps to play with that is enough bandwidth for 4K, RGB or 4:4:4 8bit color, 60hz and enough left over for HDR?

EDIT: I see that there are 24 gauge HDMI cables on Amazon that claim 21Gbps, is that probably a bunch of nonsense, and might not necessarily perform better then a 5 dollar HDMI cable. The one I currently have on my JU7500 is 6 feet and does 4K RGB 60hz just fine and is rated for 18Gbps.

Last edited:
I guess I assumed HDMI 2.0 meant 18Gbps available bandwidth.
So assuming there is 18Gbps to play with that is enough bandwidth for 4K, RGB or 4:4:4 8bit color, 60hz and enough left over for HDR?

EDIT: I see that there are 24 gauge HDMI cables on Amazon that claim 21Gbps, is that probably a bunch of nonsense, and might not necessarily perform better then a 5 dollar HDMI cable. The one I currently have on my JU7500 is 6 feet and does 4K RGB 60hz just fine and is rated for 18Gbps.

There is also the new HDR10 standard that is 4k@60Hz and requires a 10-bit panel. Apparently, a firmware update can be used in some cases to enable support for this (if regular HDR is already supported)

So, what would [H] do?

So in the end I pulled the trigger on the 48js9000 from adorama on eBay. Figured the 40 wasn't that much of an upgrade over my current monitor, and not much point waiting for 2016 models since they're 55" and up and won't be discounted.

Gets here in a week or so, can't wait!

FWIW, hdmi 2.0 does not support 4:4:4@60hz 10bit

4:4:4@24 or 30hz can do 10 and 12 bit though, which is what most high-end HDR video will be. (side note: I find their 16bit claims somewhat dubious given 18Gbps of bandwidth, also that fucking cartel crypto aka HDCP has some overhead)

2.0a basically just adds the metadata support for HDR which is why some chipsets can support this revision with a firmware update, no real changes in the bitrates etc.

BTW, nvidia tends to lock down the consumer cards from actually outputting 10bit, but you can get around this somewhat in DX mode, I think madvr can (ab)use this? Basically keep in mind just because the control panel says X does not mean the real signal is the same, confirm on the display to be sure.

Nvidia doesnt prevent the use of higher than 8bits per colour.
My AV system supports up to 12bit. I get 8bpc and 12bpc options when selecting that as the display device.

Nvidia allowed 10bit color with their consumer gpu's some time ago, but your right, at one time you had to either have Quaddro or AMD to get 10bit. So if its not possible with HDMI 2.0 because of bandwidth limitations what is the point in making the display 10bit color capable? Wouldn't you run into the same issue with a 4K blu ray player?

Nvidia allowed 10bit color with their consumer gpu's some time ago, but your right, at one time you had to either have Quaddro or AMD to get 10bit. So if its not possible with HDMI 2.0 because of bandwidth limitations what is the point in making the display 10bit color capable? Wouldn't you run into the same issue with a 4K blu ray player?

4k blu-ray is not 60hz, but can do "HDR10" aka 4:4:4 @24/30hz @ 10bit.

BTW, the first mainstream use of 4:2:0 was 1080p blu-ray, real shame they foisted that crap on the world.

Nvidia doesnt prevent the use of higher than 8bits per colour.
My AV system supports up to 12bit. I get 8bpc and 12bpc options when selecting that as the display device.

Again, assuming your display even supports it, check what the display says the signal is; don't blindly accept the control panel setting as proof of functionality. Your monitor is not 12 bits unless you are a colorist by day or something, even real 10 bit screens have been rare/pricey for awhile.

Nvidia relaxed the consumer lockout somewhat with more recent drivers but they still muck with it - you won't get 10bit from a lot of the workstation programs on non quadros.

Last edited:
I have an el-cheapo Vizio LCD plugged into a Denon receiver and the receiver plugged into a display port to HDMI convertor cable. The nvidia drivers allow 8bit color and 12bit color. There is no way this Vizio tv is capable of 12bit color. Also, if I bypass the receiver and go directly from GPU to the tv it only allows 8bit color to be selected. Its likely the surround receiver is sending false information back to my PC.

Again, assuming your display even supports it, check what the display says the signal is; don't blindly accept the control panel setting as proof of functionality. Nvidia relaxed the consumer lockout somewhat with more recent drivers but they still muck with it. (aka you won't get 10bit from a lot of the workstation programs on non quadros)
Its the Oppo 105D BD player/DAC. It also is an HDMI video switch.
It supports 12bpc, it refers to it in the setup menu as Deep Color.
It gives options for Off (Dithered), 30bits, 30bits (Dithered) and 36bits.

I have been able to select higher than 8 bits per colour for at least 2 years.

I currently have this 6ft cable and it works great at 4k @ 60hz. I'm adding a 2nd computer that I also to connect to this display (I have the 9000), but it looks like the 15ft version does not support 18gbps.

Does anyone know of a 10 or 15ft cable that will do 18 gbps? My monoprice hdmi cables don't work, nor do generic hdmi 2.0 cables I have tried.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I replaced my Samsung UE40JU6550 with UE48JU6550 but i changed my mind, i have 8 days left to send it back.
Today i called the online shop where i purchased it and they told me its possible.
So i want to replace it with the Samsung UE48JS9090 ( EU version for JS 9000 )
I hope i wont be dissapointed. The colors are better, contrast, black / white, input lag as well.
As a pc monitor, could i have " activated " all those ?
Precision Black
PurColor / Nano Crystal Color / Peak Illuminator Pro
Does they affect the input lag ?
I will use it ONLY as a pc monitor, never as a TV.
Thanks you in advance

I know people may be a little weary of Craigslist sometimes, but, that may be the way to go. That, plus at times things really are cheaper on Craigslist.

Scored a UN48JS8500 over the weekend at Best Buy for $999. Got them to match Costco and saved me an extra hour of driving to the only one in town with any left. I wanted to try the JS9000 but couldn't justify paying $700 more for it. The Adorama ebay deal is tempting but that return policy is a deal breaker for me. Too bad no one matches ebay pricing either!

So... now I'm testing the JS8500 vs the 32-inch Acer XB321HK with G-Sync. I really want to keep the JS8500 but G-Sync sure is nice when you're at 40-60 fps. I play a lot of flight sims like Prepar3d and DCS and I'm getting motion sickness when panning around the cockpit on JS8500 with Track-IR. G-Sync is just sooo smooth down to 40 fps. Image quality on the XB321HK is pretty fantastic also, minus the standard IPS glow of course. In games I can keep steady at 60 fps the JS8500 is pretty amazing, but that's hard to do even with my dual 980 ti's and a 4790k @ 4.7Ghz.

I've tried the JU6700, JU7100, JU7500 and now the 8500. None of the problems I had with lower end models are present in the 8500 and it was cheaper than all except the 6700.

Wow I just can't find a winner here. Both the XB321HK and the JS8500 have pretty horrendous backlight bleed. I didn't think it was that bad on either until I flew a night mission in DCS. Now BOTH of them are going back. I think I'm going to go pickup a cheap TN and just wait for something better to come along... FML. This is retarded for the price of these displays. Especially the XB321HK. The backlight on the JS8500 was at 3 in that shot! The XB321HK was also low, set at 35 brightness.

XB321HK
Screenshot_2016-04-12-22-52-32.png

JS8500
20160412_221750.jpg

Last edited:
I replaced JU6500 with JS9000 ( both 48 inches )
Samsung JU9000 has the software version 1421. Should i update it to latest version 1443.0 ?
Is it worth ??
Thank you

Back