New Samsung 4k for everyone.

Not to mention internet lag which depending on title can be 100ms by itself. In battlefield 4 I currently have essentially a zero lag monitor at 112hz 1440P and this lets me carry 32 player teams on my back. I ran a 77 and 10 round the other day... I don't want to give that up. 600+ hours, it's my favorite game ever and Star Wars Battlefront is next. I want to see PC mode input lag numbers at 20 or less!

Lag is one of those "spec numbers" enthusiasts like to keep pushing irrespective of its influence on the system as a whole. Just about everything IRL has some sort of lag to it. For example lifting a heavy rifle isn't instantaneous due to the laws of nature, which is why the mind has evolved an effective mechanism to compensate for it.

On the headache front, after some persistent use the js8500 is not as bad as it used to be. Still uncomfortable, but at least bearable.

24p juddering if tv is without it then watching youtube videos, tv shows from internet and dvd movies we see juddering all of them? Or how bad is juddering with 6xxx serie?

Hey guys, I've been trying to go through this thread to decide which Samsung 4k to buy and it's pretty overwhelming. Maybe you can help me out. I'm a professional poker player so 90% of my PC use is for online poker. I have 24 tables usually open at the same time, plus a bunch of other software to analyze hand data, hot keys, etc. I also have my browser open and also streaming a TV show or movie through Kodi while playing. I might play games but sparingly.

For 48", would there be any advantages for me to get the JS9000 over the JU6700? I'm in Canada and the JS9000 is $2600 and the JU6700 is $1300, half the price.

Thanks for your help.

Hey guys, I've been trying to go through this thread to decide which Samsung 4k to buy and it's pretty overwhelming. Maybe you can help me out. I'm a professional poker player so 90% of my PC use is for online poker. I have 24 tables usually open at the same time, plus a bunch of other software to analyze hand data, hot keys, etc. I also have my browser open and also streaming a TV show or movie through Kodi while playing. I might play games but sparingly.

For 48", would there be any advantages for me to get the JS9000 over the JU6700? I'm in Canada and the JS9000 is $2600 and the JU6700 is $1300, half the price.

Thanks for your help.

if its for online poker then 6700. No reason to spend the extra money if your not playing a ton of games/movies

Thanks for your help.

For your use case the 7500 gets you better PWM implementation (less eye strain when watching monitor for long time)

The 9000 gets you better colors (red mostly) and gamma which I do not think you will care much about.

As long as you are fine with PWM on 6700 it should work well for your use case (you be watching the monitor all day long so comfort is important)

Also remember to budget a GTX950 or better ($160 US) as you will want to have 4k p60 4-4-4 for desktop use. Those cards can drive two 4k monitors at full resolution+chroma in case you want to do two 4k monitors down the road.

Thank you very much guys, I will be going with the 6700! Eye strain and comfort are definitely two of the biggest factors. I will be most likely getting a GTX980 with my new setup so that is nice to know that it can power two 4k monitors if I ever choose to add one.

Thank you very much guys, I will be going with the 6700! Eye strain and comfort are definitely two of the biggest factors. I will be most likely getting a GTX980 with my new setup so that is nice to know that it can power two 4k monitors if I ever choose to add one.

Which poker sites do you play on?

Any of you guys use 2 of these curved monitors side by side? I can imagine that as a worthy upgrade from my dual 30" samsung 305t. Either that or a giant 50+" display but that will create some UI size issues, UI elements showing much larger than normal unless I am missing something.

Also I use it for 3d work and the app I use tend to favor dual setups in optimal UI layout.

The only issue is, I might be wrong but 40" seems a little small, and 48 seems a little large. Wish they made 44" or something, or 42 :)

Btw where are you guys buying these displays? Doing a quick search I see prices over $1.2k and above for the 40" curved. Why are they much more expensive than other displays like Crossover, Wasabi with their 42/43" displays? The brand name doesn't justify double the price if that's the case. All samsung 305t models are plagued by design flaws, so it's not like samsung is a rock star.

Another question, would you guys recommend putting a 48" screen on a desk mount arm? It seems like it would save some desk space and you could move it around easily if you want to show someone sitting at a different angle. Or would 48" be too large and awkward on an arm?

You ideally want the screen slightly below desk height, not higher.

You ideally want the screen slightly below desk height, not higher.

Below? Wouldn't the desk block the screen?

From my perspective, when I first started using my 48" screen I set it up on the included stand. I wished it were lower and made a mental note to look around for alternative mounting options that would let the lower bezel be exactly at desk level.

Then I got used to it, and now it doesn't bother me anymore, so I just kept the included stand.

Place the screen away from the rear of the desk to give you enough distance to keep all the screen in view.
The idea being to keep the screen centre closer to/below your eye level as the centre is high up when the TV is placed on a desk.
This way you prevent causing neck/eye strain issues that will plague you in later life.
Glory isnt much good if its only short term.

You cant use this method on a long desk unless your eyesight is very sharp.

Last edited:
So color me embarassed for not being able to find this with search...

But with current numbers... Does anyone know roughly the input lag of PC mode (4:4:4) 4k for the 8500 vs the 9000.

I have a chance to return my js8500 which is great to upgrade to a js9000. I am starting to find VERY conflicting messages on input lag numbers!

But with current numbers... Does anyone know roughly the input lag of PC mode (4:4:4) 4k for the 8500 vs the 9000.

I have a chance to return my js8500 which is great to upgrade to a js9000. I am starting to find VERY conflicting messages on input lag numbers!
The 8500 has higher game mode lag but lower PC model lag than the 9000.
Lower lag in game mode is needed so the 9000 is the better choice. I wouldn't buy the 8500 for any reason TBH. Besides the panel, the 8500 specs are the worst at that price point.

Lower lag in game mode is needed so the 9000 is the better choice. I wouldn't buy the 8500 for any reason TBH. Besides the panel, the 8500 specs are the worst at that price point.

I know everyone's visual perception is different, but for me, I can't tell a difference really in input lag either in PC or game mode. I don't even enable game mode, I just leave it on dynamic with AMP and the other post processing settings on. To my eyes, I like the added pop and detail. I know it's exaggerated but isn't that what gaming is meant to be? An exaggerated, indulgence in fun and visual entertainment. So, Dynamic and AMP for me....Plus, my 48" JS9000 rocks! :D

I will be running PC mode exclusively... I maybe hit the panel lottery or something but my lag in PC mode is very good. Movie or anything else and I completely can feel it (amp and such are great, but that is where I feel the lag)

What did you mean on the besides the panel part?

My understanding is all the new Samsung 4k's have no support for 1080p @ 120Hz :( Is there anything in the 38-42" range of similar quality that does?

1080p @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4: Yes
1080p @ 120Hz: No <--- change this to Yes, all others same, and I'd be set.
4k @ 30Hz @ 4:4:4: Yes
4k @ 60Hz: Yes
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4: Yes

(from http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-brand/samsung/ju7500)

Thanks.

I will be running PC mode exclusively... I maybe hit the panel lottery or something but my lag in PC mode is very good. Movie or anything else and I completely can feel it (amp and such are great, but that is where I feel the lag)

What did you mean on the besides the panel part?

The 8500 is basically has 6500/7100 internals with a Quantum Dot display.
THe 9000 specs support the QD panel better. Compare the two and you'll see why the 9000 is the better buy.

The 8500 is basically has 6500/7100 internals with a Quantum Dot display.
THe 9000 specs support the QD panel better. Compare the two and you'll see why the 9000 is the better buy.

It is tough decision between the 8500 and the 9000. I have the un48ju7500 and a 55js9000. The 8500 supposedly has higher lag ( no-one has ran Leo Bodnar on the newest firmware to confirm if this is even the case anymore ) and the 8500 is flat which comes down to preference.

I will say this, the js9000 has better colors then the ju7500, even with the same calibrated settings, the JS9000 has a deeper look to the colors and the js9000 has a little bit better contrast BUT the JS9000 is edge lit, which causing the left and right sides to be lighter then the middle. The JU7500 is led backlit and does not have this issue. I do feel overall the ju7500 has a more uniform picture with less DSE. Neither tv has banding thank God!!

If I had a choice between the ju7500 and the js9000 and it was for gaming then I would go with the ju7500, for the more uniform backlight picture and the less motion blur. Rtings has the blur at 8.9ms for the ju7500 and 11.2ms for the js9000. For some people the threshold where blur becomes an issue is right around that 10ms mark.

It is tough decision between the 8500 and the 9000. I have the un48ju7500 and a 55js9000. The 8500 supposedly has higher lag ( no-one has ran Leo Bodnar on the newest firmware to confirm if this is even the case anymore ) and the 8500 is flat which comes down to preference.

I will say this, the js9000 has better colors then the ju7500, even with the same calibrated settings, the JS9000 has a deeper look to the colors and the js9000 has a little bit better contrast BUT the JS9000 is edge lit, which causing the left and right sides to be lighter then the middle. The JU7500 is led backlit and does not have this issue. I do feel overall the ju7500 has a more uniform picture with less DSE. Neither tv has banding thank God!!

If I had a choice between the ju7500 and the js9000 and it was for gaming then I would go with the ju7500, for the more uniform backlight picture and the less motion blur. Rtings has the blur at 8.9ms for the ju7500 and 11.2ms for the js9000. For some people the threshold where blur becomes an issue is right around that 10ms mark.

Both 7500 and 9000 are edge lit. The only model with direct back lighting is the 9500.

The reason you are seeing the difference is because your 7500 is 48 inch and 9000 is 55 inch. The larger the monitor the less well the edge lighting works.

Additionally because 55 inch is larger you have larger angle to left and right side on 9000. That causes them to loose contrast more then the 48 inch which makes them appear lighter. Take a few steps back and you will find your 9000 has similar uniformity to your 48 inch 7500.

That is also the reason not to go beyond 48 inch for a computer monitor (hence the 48 inch JS9000 recommendation).

Thanks for posting that coolhand, I have finally decided on the JU7500 but still undecided whether to go with a 40" or 48". Also currently waiting for Frys to do one of their promo sale again

Anyone else have darker horizontal lines like this on gray backgrounds? This is on the JU6500. I first noticed it on the Smarthub Youtube app background a few weeks ago. Not sure how long its been like this, I know it wasn't there when I got it. Camera didn't do the best job picking it up, hopefully you guys can see it.

The odd thing is its not noticeable at all on any other colors. The color is #202020 if anyone wants to try to test theirs. This wouldn't be burn in, right?

ue3q68G.png

Both 7500 and 9000 are edge lit. The only model with direct back lighting is the 9500.

The reason you are seeing the difference is because your 7500 is 48 inch and 9000 is 55 inch. The larger the monitor the less well the edge lighting works.

Additionally because 55 inch is larger you have larger angle to left and right side on 9000. That causes them to loose contrast more then the 48 inch which makes them appear lighter. Take a few steps back and you will find your 9000 has similar uniformity to your 48 inch 7500.

That is also the reason not to go beyond 48 inch for a computer monitor (hence the 48 inch JS9000 recommendation).

No. The 9500 is local dimming backlit. The 7500 is led backlit and the js9000 is edge lit, the rtings review and the hdtvtest review confirm this aswell.

About the JS9000 backlight from HDTVtest review ( http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue55js9000-201508264154.htm ) :

"We&#8217;ve been experimenting with using a thermal camera to determine the LED module arrangement on LED-based LED displays, and can confirm that the Samsung UE55JS9000 is illuminated by two vertical strips of LEDs mounted along the left and right borders of the screen."

About the JU7500 backlight from HDTVtest review ( http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue48ju7500-201504074038.htm ):

"More impressive was the UE48JU7500&#8242;s screen uniformity, helped perhaps by its likely direct LED underpinning. We ran various shades of full-field grey patterns on the 4K TV, and detected no visible banding; nor did we witness any significant dirty screen effect (DSE) in panning shots during live football broadcast. "

I would say without a doubt direct led backlit is better then edge led backlight going by the two I have for uniformity.

Last edited:
New promo up on Samsung's site for the js9000:

Price includes $2,000 instant savings + BONUS 32" screen size class LED HDTV +My Passport Cinema 4K UHD Movie Storage Device- now through 9/12/15 ONLY!

Anyone else have darker horizontal lines like this on gray backgrounds? ...

No. I use the 7005 though. You got a slight shadow effect.

To be honest, uniformity on these are horrible. After all, even in your picture, you got this huge dark area, and we are just discussing a line brighter than that running just above it.

No. I use the 7005 though. You got a slight shadow effect.

To be honest, uniformity on these are horrible. After all, even in your picture, you got this huge dark area, and we are just discussing a line brighter than that running just above it.

The dark area in the center isn't actually there. Its caused by the camera lens somehow.

I'm actually really impressed with the uniformity of this panel. Its the best of the 3 JU6500s I've tried. The others had noticeable clouding on solid colors.

Got my free S6 delivered today from my 9000 purchase rebate.

Hello everyone,

There is a currently a 19% off all Samsung TVs in Germany at the moment, so i am trying to find out if most people are happy with the TVs as monitor replacements?

Also the model numbers are totally different, does anyone know what these models correspond to:

UHD JU6770
UHD JU6750
UHD JU6740
UHD JU6640

Thanks!

Guys, do you notice some ( more or less ) input lag between PC Mode and Game Mode ?

Guys, do you notice some ( more or less ) input lag between PC Mode and Game Mode ?

I think the difference is sigificant when game mode is the nabled on game input.

Game input without game mode feels laggy to me though, maybe even laggier than PC mode, but I am not sure.

I have never tried amp mode. Since I don't like the lag in PC mode, I bet I'd HATE it in AMP mode.

Hello. I bought JU7500 week ago and I've noticed slight vibration on the metal frame. Also I have slight buzzing/humming/clicking noise coming from the main circuit board (where are the connections) - sounds like coil noise. It's only noticable when I put my ear there and the sound is muted. When the TV is "relaxing" is not that noticable. Probably all of this is normal and I should keep it? After all it's in waranty. Can someone with same model share his experience?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
I sold the Samsung UE40JU6550, because i wanted a larger display, and now i'm looking for a 48"
After i google it some reviews / specs / i'm between JU7500 / JU6550 ( my older 40" model ) and JU6580
The last one is a newer model, it has Nano Crystal Color Technology / 1400 PQI / belongs to the SUHD serie, alltough it's a 6xxx JU / 20 % better colors than JU serie / 50 " instead 48 " / flat instead curved
Pros for 6580
Nano Crystal Color Technology
1400 PQI - i don't know what's the differences between 1100 / 1400 / 2000 PQI, by the way
20 % better colors than JU serie
price - about 1000 euro
No idea if it's semigloss display or glossy

Cons
50 " instead 48", it could be too big as pc monitor
flat, instead curved, hard to say if it's good as a monitor, after i'm used with the older curved 40"
no specs about the input lag / ghosting /

I would get the JU7500 but as i said few days ago, i'm "affraid" of the glossy screens. But everything else seems to be fine on this display.
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue48ju7500-201504074038.htm
Did anyone here upgraded from a mate / semigloss display, to glossy ?
What would you recommend between JU6550 / JU6850 / and JU7500 ?
I play a lot on my PC, never watch movies on it.
Thank you

God dammit. The price on the UN48JS9000 just went up to $2,299.99. Wish I hadn't held out so long. It's not worth it to buy now, at all.

What you guys use for cleaning screen? I bet its going dusty and dirty often because display is so big? Are these TV-s scratch-resistant like Samsung phones?

Back