New Samsung 4k for everyone.

Im set on getting the JU7500 40" or 48" once there is a good deal. They sound like great Monitors.

Does it have light bleed / glow like 30"+ IPS monitors do? Especially in the corners.

Yes, the 43UF7600 has backlight bleed and/or IPS glow in the corners on a black screen. The only reason I know this, is because I just pulled up a full screen movie on it, for the first time since I set it up. At 2 feet the glow was pretty obnoxious, but once I moved back to 4 feet, it was still there, but not too bad. Which works since I think 2 feet was simply too close for full screen movie watching. Yes, it's "immersive", but the FOV is simply wrong.

So for movies, due to those damn black bars they almost all have, due to being 21:9 or "wider", in my view, it's worse than the Samsungs. But I far prefer it for productivity and gaming.

I mentioned the white going pink around the edges in productivity apps. The red bars, and grey text backgrounds on Hardforum also had similar color shifts. Another color shift issue which just kept driving me insane, was the skill icons in GW2, which are at the bottom center of the screen. Unless I moved my head down at least 6-8" from my normal viewing location. They were constantly slightly shifting in color/brightness, which was very distracting. It did get less noticeable with time, but it never went away.

Zarathustra[H];1041772290 said:
There is a slight shift on my JS9000 around the edges, but it is only really visible to me on black backgrounds.

Weird I didn't notice it with black it all, but I never really went looking for it. I didn't go looking for the color shifts I did notice, they were just THERE. It's conceivable to me that the color shift is less noticeable on the 48" models simply due to them having larger pixels.

I keep meaning to stop by a Best Buy and see if they have any set up, so I can get a feel for how the color shift changes with size and model. Though I'd probably have to hook up a computer to test it...

Other than the color shift, everything else about it was excellent, and if all I did was play games, I'd probably have been happy with it. But I spend 70-80% of my time reading and writing text, mostly off white backgrounds, and only 20-30% of my time gaming.

Weird I didn't notice it with black it all, but I never really went looking for it. I didn't go looking for the color shifts I did notice, they were just THERE. It's conceivable to me that the color shift is less noticeable on the 48" models simply due to them having larger pixels.

I keep meaning to stop by a Best Buy and see if they have any set up, so I can get a feel for how the color shift changes with size and model. Though I'd probably have to hook up a computer to test it...

Other than the color shift, everything else about it was excellent, and if all I did was play games, I'd probably have been happy with it. But I spend 70-80% of my time reading and writing text, mostly off white backgrounds, and only 20-30% of my time gaming.

Shift might be the wrong word.

The blacks become lighter around the edges. This may very well be because I sit only 2.5 feet from a 48" screen, so I have view angle issues around the edges though.

The weird thing is that they are much more noticeable in Game mode than in PC mode. I don't notice it in game at all, only on a plain black desktop, so it really isnt THAT noteworthy.

This is usually how - when I am looking at the desktop - I notice that I forgot to switch back to PC mode after ending a game session :p

Update on the js8500. Recieved today. Mostly OK, but has a poor gamma profile. default tests to like 1.7; well under 2.2. Gamma setting does all of jack squat, and nVidia gamma not that effective either so it's some nonstandard default curve. Suspect Samsung boosts/cheats to make video look better. Can't get 4k to work; hopefully cable issue.

Zarathustra[H];1041769475 said:
Well, I've never run anything on a Titan X, but judging by comparative performance to a 980ti (of which I have two) I feel fairly confident in my statement :p

Do you feel they have enough power? I had two @ 1540/7600 and I could play games with eye candy but no AA (which is too noticeable for me) so I had to buy a 3rd.

Well guys, I am finally joining the club! I ordered a MSI 980Ti and picked up a 48" JU6700 today! Should be able have it up and running tomorrow afternoon, can't wait. This thread MADE me do it, lol.

Congrats True, please report back what you think of it and if you game how it is. I have my 980Ti already.

Do you feel they have enough power? I had two @ 1540/7600 and I could play games with eye candy but no AA (which is too noticeable for me) so I had to buy a 3rd.

It's really title dependent IMHO. My favorite titles right now are a little less demanding, so it hasn't been an issue for me.

Even one 980ti was sufficient for everything turned up in Civ5.

Red Orchestra 2 (which I play more than anything else right now, loads the two to 50-60% each depending on the map.

Just for shits and giggles, even though I beat it years ago, I installed Metro 2033 for a test. Metro 2033 struggled even on two 980ti's in the opening chapter.

These are all stock speeds though. I haven't bothered overclocking yet (waiting for the HG10 N980's)

I have no interest in any of the recently released or soon to be released titles. I have the new Batman, only because it came with the GPU's, but I havent bothered installing it.

Don't plan on playing GTAV, or Witcher3.

I did just download Verdun, but I haven't really played yet. Looks like mild overclocking might be needed with two 980ti's to sit solidly at 60fps.

So, for my purposes they are fine. If any new title interests me at all (which seems unlikely until Civ6 or RO3 at this rate) I'll cross that bridge when I get to it :p

Any chance you can post a picture of your stuck pixel? I want to see how large it looks at 4K 48" ;)

I opened up paint full screen and with the paintbrush set to the smallest size put a single red dot in the center. That should simulate your stuck red pixel, correct?

Sorry, rinaldo00, I just saw this. It wasn't possible for me to take a picture of it in any context that would be meaningful. If it wasn't a pure black background, I struggled to see it at all.

I received the replacement from Crutchfield yesterday and am thrilled with the new one, it seems to be pixel perfect. I'm not going to hunt too much because I won't be able to unsee it.

Honestly, if the pixel had been anywhere other than dead center, I would have kept it, it was tiny.

Well, UPS delivered my new 48" 9000 today. Box didn't look to beat up seeing how it traveled from NY to Cali. Spent the last hour getting the stand on and moving my old U3011 off the desk and trying to tidy up the wiring/one connect box. It just dawned on me that perhaps it would be a good idea if I powered the TV up fist to make sure it was actually working before I get all the wiring done. The screen looks fine but just my luck I turn it on and the picture is just jacked. Anyway, I'll try to post some pics when its up and running

QUICK QUESTION- I read on the AV Forum review the following
In terms of remotes the JS9000 comes with two, the first of which is a plain black plastic controller. It includes all the buttons you would ever need to control the TV but, aside from during setup, you probably won't use most of them very often. For that reason Samsung provide a simplified smart controller that has been optimised for use with the Smart TV platform. This smart controller is well made and fits comfortably in the hand, whilst its silver brushed metal finish matches the rest of the TV's styling.

My TV came inly with the Smart hub remote. Should I have 2 remotes? Sorry if this was asked and clarified already but I just want to be sure.

Last edited:
My TV came inly with the Smart hub remote. Should I have 2 remotes? Sorry if this was asked and clarified already but I just want to be sure.

I don't know about should, but I got three of them in total (returned the first two). All three boxes had a single smarthub remote in them.

Zarathustra[H];1041775724 said:
I don't know about should, but I got three of them in total (returned the first two). All three boxes had a single smarthub remote in them.

Thanks for the reply. I wonder then if the 2 remotes is for the larger 9000 models. The Av Forum review is on the 65". Or perhaps this was changed as the review came out in March, so maybe the early models did have 2 remotes?

I received my UN48JS8500 from Adorama today and was able to get it up and running without any issues before I left for work. I didn't get much time with it yet but I followed the setup guide that is stickied on the forum and that saved me some time. I have it near my PC and will be using it as a TV as well as for 4K PC gaming for the time being. I did spend a few minutes testing GTA5 and Witcher 3 in 4K and all I can say is....WOW! :)

Well, quick update. I got the TV updated and set to PC mode. First thing is that the picture is gorgeous. 2nd thing is thank God, I stayed with the 48" because initially I was going to get the 55". This TV is huge. Because of the stand, I really can't move it very close to the wall, so the screen is pretty much in my face.

This sucks because, I notice that the games I briefly tried, made me a little nauseous and dizzy. I think I may have to wall mount this thing to get the distance back a little further. Some things I wanted to point out below to possibly help some of you 9000 owners. These are observations I have made in the few hours of owning and using the TV.

1. Eco mode options seemed to default after the TV software updated. I went back in the options and the sensor was set back to on. You guys may want to check that, as having it on, made the picture dull in my dark room.

2. The anynet option is a Samsung feature used to control multiple devices with one remote. It is on by default and I turned it off. I don't know if it saves CPU cycles, but I didn't see this brought up in the Samsung 4k setup FAQ in the thread above.

3. Thank God, my TV is dead/stuck pixel free, but I really thought with as mature as Samsung's edge lit technology is, clouding and light bleed would be almost an extinct issue in 2015. Sadly, it is not, and I definitely have light bleed on my screen. Very noticeable on pure black background. Dialing back the backlight does help though, and I dropped standard mode of 18 down to 10.

I will post some more, once I get the TV dialed in. I would like to say, that I am the type of guy who likes "Bleeding edge" as most of us [H] people do on this forum. I also have no self control, so once I read up on a new TV, video card, etc. I just go nuts like a person on crack. If I could go back, I probably would have just kept on using my Dell U3o11.

That monitor was perfect for me. This nausea and dizzy feeling really made me acutely depressed because I really want to love and enjoy this new toy, but if I have to hurl every time I fire up Crysis 3, then that seriously is going to suck. Hopefully I can get the TV positioned back further, so I can get the increased immersion, but enjoy gaming like I did with my U3011

Well, quick update. I got the TV updated and set to PC mode. First thing is that the picture is gorgeous. 2nd thing is thank God, I stayed with the 48" because initially I was going to get the 55". This TV is huge. Because of the stand, I really can't move it very close to the wall, so the screen is pretty much in my face.

This sucks because, I notice that the games I briefly tried, made me a little nauseous and dizzy. I think I may have to wall mount this thing to get the distance back a little further. Some things I wanted to point out below to possibly help some of you 9000 owners. These are observations I have made in the few hours of owning and using the TV.

1. Eco mode options seemed to default after the TV software updated. I went back in the options and the sensor was set back to on. You guys may want to check that, as having it on, made the picture dull in my dark room.

2. The anynet option is a Samsung feature used to control multiple devices with one remote. It is on by default and I turned it off. I don't know if it saves CPU cycles, but I didn't see this brought up in the Samsung 4k setup FAQ in the thread above.

3. Thank God, my TV is dead/stuck pixel free, but I really thought with as mature as Samsung's edge lit technology is, clouding and light bleed would be almost an extinct issue in 2015. Sadly, it is not, and I definitely have light bleed on my screen. Very noticeable on pure black background. Dialing back the backlight does help though, and I dropped standard mode of 18 down to 10.

I will post some more, once I get the TV dialed in. I would like to say, that I am the type of guy who likes "Bleeding edge" as most of us [H] people do on this forum. I also have no self control, so once I read up on a new TV, video card, etc. I just go nuts like a person on crack. If I could go back, I probably would have just kept on using my Dell U3o11.

That monitor was perfect for me. This nausea and dizzy feeling really made me acutely depressed because I really want to love and enjoy this new toy, but if I have to hurl every time I fire up Crysis 3, then that seriously is going to suck. Hopefully I can get the TV positioned back further, so I can get the increased immersion, but enjoy gaming like I did with my U3011

lol, I'm in the complete opposite camp as you. Got a 40 inch 6500, wall mounted it, and feel it's too small across from my large desk. I wish I got the 48.

lol, I'm in the complete opposite camp as you. Got a 40 inch 6500, wall mounted it, and feel it's too small across from my large desk. I wish I got the 48.

I'm regretting not getting the 48" also, but at the time only the 6700 and 7500 were available. Wasn't a big enough difference for me to between the panels to pay an extra $200-500.
The JS9000 is a better solution now, but it wasn't available at the time I bought the 6700.

Also intro price for the JS9000 was around $2,500 vs $950 for the 6700.

I'll upgrade once Samsung decides to offer another rebate later in the year.

Moving it back will definitely help, but I think time will also. When I first tried the 48" 6700 after using the 40", I had the same sense of dizziness/sickness and I remember posting my impressions here. I was seriously considering going back to the 40", but that feeling of being overwhelmed (sensory overload!) only lasted about a day, and it's been smooth sailing since then. I also managed to increase my distance from the screen just a bit by putting it in the corner of my Ikea Galant rather than on one of the "L" shaped sections.

Also intro price for the JS9000 was around $2,500 vs $950 for the 6700.

I think it might have been more than that, no? I jumped on the JS9000 after the first big price drop hit, and at that time, Samsung and Crutchfield's site indicated that there was a $1,500 instant rebate from $3,499, bringing the price down to $1,999. Maybe it was $2,499 before that - I didn't pay attention to the JS9000 before the price drop because it was more than I was willing to spend.

Moving it back will definitely help, but I think time will also. When I first tried the 48" 6700 after using the 40", I had the same sense of dizziness/sickness and I remember posting my impressions here. I was seriously considering going back to the 40", but that feeling of being overwhelmed (sensory overload!) only lasted about a day, and it's been smooth sailing since then.

Same here. I never quite got dizzy, but I had that same "overwhelmed, too big"
sensation. I got used to it after a couple of days.

Funnily I had that same "overwhelmed, too big" sensation when I first got my 22" Iiyama Visionmaster Pro 510 CRT back in 2001, when I got my 24" Dell 2405FPW back in early 2005 and when I got my 30" Dell U3011 in late 2010.

I wonder what's next. I can't imagine going bigger than 48" :p

I just want to report that I am using the 10' version of the Mediabridge cables on my 48" JS8500 and they work just fine. I spent a bit of time playing GTA5 and Witcher 3 in 4K with no issues. I also saw nothing wrong with the popular chroma test image that is linked in this thread.

Firmware 1221 is out for the JS6700. So far I haven't noticed any differences.

Firmware 1221 is out for the JS6700. So far I haven't noticed any differences.

I really wish we got a detailed change log for these things.

It's 2015 for crying out loud. ALL software should come with detailed revision histories.

Zarathustra[H];1041777860 said:
I really wish we got a detailed change log for these things.

It's 2015 for crying out loud. ALL software should come with detailed revision histories.

That shit is annoying.

I think it might have been more than that, no? I jumped on the JS9000 after the first big price drop hit, and at that time, Samsung and Crutchfield's site indicated that there was a $1,500 instant rebate from $3,499, bringing the price down to $1,999. Maybe it was $2,499 before that - I didn't pay attention to the JS9000 before the price drop because it was more than I was willing to spend.

Could have been higher. The price gap was huge.

I find myself watching a lot of Netflix and Prime on this thing.
So the JS9000 features interest me beyond monitor use.

I think the lower PPI of the 48" will also help with my web font and image sizing.
Most monitors are below 95ppi (110ppi on my 40") so I tend to design things a little larger than needed for everyone else.

Ok. So spent the whole day reorganizing the office for this new beast. I moved the TV back as far as I could. I have a pretty big office, and I have to Bush Executive size desks and I have to say that for a 48" TV, it really fills the desk up! I think the TV will work awesome as a replacement for my U3011.

Other then a little light bleed, the TV is excellent and picture quality is superb. I haven't done any serious gaming yet but I will get around to it and post a follow up between PC/Game mode. I snapped a few pictures with my iPhone, just to show some [H] love! Thanks again for all the help this forum has provided. Till next time fellas!

33xau7k.jpg

bfox0m.jpg

3588mir.jpg

I ended up with a 48JS9000 also, and I'm loving it so far. I have dual purpose with it, work and play, and it is doing well with both. The only issue I have, and this is almost assuredly a driver issue, is that my 3 GTX 780 classified's seem to get buggy with really bad stuttering in some games going full screen 3840x2160 (no it's not hitting a vram limit when this occurs). I've noticed if the particular game allows locking the refresh at 59hz vs 60, the issue goes away, and it goes away if I disable SLI and run off a single card. I'm ready for nVidia to fix that... but I'm also ready to buy 3 titan x's for how absolutely gorgeous this display is. The color accuracy, black levels, overall PQ, motion, etc. is incredible... just blows me away.

Weird. I have had my JS9000 for a couple weeks now and I am still on 1214 firmware. It keeps telling me that I have the latest update.
Anyone else with the same issue? I live in Europe though.

You probably do have the latest. Firmwares are different across regions.

Got it all set up yesterday! Thanks to Zarathustra[H], for his guide on setting up the tv. Helped a bunch. 980Ti and this TV in the same day haha.

Honestly the 6700 is pretty good so far, granted if I have any issue it will be going right back to hhgregg. I haven't played anything super fast paced yet... Was going to start up BF4 but I have a super annoying battlelog issue. On the 1222 firmware. Only thing I played last night was League of Legends, a small amount of H1Z1, and GTA for a few. All in PC mode. Didn't notice the input lag or it just didn't bother me at all.

Any games I should check out, I was thinking about the Witcher 3 to see my precious 980Ti crumble. Lol.

Anyone explain the Extra button on the smart hub remote? It brings up Samsung Extra version 2.052 and it asks me for my zip code and cable provider. Is this so I can stream my cable TV through the TV without a STB? I heard the Once connect box has a TV tuner built in? Nothing much online when I do a google search. I was able to see my channel line up when I added my cable co. and zip code, but when I try to click on a channel, nothing happens. It shows the info and a still image of what I want to play, but nothing loads

1922 update came in for my 7100. Downloaded it as I went to work, so don't know what it's all about. Was on 1918 previously.

I had two "WOW!" moments last night with my UN48JS8500. The first was running one of the 4K nature demos with the Youtube app after I got my settings dialed in. The other was playing Trine 2 in 4K3D using Steam's big picture mode to force it on the second display, which is the Samsung.

Just got mine from Adorama with no issues

Figured out how to mount this TV flush with the desk(mandatory with this size IMO)
Using a 2 different VESA adapters with a cheap Monoprice desk monitor arm

Fs7V6ITl.jpg

7Z1Lefql.jpg

JqAUNc9l.jpg

Just got mine from Adorama with no issues

Figured out how to mount this TV flush with the desk(mandatory with this size IMO)
Using a 2 different VESA adapters with a cheap Monoprice desk monitor arm...

Which Monoprice mount did you use?

Back