New Samsung 4k for everyone.

I'll be honest... for 40" a curve isn't going to be THAT noticeable. I still would prefer to have it rather than not, but it is not nearly as noticeable/necessary as a 48" display. If you are struggling to justify the price, the non-curved 40" will be just as fine. Though I'd probably recommend getting the JU7100 if you can afford it, because it is a much better panel than the 6500.

Then I would rather go with Wasabi Mango UHD420 IPS 4k 42", which is LG panel. The only thing keeps me from ordering one right away is [relatively] poor evaluation of LG sets on rtings.com...

I just checked and they moved it under the "Change resolution" Tab in the nVidia control panel with the latest driver update (don't ask me why ;-p)

Ahh. Thanks! I see it now!

My next question is, why am I greyed out and locked in "limited" output dynamic range?

18840237190_26dbe69dba_o.jpg

I see the same thing in Linux.

Any ideas?

Zarathustra[H];1041681002 said:

My next question is, why am I greyed out and locked in "limited" output dynamic range?

Any ideas?

It's automatically set to full range so it's grayed out. It doesn't mean it's locked to limited. If you compare it with RGB full, they both look the same.

It's automatically set to full range so it's grayed out. It doesn't mean it's locked to limited. If you compare it with RGB full, they both look the same.

Excellent.

Maybe now in Red Orchestra 2 I'll get some more details of the shadows where the damn Russ schwein and their gangster tactics are hiding :p

Zarathustra[H];1041681002 said:

18840237190_26dbe69dba_o.jpg

Any ideas?

Should I be using the YCbCr444 output color format instead of RGB? Any other tweaks in the Nvidia Control Panel I should pursue?

Should I be using the YCbCr444 output color format instead of RGB? Any other tweaks in the Nvidia Control Panel I should pursue?

That is really going to depend on your tastes.

The consensus tends to be that YCbCr444 is the best.

Personally, I am going to disagree with many in here who like the colors on these panels. I find it to be almost cartoonishly over-saturated. I plan on turning down saturation a bit in the Nvidia control panel.

Doesnt turning colour down on the TV help?
Are Gamma, Brightness and Contrast calibrated?

When you change colour settings in Windows, you are reducing the available palette of 24 bits.
A TV can make adjustments on an analogue level without restricting the number of bits available.

Zarathustra[H];1041681266 said:
Personally, I am going to disagree with many in here who like the colors on these panels. I find it to be almost cartoonishly over-saturated.

Told ya. ;) I knew that this would be the case based on your earlier posts describing your preferences. Hence my reservation of recommending the JS series to you. Everybody was getting on the JS9000 hype train, and while I personally am in love with the image that it displays, it's not for people who prefer flatter, more muted colors. You're basically going to turn your JS9000 into a JU7500, so why not put a few hundred dollars back into your pocket?

Told ya. ;) I knew that this would be the case based on your earlier posts describing your preferences. Hence my reservation of recommending the JS series to you. Everybody was getting on the JS9000 hype train, and while I personally am in love with the image that it displays, it's not for people who prefer flatter, more muted colors. You're basically going to turn your JS9000 into a JU7500, so why not put a few hundred dollars back into your pocket?

That's a good point, but people were suggesting the JS9000 also had less input lag, and less ghosting, which can be big deals. I can always turn down the colors. Last I checked there aren't lag and ghosting knobs :p

I'm out of practice with my photography, so I had a difficult time getting all the differnt light sources to play nice for this one, but here's my setup :)

Dell 2007FP (IPS) - Samsung JS9000 - Dell 2007FP (IPS)

A test session in RO2.

19039313541_80c893e63e_o.jpg

Zarathustra[H];1041681498 said:
That's a good point, but people were suggesting the JS9000 also had less input lag, and less ghosting, which can be big deals. I can always turn down the colors. Last I checked there aren't lag and ghosting knobs :p

That's true. I can see why you'd be swayed towards the JS9000 as a newcomer. As someone who has had a chance to use a 6700/7500/9000 I don't think the differences in lag and ghosting are very significant between the 7500 and 9000, but I wasn't interested in compromising. :) And the vivid, vibrant look of the JS9000 really appeals to me.

Something I wondered earlier...we discussed being able to "turn down" the JS9000 to make colors appear more like on the JU6700/7500. I wonder if one could do the opposite and make the JU series look like the JS9000? I tend to think that it would be easier to make a 10-bit panel look like an 8-bit panel than to make an 8-bit panel look like a 10-bit, but considering they picked my JU displays up the day my JS arrived, I guess I'll never know. Not that it's important, but it would be nice for people to be able to "cheap up" if they did like the saturated look. I know that increasing digital vibrance in NVCP would help give the colors a boost, but I'm not sure if it would be at the expense of another trade-off elsewhere.

Zarathustra[H];1041681501 said:
I'm out of practice with my photography, so I had a difficult time getting all the differnt light sources to play nice for this one, but here's my setup :)

Dell 2007FP (IPS) - Samsung JS9000 - Dell 2007FP (IPS)

A test session in RO2.

Looks great, man!

As i said 2 days ago, i'm using the regular mode instead PC Mode / Game Mode, but i want to ask you which options are safe to be disabled.
It won't be used as a TV, only pc monitor.
Do i need Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) ? It's ON
What about those ?

Digital Clean View
MPEG Noise Filter
Auto Motion Plus

I never watch movies on this, so please tell me what's the best option for those
And by the way : i can't go into Safe mode, i think the only way is, after i press F8, i have to turn OFF / ON the tv, to have the HDMI 1 signal again
Thank you

So I was dead set on getting the 6700 48" after reading like 30-40 pages of this thread. Now, I read the last few comments on the JS9000 and am torn between that and the 6700.

Is the 10 bit color, HDR, 3D really worth the extra $1000? I do like more vibrant colors in my TV so that's a plus.

Also, the last couple of posts state the input lag/ghosting is slightly worse in the 6700 vs the js9000. However, reviews state the opposite (6700 is slightly better).

Before I plop a few grand on this display + 2 980 TI's, I want to know which would be my best purchase to use primarily for work (web design, photoshop, video editing), gaming, and movies/Netflix for the next few years to tide me over until OLED TV's are cheap and mainstream.

I'll be using PC mode and 4:4:4 chroma. Low input lag is important to me.

Had to put my 7500 back on its stand over the weekend. The arm's backplate adapter never fit quite right and the monitor wobbled a bit anytime I bumped the desk. The stand raised it about 3" higher, but I'm getting used to it after a couple days. I still don't see how some of you can deal with those beautiful 48" monsters on your desk.

As i said 2 days ago, i'm using the regular mode instead PC Mode / Game Mode, but i want to ask you which options are safe to be disabled.
It won't be used as a TV, only pc monitor.
Do i need Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) ? It's ON
What about those ?

Digital Clean View
MPEG Noise Filter
Auto Motion Plus

I never watch movies on this, so please tell me what's the best option for those
And by the way : i can't go into Safe mode, i think the only way is, after i press F8, i have to turn OFF / ON the tv, to have the HDMI 1 signal again
Thank you

Hey, I saw your PM, but I'd rather respond here, as I think we all benefits from everyone comments.

I have absolutely no idea if you can override the options that get greyed out once you go to PC mode

I didn't even know there was a safe mode to go into and tweak things.

That being said, my personal approach is to keep as many settings on the computer side as possible, and as much as possible disable every single option on the screen.

My assumption is that any manipulation the screen has to do is going to increase input lag, and I am right on the hairy edge of FPS playability when it comes to input lag in PC mode.

To your previous comment about the screen being able to manipulate the color levels better than the video card, resulting in better quality, this might be true, but I'd rather take a minor quality hit by doing this, than take the MAJOR quality hit enabling "game mode" results in.

Game mode to me is so ugly I don't even want to look at it.

Had to put my 7500 back on its stand over the weekend. The arm's backplate adapter never fit quite right and the monitor wobbled a bit anytime I bumped the desk. The stand raised it about 3" higher, but I'm getting used to it after a couple days. I still don't see how some of you can deal with those beautiful 48" monsters on your desk.

[url]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp7/thorthunder_god/image1_zpsk9nq0qzj.jpg[/URL]

Once I have recovered from the expense of this screen and my 980 ti's I am definitely going to look into some sort of after market standI can use to lower the 48" js9000. It may only stand 3.5" off my desk, but anything I can do to lower it would be golden. While most of the time it is great, the top of the screen is just a little bit too high for productivity work, IMHO.

I have partially resolved this by angling it down a little, by placing an old checkbook underneath the rear of the tv foot (oh the irony of adjusting my $2,000 screen by balancing it on financial instruments...)

I promise this is not me: :eek:

scrooge_mcduck-e1334907919275.jpeg

thanks, Zarathustra
i would like to use pc mode but to be able to access the option COLOR and COLOR SPACE
what exactly cause the input lag, most?
brightness? sharpness? contrast? vivid colors?
about the specs from my above post, its better to have them disabled?

Now for something slightly different...

For those that use Plex, the Samsung app is still a ways off from being released. It is being developed by the guy who did the Plex Samsung app, however the 2015 TVs now use a different OS (Tizen) so he is in the process of porting the app.

On the Plex forums, some creative members have found a way to get the app to work with the new 2015 TVs. I have validated it on both my 6700's and JS9000. Here's a summary of what needs to be done to get this working:

1. Download the Plex 4 Samsung app here (Plex forum link here)
2. Format a USB thumb drive with FAT32 and create a folder off the root called "userwidget"
3. Uncompress the file from step 1 onto your hard drive and then go into the "Plex" directory (that you just uncompressed)
4. Create a new zip file (any name will work) that is the full contents of the files in the "Plex" directory. Basically we are just getting rid of the "Plex" directory.
5. Save the new zip file onto the USB thumb drive in the "userwidget" directory.
6. Put thumb drive into USB #2 (might work with any of them)
7. Answer "No" on the screen about browsing the contents.
8. Start the Smart Hub by pressing the Smart Hub button (colored button on remote)
9. Navigate to Featured and then Apps. Go to MyApps and there should be a new app box to the right. Some people on the Plex forums are saying that they see a new box with no title. On mine I see it says Plex, but no graphic.
10. Select the new app - this will install it onto the TV. (note: once this is done, you can remove the thumb drive)
11. Follow the setup/pairing instructions.
12. Enjoy using Plex as a native app on your TV!

Instructions gathered from this forum thread.

Update: 1080p content looks beautiful through the Plex app. I had downloaded some 4k content from YouTube and tried to play it. It will play for 20-30 seconds, then I get stuttering. I don't know if this is my Plex server setup, client app issue, content incompatibility. If anyone plays with this, please post what you find!

Last edited:
Update for those with DirecTV. With the 1218 firmware, you can now connect your Samsung TV directly to your Genie DVR (will only work with the Genie). Once you pair the receiver you will need to call DirecTV and get them to add your TV as a new client.

I am just beginning to play with this. I am unable to get DirecTV to play in a PIP window. Based on what my DirecTV installer said last week, I don't think this version of the DirecTV client is complete. He said that with some 2014 Samsung TVs, you should be able to put DirecTV in the PIP window.

I'll play around with it some more, but we are making progress. BTW, I confirmed that 1218 brings this feature to both the JU6700 and JS9000.

Enjoy!

thanks, Zarathustra
i would like to use pc mode but to be able to access the option COLOR and COLOR SPACE

I don't have the full understanding of the inner workings of the screen to tell you that exactly, and I can't measure it, as I don't have a comparison screen to mirror at 4K resolution(lower resolution on the Samsung causes scaling, and scaling has a HUGE input lag impact. So I haven't found a way of doing a traditional input lag comparison yet.

My philosophy has been, anything that manipulates the image might add lag. Scaling type operations would add a lot, but color adjustments probably only a little, but just in case they add up, I don't want to risk it.

So I have been only enabling features I feel I absolutely need.

All that being said, ever since the 1217 firmware update the input lag is actually pretty good, I just can't measure it objectively. My subjective test (drag a window to the border between my side monitor and the samsung, and move it rapidly up and down) suggests that at this point the Samsung PC mode is only very slightly behind my Dell old S-IPS 2007FP.

In a quick test gaming session it didn't bother me in RO2, but it probably would bother someone playing a more fast paced game, like Counter-Strike.

I'm just hoping that when I add my second GPU, the inherent added lag in the AFR render pipeline doesn't ruin the feel, as I feel right now, I am so very very close to acceptable input lag.

If I could, I would sacrifice scaling but improve lag by forcing SFR mode, or disabling AA, and forcing SLIAA mode, but apparently you can't do this in DX11, only DX9 :(

I should get my second GPU on Wednesday so I will know then :p

If AFR makes PC mode lag unbearable, I'm going to try to return my second 980ti, and instead get an after market AIO cooler and see if I can OC the hell out of the single card.

So I was dead set on getting the 6700 48" after reading like 30-40 pages of this thread. Now, I read the last few comments on the JS9000 and am torn between that and the 6700.

Is the 10 bit color, HDR, 3D really worth the extra $1000? I do like more vibrant colors in my TV so that's a plus.

Also, the last couple of posts state the input lag/ghosting is slightly worse in the 6700 vs the js9000. However, reviews state the opposite (6700 is slightly better).

Before I plop a few grand on this display + 2 980 TI's, I want to know which would be my best purchase to use primarily for work (web design, photoshop, video editing), gaming, and movies/Netflix for the next few years to tide me over until OLED TV's are cheap and mainstream.

I'll be using PC mode and 4:4:4 chroma. Low input lag is important to me.

That's a tough decision. The JS9000 is the better display without question, but whether it is worth the additional $850 is a personal choice. I will revise my previous estimate of the color and screen quality difference between the two to subjectively saying that the JS9000 is 15% better. The colors are richer and more saturated. That being said, I use my side 40" JU6700's every day and they still blow me away and I don't feel like I'm settling or lacking in any way. Both are extremely enjoyable screens to use.

Read what the others have said and then maybe buy both and compare them. I don't feel like the 6700 is settling, rather the JS9000 is just a bit richer experience. I'm coming from triple Dell u3011's which at the time cost about $3300 in total. Now with 2 40" JU6700's and a 48" JS9000 I'm out roughly $4000. That is a lot of money, but comparing it to what I paid for the Dell's and factoring in the increased resolution, better color, better quality, TV functions, better everything, it is a steal in my book.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Crutchfield has an open box 48JU7500, about to pull the trigger to replace my 40JU7500. Just curious if that is anyone from this board's return. If so...dead pixels or traded up to the JS9000? (Obviously no way to know for sure, just taking a shot in the dark, return 125$ shipping would be painful if avoidable)

That's a tough decision. The JS9000 is the better display without question, but whether it is worth the additional $850 is a personal choice. I will revise my previous estimate of the color and screen quality difference between the two to subjectively saying that the JS9000 is 15% better. The colors are richer and more saturated. That being said, I use my side 40" JU6700's every day and they still blow me away and I don't feel like I'm settling or lacking in any way. Both are extremely enjoyable screens to use.

Read what the others have said and then maybe buy both and compare them. I don't feel like the 6700 is settling, rather the JS9000 is just a bit richer experience. I'm coming from triple Dell u3011's which at the time cost about $3300 in total. Now with 2 40" JU6700's and a 48" JS9000 I'm out roughly $4000. That is a lot of money, but comparing it to what I paid for the Dell's and factoring in the increased resolution, better color, better quality, TV functions, better everything, it is a steal in my book.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Thanks, that helps. Quick question, how is the input lag on both sets? Do you notice any difference in gaming on the input lag between the two?

I am leaning towards the 6700 because I will be spending 1,300 on two 980 TI's to run at 60hz and may buy an additional monitor to run vertical against the 48". $2,500 is a big amount to me to plop down on a new display/video cards. $3,500 is beyond what I feel comfortable with now.

Think I saw a picture of your setup on AVS forum on their thread on the JS9000. Looks pretty sick btw

Crutchfield has an open box 48JU7500, about to pull the trigger to replace my 40JU7500. Just curious if that is anyone from this board's return. If so...dead pixels or traded up to the JS9000? (Obviously no way to know for sure, just taking a shot in the dark, return 125$ shipping would be painful if avoidable)

Just make sure it's not one that was returned by one of the poster here that had a stuck pixel.

Thanks, that helps. Quick question, how is the input lag on both sets? Do you notice any difference in gaming on the input lag between the two?

I am leaning towards the 6700 because I will be spending 1,300 on two 980 TI's to run at 60hz and may buy an additional monitor to run vertical against the 48". $2,500 is a big amount to me to plop down on a new display/video cards. $3,500 is beyond what I feel comfortable with now.

Think I saw a picture of your setup on AVS forum on their thread on the JS9000. Looks pretty sick btw

If you are at all hesitating due to cash, just buy the 6700. It's a terrific display and I love mine.

If you are at all hesitating due to cash, just buy the 6700. It's a terrific display and I love mine.

Good to hear. I am probably going to pull the trigger in buying one (just wanted to know thoughts on input lag between the two models.) and maybe buy a cheap refurb P2715Q when its $3xx or so and put it in portrait mode (for multitasking). Seems like a sick setup for a bargain.

Good to hear. I am probably going to pull the trigger in buying one (just wanted to know thoughts on input lag between the two models.) and maybe buy a cheap refurb P2715Q when its $3xx or so and put it in portrait mode (for multitasking). Seems like a sick setup for a bargain.

I don't play FPS much anymore, but I did load up TF2 and gave it a few rounds and had fun. Input lag was not noticeable and I didn't see any blurring, etc. Was smooth and fun. Keep in mind my prior monitor was a Korean 1440p @ 110hz. Everyone is different, though.

I didn't want to start a new thread.

I haven't looked at TVs in 5 years, my last one is a 42" panasonic IPS that I want to upgrade from. (its still a great TV, but I need a bigger one). I think its a 120hz tv.

I have time warner cable, which would probably be its main use.

i'm looking for a tv that has excellent picture quality, that would be good for tv/movies/chromecast, maybe ps4, and not often (if at all) PC.

I was looking at this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...lack/3953166.p?id=1219609307254&skuId=3953166
I don't think my budget can go any higher than that though.

Really not sure what to be looking at since I haven't been looking for a tv in 5 years.

Amazon has the same model just without the FXZA at the end of it compared to best buy, is it actually different? Amazon says it has 2HDMIs but its picture shows 4, while bestbuy says 4.

is it HDMI 2.0 4:4:4 60hz? I read some mixed info on it. Should I look at a different TV completely? TIA

Question : which option is better on Nvidia Control Panel - Perform scaling on : GPU / Display ?
And " Override the scaling mode set by games and programs " should be checked or unchecked ?
Thank you :)

I didn't want to start a new thread.

I haven't looked at TVs in 5 years, my last one is a 42" panasonic IPS that I want to upgrade from. (its still a great TV, but I need a bigger one). I think its a 120hz tv.

I have time warner cable, which would probably be its main use.

i'm looking for a tv that has excellent picture quality, that would be good for tv/movies/chromecast, maybe ps4, and not often (if at all) PC.

I was looking at this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...lack/3953166.p?id=1219609307254&skuId=3953166
I don't think my budget can go any higher than that though.

Really not sure what to be looking at since I haven't been looking for a tv in 5 years.

Amazon has the same model just without the FXZA at the end of it compared to best buy, is it actually different? Amazon says it has 2HDMIs but its picture shows 4, while bestbuy says 4.

is it HDMI 2.0 4:4:4 60hz? I read some mixed info on it. Should I look at a different TV completely? TIA

The TV you linked on BestBuy is the Samsung JU6700. This TV is HDMI 2.0 and is capable of 4:4:4 at 60Hz.

Read through this thread - it should answer all your questions.

thanks, Zarathustra what exactly cause the input lag, most?

I can't answer that question, but I can talk about the lag I see. I don't play competitive FPS games, but I of the other games I play (in PC mode) I notice no lag except for one exception: I have terrible, terrible lag in Dragon Age: Inquisition. I'm talking so bad it's nearly unplayable. I have no idea why as all my equipment should run it on ultra easily, but it takes several seconds for any movement I make to translate to the screen. No other game I play has this problem. I did try to fire up Skyrim to see how that works, but it wouldn't start and then I remembered I modded it to death and need to do a clean install, lol. I'm not up for the downloading required for that right now, though.

I can't answer that question, but I can talk about the lag I see. I don't play competitive FPS games, but I of the other games I play (in PC mode) I notice no lag except for one exception: I have terrible, terrible lag in Dragon Age: Inquisition. I'm talking so bad it's nearly unplayable. I have no idea why as all my equipment should run it on ultra easily, but it takes several seconds for any movement I make to translate to the screen. No other game I play has this problem. I did try to fire up Skyrim to see how that works, but it wouldn't start and then I remembered I modded it to death and need to do a clean install, lol. I'm not up for the downloading required for that right now, though.

If you are seeing differences in different titles then - obviously - the screen isn't to blame.

The screen will have the same amount of lag no matter what you display on it, if you keep the screen settings the same.

Last edited:
Today arrived my ue40ju6472.

I was surprised my old cheap hdmi cable worked in 4: 4: 4 60hz (uhd color on).

The panel is PERFECT (no bad pixels, no backlight) and uniform color.

PWM is ok for me, input lag idem.

The only thing is .. blur in fast images (for example, in football games you see). Is not a great problem, but not a perfect.

Thank you all for the thread.

I read ALL the pages in two days before the buy, it was very useful.

Greetings from Italy (and sorry for my bad eng :asd: )

thanks, Zarathustra

On input lag. anything between the video port on your PC to the panel can add lag. The more interface the signal passes through. the more lag. A monitor with multiple input will always have more lag than a single input one. Anytime the video need to be processed (scaling, color, brightness, contrast) it adds lag. Better components and better firmware can help a lot in this area. Most people will agree that lag have been reduced with the latest firmware releases. Shutting down non-essential services (like SmartTV and TV instant on) can also reduce lag.

Zarathustra[H];1041683516 said:
If you are seig differences in different titles then - obviously - the screen isn't to blame.

The screen will have the same amount of lag no matter what you display on it, if you keep the screen settings the same.

I certainly can't figure out what's causing it, though. I'm hundreds of hours into the game and had zero problems until I swapped to this TV. I haven't investigated it much, yet, though, just haven't felt up to it. I'm a little worn out on dealing with electronics right now.

What GPU are you using? have you try changing to a different/older driver? (don't trust Geforce experience. I had games that went from running fine to stutter using their recommended settings).

On input lag. anything between the video port on your PC to the panel can add lag. The more interface the signal passes through. the more lag. A monitor with multiple input will always have more lag than a single input one. Anytime the video need to be processed (scaling, color, brightness, contrast) it adds lag. Better components and better firmware can help a lot in this area. Most people will agree that lag have been reduced with the latest firmware releases. Shutting down non-essential services (like SmartTV and TV instant on) can also reduce lag.

Thank you
I disabled some options i don't need, i use the regular mode, input lag is not too bad, i do not play FPS at all :)
I don't understand the option WHITE BALANCE / 2 Point
I tried to modify those values : RGB Offset / RGB Gain, but i didn't see any difference
Is there any, at all ?

Back