New Samsung 4k for everyone.

Bah. Thanks for the information. I'd like to bring my JS9000 down a bit closer to the desk, but I just measured 3.5" from the bottom of the bezel to the desk so that stand would only give me another inch. If it was 2.5" from the desktop to the bottom of the viewable area, that would be sweet.

Guess I'll have to keep looking. I wonder if the Ergotron LX tall pole setup would be an option. Time to research..

I figured I'd chime in here. I'm planning on getting the js9000, but I had originally been looking at the 40" Philips, so I got the Ergotron LX Tall, plus a 200x200 VESA adapter plate. Turns out, the 48" JS is 400x400. The Ergotron specs say it's for monitors up to 25lbs, but the JS9000 is a little under 36lbs. I honestly don't think this will be a problem. I'm betting you can actually put far more on the stand than they specify, but they want to have a wide margin of safety. You can tighten the spring quite a lot on the arm, and it would be spending most of its time resting on the desk anyway.

So, to fix the VESA issue, I'm thinking I might go with this:
http://www.mountsdirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_130&products_id=2247

I'm thinking I can get that to fit the arm mount and then attach the TV to that, since it supports the TV's VESA size. But then how much does it add to the weight? I don't know. That page doesn't say how much it weighs, but it does say "Extra Heavy Gauge Steel construction" which could mean it's a lot. Being able to pivot the TV and have a lot more motion than a typical stand could be worth it to try. A lot of questions still remain.

Thanks, Forged. You may be right on the weight tolerance on the Ergotron. The other option that I'm checking out is the Humanscale M8, which is rated up to 40lbs. That should be more than enough to support the JS9000, but I need to make sure that the VESA mount on the arm can be raised high enough so that the 48" behemoth clears the desk. I'm not worried about the weight, but most of those desk mount arms are built with 27"-32" monitors in mind. Need to make sure we have enough height clearance.

Hi, I just invested in the 65" JU7500 and keep seeing the 120hz refresh rate mentioned here.

I have tried to search the rather long thread here, but not come up with the answer.

I have it attached to my PC, have UHD and PC mode enabled on 2 of the HDMI 2.0 ports (1 for my MacBook and 1 for my PC) and can easily see that it is 4:4:4 both by eye and with a test picture or 2 when in 'PC' mode and see that it switches to 4:2:x (not sure if x=0 or 2 at this stage) when the port is changed to 'Game' mode.

I only see options for 60hz, so forgive the noobie question, but when and how and in what circumstances can 120hz be achieved?

Hi, I just invested in the 65" JU7500 and keep seeing the 120hz refresh rate mentioned here.

I have tried to search the rather long thread here, but not come up with the answer.

I have it attached to my PC, have UHD and PC mode enabled on 2 of the HDMI 2.0 ports (1 for my MacBook and 1 for my PC) and can easily see that it is 4:4:4 both by eye and with a test picture or 2 when in 'PC' mode and see that it switches to 4:2:x (not sure if x=0 or 2 at this stage) when the port is changed to 'Game' mode.

I only see options for 60hz, so forgive the noobie question, but when and how and in what circumstances can 120hz be achieved?

It can't take a 120Hz signal - it can only interpolate and insert frames in between other frames, by adding lag and comparing one frame to the next, before inserting another third frame in between the two that it received from the signal. This is the way 120fps tvs have worked since they were released - nothing new.

HDMI doesn't even have enough bandwidth for 4k 4:4:4 at 120Hz. 60Hz is all that you will be able to display from a PC to any 4k 4:4:4 screen out there, over HDMI 2.0.

You should have read more closely - it simply isn't technically possible.

Game mode isn't 4:4:4 - never has been.

Last edited:
Thanks, Forged. You may be right on the weight tolerance on the Ergotron. The other option that I'm checking out is the Humanscale M8, which is rated up to 40lbs. That should be more than enough to support the JS9000, but I need to make sure that the VESA mount on the arm can be raised high enough so that the 48" behemoth clears the desk. I'm not worried about the weight, but most of those desk mount arms are built with 27"-32" monitors in mind. Need to make sure we have enough height clearance.

That's a really expensive arm for a risky option that may not even work. Plus, you'd have to figure out how to make it work with a 400x400 VESA mount. The closest thing they list on their website is a 200mm x 400mm VESA Plate, and it's an extra $50.

As I already have the tall pole Ergotron (for a fraction of the cost of the Humanscale), I figure I'm already this far in, it's worth giving it a shot, otherwise, I'm stuck with the stand the thing comes with.

So I just got my JS9000 setup and it's running firmware 1207. I may or may not upgrade it since things are looking great so far. What I've noticed...

• Nobody mentioned, or at least that I saw, how awesome this bezel is! The display panel and bezel are almost perfectly flush with one another. On the 7500 I have, the panel is recessed into the bezel quite a bit. This is an eye sore to me, and the 9000 looks so much better because of it.
  • Ghosting appears to be much better on the JS9000. It wasn't bad on my 7500, but I noticed when slowly scrolling [H] that the red bars above posts where the time is labeled would have a black trail following them. This is non-existent on the JS9000 in any setting.
  • Colors are much better. I feel no need to artificially increase the color vibrance which crushes higher and lower ends of the color palette.
  • Lag at first glance appears equal to my 7500 at its best, maybe even better in game mode. I will have to test this obviously.
  • Blacks... oh boy, at least at first glance, they are better. Just looking at [H] the background looks better than it ever did on my 7500.
  • It has a cool setting for Cinema Blacks, which makes that black bar above/below the screen when watching movies much darker without compromising the picture quality/brightness at all!

I've only had this puppy running for about 30 minutes. Looked at some quick clips and haven't played a game yet. I'll be gone the next day or two but so far this looks like a definite keeper. 10-bit panel, HDR ready, full One Connect, and everything above I mentioned. If you have the 48" 7500, UPGRADE to the JS9000. You'd be crazy not to.

As SGSeeker said...

But if you want to see what 4K 120 Hz looks like with a little lag, enable Auto Motion Plus, set to Custom, and set Blur Reduction to 10.

So I just got my JS9000 setup and it's running firmware 1207. I may or may not upgrade it since things are looking great so far. What I've noticed...

• Nobody mentioned, or at least that I saw, how awesome this bezel is! The display panel and bezel are almost perfectly flush with one another. On the 7500 I have, the panel is recessed into the bezel quite a bit. This is an eye sore to me, and the 9000 looks so much better because of it.
  • Ghosting appears to be much better on the JS9000. It wasn't bad on my 7500, but I noticed when slowly scrolling [H] that the red bars above posts where the time is labeled would have a black trail following them. This is non-existent on the JS9000 in any setting.
  • Colors are much better. I feel no need to artificially increase the color vibrance which crushes higher and lower ends of the color palette.
  • Lag at first glance appears equal to my 7500 at its best, maybe even better in game mode. I will have to test this obviously.
  • Blacks... oh boy, at least at first glance, they are better. Just looking at [H] the background looks better than it ever did on my 7500.
  • It has a cool setting for Cinema Blacks, which makes that black bar above/below the screen when watching movies much darker without compromising the picture quality/brightness at all!

I've only had this puppy running for about 30 minutes. Looked at some quick clips and haven't played a game yet. I'll be gone the next day or two but so far this looks like a definite keeper. 10-bit panel, HDR ready, full One Connect, and everything above I mentioned. If you have the 48" 7500, UPGRADE to the JS9000. You'd be crazy not to.

Woot! Welcome to the club. :cool:

Nitemare3219 said:
As SGSeeker said...

But if you want to see what 4K 120 Hz looks like with a little lag, enable Auto Motion Plus, set to Custom, and set Blur Reduction to 10.

Or just set it to either the Standard or Smooth preset.

BTW if you use anything other than PC mode, go ahead and update the firmware. Text/graphics fidelity is much improved with firmware 1215. It's a very noticeable difference.

It can't take a 120Hz signal - it can only interpolate and insert frames in between other frames, by adding lag and comparing one frame to the next, before inserting another third frame in between the two that it received from the signal. This is the way 120fps tvs have worked since they were released - nothing new.

HDMI doesn't even have enough bandwidth for 4k 4:4:4 at 120Hz. 60Hz is all that you will be able to display from a PC to any 4k 4:4:4 screen out there, over HDMI 2.0.

You should have read more closely - it simply isn't technically possible.

Game mode isn't 4:4:4 - never has been.

Thanks (if a little aggressive in response, not used to that!)

No need for me to read more closely... I am not after 120hz in PC mode in reality, but 120hz for the 7500 is mentioned a bit in this thread, hence why my question was so open as I did not understand why people were mentioning it because the context of its use was unclear.

I am however quite clear that Game mode is not 4:4:4 as I alluded to in my post, so not sure where your statement came from, perhaps it is not me who needs to read more closely lol ;) (no offence meant just chucking the crapbag back over the fence)

Anyhoo, thanks for the warm welcome!

BTW if you use anything other than PC mode, go ahead and update the firmware. Text/graphics fidelity is much improved with firmware 1215. It's a very noticeable difference.

While this is probably true, and I have indeed tried the various Game mode options on 1215, I still can't justify using anything other than the PC source mode. The loss of text clarity, particularly against colored backgrounds, and color quality are too noticeable for me. The PQ is just exquisite in PC mode.

I would love an explanation for why you guys keep leaving PC mode on the JS9000. Not because I want to vilify anyone's personal preferences or validate my own - far from it; I want to understand what I may be missing and ensure I'm utilizing all of the display's features.

I was looking on Samsung's website and it has the reduced price ending on 6/13. I'm so tempted to try the JS9000. The return freight to Crutchfield is stopping me..It sounds like I may not have a need to return it.

Decisions decisions

I would love an explanation for why you guys keep leaving PC mode on the JS9000. Not because I want to vilify anyone's personal preferences or validate my own - far from it; I want to understand what I may be missing and ensure I'm utilizing all of the display's features.

It's been explained several times, but I will do so again. Two reasons: 1) noticeably less input lag in Game mode; the mouse is faster and more responsive, and 2) increased motion smoothness/clarity when Auto Motion Plus is enabled, which isn't possible in PC mode.

If you're perfectly happy with PC mode then that's fine, but I find that other modes have the aforementioned advantages (at the expense of some visual fidelity as you've noted, but that got better with later firmware updates). It's entirely personal preference.

It's been explained several times, but I will do so again

I'm not sure this was necessary. I've tried to be quite nonconfrontational on this point, but it can't seem to be avoided. Claiming that something is obvious or has been stated before is generally a pleasant way of stating "you should already know this." I strongly disagree and find it counterproductive to the otherwise helpful information you've provided in the past.

I have found conflicting information on what Game source mode and AMP are actually doing on the display. For example:

AMP mode is basically 120hz interpolated mode. It works surprisingly well, with trade off being more lag.

This suggests that it's possible to introduce additional lag when enabling AMP. Should I enable the Game source mode but avoid AMP? You have praised its value on several occasions, and one would presume this is because of enhancements to the smoothness of the displayed images.

I am honestly not seeing the reductions in lag that you consider obvious. I understand this may not be representative of other's experiences, which is why I'm trying to determine if additional settings need to be adjusted to realize the "noticeably less input lag in Game mode."

It's too bad we couldn't have a more constructive discussion on the topic. I have a feeling other JS9000 owners would benefit.

Last edited:
Well... looks like I've got a bright green and blue subpixel. We'll see what Crutchfield can do - any suggestions in the meantime? Not sure if anyone else has had a similar issue. :mad:

Photo_Grid_1434134647695.jpg

As SGSeeker said...

Glad to see you see what I see! Keeper right!

I got another JS9000 in today so as long as the firmware is older I can see how it compares to the newest firmware, time permitting as I am packing the first one up shortly.

I am glad you noticed the lower amounts of ghosting/blur, no one else seemed to have confirmed my observation on that till now! I definitely noticed it in games.

Yes on the black levels and colors!!! Probably the best looking display one can get right now! Be sure to pop a game in 3d sit back 4 or 5 feet and grin ;)

Well... looks like I've got a bright green and blue subpixel. We'll see what Crutchfield can do - any suggestions in the meantime? Not sure if anyone else has had a similar issue. :mad:

Photo_Grid_1434134647695.jpg

Had the same thing in the center of my JU7500 and near the top right edge of my first JS9000 :(, Really hope #2 is without!

My apologies, Honeydew. I don't know how much of the thread you've read since you joined, but I felt that in over 3,500 posts, the pros and cons of the various modes have been covered several times by now and that you and I and supermi had had this particular discussion just a few pages ago, and that you chose to keep using PC mode because you found no benefit in the other modes that would outweigh the image quality that you were getting from PC mode. Nothing wrong with that.

I've noticed several new members (not you) who have found this thread and continue to ask questions like "What benefits does the glossy screen on the 7xxx series have over semi-gloss screen on the 6xxx series?" or "What features does the 7xxx have that the 6xxx doesn't?" that have been discussed over and over. I realize that it's a huge thread, but it would be nice if people would skim through it or at the very least, perform a search where surely relevant pieces of info can be found. I guess that played a part in my response, and it shouldn't have been directed at you. It's not my intention to be confrontational; the one guy that I did have an issue with isn't posting in this thread any longer and it's been much more pleasant without his attitude and condescending remarks.

Regarding the lag, it's very possible that you're just not sensitive to input lag and that's why you don't feel a difference when switching to Game mode. For me and others, it's very noticeable. Not that the lag is terrible in PC mode - it's actually quite good for a TV, but it's even better in Game mode.

And you're correct; in theory, any time you enable additional processing, input lag should increase. I can't remember if anyone has measured it (although I do remember some millisecond figures with AMP being thrown out quite a while back; not sure if they were measured or guesstimated), but we're all assuming that enabling AMP introduces additional input lag because the TV is having to add something vs. simply displaying the signal that is being sent to it. But for me, any increased lag when enabling AMP is outweighed by the blur reduction. The smoothness of AMP at 4K is really something to behold; it's quite impressive IMO.

If you switch between the various modes (PC, Game, and non-Game with AMP enabled) and can't discern any appreciable differences in lag or motion clarity and the degradation in image quality is not worth the lack of those perceived differences (and why would it be if you can't perceive them? ;)), then you should just continue to use PC mode.

I hope that helps. If you need additional clarification, just ask. You're right - the information is likely helpful to both current and prospective owners.

My apologies, Honeydew. I don't know how much of the thread you've read since you joined, but I felt that in over 3,500 posts, the pros and cons of the various modes have been covered several times by now and that you and I and supermi had had this particular discussion just a few pages ago, and that you chose to keep using PC mode because you found no benefit in the other modes that would outweigh the image quality that you were getting from PC mode. Nothing wrong with that.

I've noticed several new members (not you) who have found this thread and continue to ask questions like "What benefits does the glossy screen on the 7xxx series have over semi-gloss screen on the 6xxx series?" or "What features does the 7xxx have that the 6xxx doesn't?" that have been discussed over and over. I realize that it's a huge thread, but it would be nice if people would skim through it or at the very least, perform a search where surely relevant pieces of info can be found. I guess that played a part in my response, and it shouldn't have been directed at you. It's not my intention to be confrontational; the one guy that I did have an issue with isn't posting in this thread any longer and it's been much more pleasant without his attitude and condescending remarks.

Regarding the lag, it's very possible that you're just not sensitive to input lag and that's why you don't feel a difference when switching to Game mode. For me and others, it's very noticeable. Not that the lag is terrible in PC mode - it's actually quite good for a TV, but it's even better in Game mode.

And you're correct; in theory, any time you enable additional processing, input lag should increase. I can't remember if anyone has measured it (although I do remember some millisecond figures with AMP being thrown out quite a while back; not sure if they were measured or guesstimated), but we're all assuming that enabling AMP introduces additional input lag because the TV is having to add something vs. simply displaying the signal that is being sent to it. But for me, any increased lag when enabling AMP is outweighed by the blur reduction. The smoothness of AMP at 4K is really something to behold; it's quite impressive IMO.

If you switch between the various modes (PC, Game, and non-Game with AMP enabled) and can't discern any appreciable differences in lag or motion clarity and the degradation in image quality is not worth the lack of those perceived differences (and why would it be if you can't perceive them? ;)), then you should just continue to use PC mode.

I hope that helps. If you need additional clarification, just ask. You're right - the information is likely helpful to both current and prospective owners.

That was quite helpful. Thank you for the additional clarification. I readily admit knowledge deficiencies in the precise differences expressed in blur, ghosting, lag, etc., and I I have a feeling the terms are sometimes used interchangeably by various folks. This has likely added some confusion in my attempts to review previous material.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something from Game source mode and the various options it enables (e.g., AMP). It would appear I'm not and, as you pointed out, I appear to lack a sensitivity to lag/ghosting/blur.

Something we can all agree on - the JS9000 is an outstanding display. It's easily one of the best tech purchases I have ever made.

Difference between Game mode and PC mode is HUGE. Mine stays in PC mode.

I concur. I must admit a portion of my motivation was to determine if I was alone in this perspective. It would appear the majority of the folks posting here find value in the Game source mode; I, respectfully, do not. While this is completely understandable, I was somewhat surprised others weren't as sensitive to the reduction in PQ when outside of PC mode. It really is quite noticeable to me, perhaps in a manner that is similar to how others feel about the lag/ghosting blur reduction in Game mode. Each to their own, of course. To this end, we're fortunate the JS9000 is robust enough to accommodate all of our preferences.

Last edited:
Thanks (if a little aggressive in response, not used to that!)

No need for me to read more closely... I am not after 120hz in PC mode in reality, but 120hz for the 7500 is mentioned a bit in this thread, hence why my question was so open as I did not understand why people were mentioning it because the context of its use was unclear.

I am however quite clear that Game mode is not 4:4:4 as I alluded to in my post, so not sure where your statement came from, perhaps it is not me who needs to read more closely lol ;) (no offence meant just chucking the crapbag back over the fence)

Anyhoo, thanks for the warm welcome!

Not being aggressive, just stating facts in as few words as possible so as to not add more confusion to the thread. It's kind of late to ask these questions after already spending $2k on a screen (otherwise needing to load back up and haul back to the store). Your post was unclear on exactly what you were looking for as a response - it simply sounded like you expected to see 120Hz options on the PC, and possibly that you were looking for game mode to work with 4:4:4 (as many swore they were getting earlier in the thread).

I haven't tried it, or remember discussion in this thread, but I wouldn't think 4:4:4 would work with interpolated frames. PC mode disables most of the processing options available in the menu.

120Hz is simply the same 120Hz (or 240Hz) stuff marketed on television sets for a few years - some people call it the "soap opera effect". If you frames 1 and 2, a third one must be inserted in between. Frame 2 must first be received, then processed, before the frame in between can be drawn and displayed. It's fine for motion-picture as audio-sync is rarely accurate, but the processing time for PC or gaming usage is pretty bad.

You will also see people discussing the flicker-rate of the backlight being 120Hz. 120Hz PWM is pretty common on many display, but on most computer monitors, setting to 100% brightness gets rid of any noticeable PWM flicker and can still be a tolerable brightness. A monitor at 100% brightness is closer to these displays at around 50% brightness. Since these larger displays are dimmed so much more to get to sane brightness levels, the PWM flickering becomes much more noticeable, especially at under 50% brightness.

120-240Hz discussion has been all over the place in this thread.

I think others covered how to enable motion-interpolation (120Hz frame-insertion) well enough. I haven't played with it as I don't care for inserting data into the picture which doesn't exist, and it won't work in 4:4:4 mode.

Passing the info forward (from vorpel and/or supermi): 4:4:4 chroma is only available in PC mode when HDMI UHD color is enabled on the proper HDMI input.

I think links to various tests have been posted before, but this may be helpful for those who want to verify they're in 4:4:4 chroma (i.e., scroll to the Testing and Technical section, T1). Some of the other information is out of date.

Last edited:
Not being aggressive, just stating facts in as few words as possible so as to not add more confusion to the thread. It's kind of late to ask these questions after already spending $2k on a screen (otherwise needing to load back up and haul back to the store). Your post was unclear on exactly what you were looking for as a response - it simply sounded like you expected to see 120Hz options on the PC, and possibly that you were looking for game mode to work with 4:4:4 (as many swore they were getting earlier in the thread).

I haven't tried it, or remember discussion in this thread, but I wouldn't think 4:4:4 would work with interpolated frames. PC mode disables most of the processing options available in the menu.

120Hz is simply the same 120Hz (or 240Hz) stuff marketed on television sets for a few years - some people call it the "soap opera effect". If you frames 1 and 2, a third one must be inserted in between. Frame 2 must first be received, then processed, before the frame in between can be drawn and displayed. It's fine for motion-picture as audio-sync is rarely accurate, but the processing time for PC or gaming usage is pretty bad.

You will also see people discussing the flicker-rate of the backlight being 120Hz. 120Hz PWM is pretty common on many display, but on most computer monitors, setting to 100% brightness gets rid of any noticeable PWM flicker and can still be a tolerable brightness. A monitor at 100% brightness is closer to these displays at around 50% brightness. Since these larger displays are dimmed so much more to get to sane brightness levels, the PWM flickering becomes much more noticeable, especially at under 50% brightness.

120-240Hz discussion has been all over the place in this thread.

I think others covered how to enable motion-interpolation (120Hz frame-insertion) well enough. I haven't played with it as I don't care for inserting data into the picture which doesn't exist, and it won't work in 4:4:4 mode.
Thanks for the info, that's clear.

I assumed that as only 1 sentence of my original post had a question mark, that it would be obvious that I only was asking 1 question. The rest of the post was merely showing what level of understanding I had already.

I must have paid over the odds as I forked out £2999 GBP which is currently about $4500 on this beauty... it is the 65" though so I'd be gobsmacked if you could get it for $2K even in the states.

It's never too late asking questions, I have to disagree with that statement. I'm 50 yrs old so have watched technology grow up and pass me at speed and it's difficult to keep up with everything going on when it's not your primary focus ... which TV's are no longer for me.

I'm very happy with the screen, it's ticking all the boxes for me... I just wanted to know where/when and how for 120hz... as you say, it's all over the place in this thread, which is why it's so difficult to get the facts... as a lot of it is speculation or sometimes worse....

On the whole I have been following this forum (not this thread) for over a decade for various PC related topics and I find it very useful, but I do find a lot of the responses on here condescending to newcomers. I challenge you to read 3500 posts in 30minutes, I know I can't and time is precious at my age... hence I did a search to shorten the time required, did not find the answer and asked a single question after giving the background.

Hope this explains why I asked a question and hope that you can take my post as just what it is, a statement of how it has all come across and an explanation of what I was asking.

I concur. I must admit a portion of my motivation was to determine if I was alone in this perspective. It would appear the majority of the folks posting here find value in the Game source mode; I, respectfully, do not. While this is completely understandable, I was somewhat surprised others weren't as sensitive to the reduction in PQ when outside of PC mode. It really is quite noticeable to me, perhaps in a manner that is similar to how others feel about the lag/ghosting blur reduction in Game mode. Each to their own, of course. To this end, we're fortunate the JS9000 is robust enough to accommodate all of our preferences.

7100 user here. I mostly keep mine in game mode due to the responsiveness of the mouse. I am sensitive to the reduction in PQ, but it's very subtle, and not something I'll notice unless I'm looking for it ( switching inputs back to back ). I will say since that I'm assuming PC mode looks much better than the 7000 series, and therefore the difference between JS9000 PC mode and game mode might be a bit more extreme.

Game mode is really half the reason I'll keep the set. PC mode doesn't' feel atrocious, but once you use game mode for awhile, its difficult to go back.

'

I agree with others about games mode being superior over pc for gaming...GTA V feels much smoother on game mode vs pc. I just switch between the two when I'm surfing the web pc for the awesome colors and clarity and game mode for the smoothness thats pretty much like a 120hz monitor. ;)

I agree with others about games mode being superior over pc for gaming...GTA V feels much smoother on game mode vs pc. I just switch between the two when I'm surfing the web pc for the awesome colors and clarity and game mode for the smoothness thats pretty much like a 120hz monitor. ;)
I've only had my 7500 for a week and I'm coming to the same conclusion for FPS and Racing Sims in general Game mode plus custom AMP all the way for overall smoothness and low input lag!

BUT for games that have stunning visuals like Elite Dangerous, the clarity of PC mode is far superior to any other mode, despite the tincy lack of motion smoothness that is introduced in the PC mode.... I can put up with that.

I'm only 29" away from my screen (positioned for Sim Racing just behind the wheel). The TV is not moveable back and forth, or at least it wont be once I mount it on the robotic arm I am making to drop it down 4"in to my desk to line up with my wheel.... so at 29" I really do notice the aberration/halos around lines and in particular text when not in PC mode.

I'm happy with switching as it takes seconds to get the best of both worlds and I do use the screen for PC work during the day and Photograph editing at weekends so will need to use PC mode for both those.

It is rather large for using as a PC monitor, but it's a compromise between the 40" 4K Philips Monitor and the 84" 21:9 curved 1080p PJ screen I'm coming from and certainly is easier to swap modes and drop the TV for Sim Racing than it is swapping Monitor/PJ and screen like I do now.

I must have paid over the odds as I forked out £2999 GBP which is currently about $4500 on this beauty... it is the 65" though so I'd be gobsmacked if you could get it for $2K even in the states.

The 65JU7500 is $2800 at full retail price here in the United States, but I wouldn't be surprised to see people getting them for under $2500. A bit large for a desktop monitor, but a nice screen size for general tv use, where you could actually use the 120Hz frame-injection feature.

If you're using this with a PC, stick with 60Hz. If using for motion picture, if you like the tv inserting frames to make movies look more fluid, switch on the Motion Plus stuff. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...uto-motion-plus-thread-gimmick-substance.html

120Hz should technically be inserting 4 frames for every 1 frame in a 24fps video signal, if you wanted true fluid motion. I don't know how much it can do, if you were send a true 24fps signal to the tv.

Eh... It all depends on the individual. I'm not sensitive to lag and can't tell the difference in lag between game mode and PC mode. I use PC mode exclusively.

I was looking on Samsung's website and it has the reduced price ending on 6/13. I'm so tempted to try the JS9000. The return freight to Crutchfield is stopping me..It sounds like I may not have a need to return it.

Decisions decisions

Wait.. so the JS9000 is going up to $6000 after tomorrow? Am I reading that right on Samsung's site? Is that *just* from that website, or for all places that sell them? (Please say just Samsung, I don't think I can buy one by tomorrow! :( )

Wait.. so the JS9000 is going up to $6000 after tomorrow? Am I reading that right on Samsung's site? Is that *just* from that website, or for all places that sell them? (Please say just Samsung, I don't think I can buy one by tomorrow! :( )

The 48" JS9000 was around $4000 at all stores before the sale. The lowest price I could find was $3600 plus shipping. Once the sale posted on the Samsung website, the rest of the stores followed suit within a day. So it appears the stores are all offering the same sale price as the Samsung website, and I assume the sale will end everywhere when the Samsung sale ends after the 13th. Just ordered mine.

The 48" JS9000 was around $4000 at all stores before the sale. The lowest price I could find was $3600 plus shipping. Once the sale posted on the Samsung website, the rest of the stores followed suit within a day. So it appears the stores are all offering the same sale price as the Samsung website, and I assume the sale will end everywhere when the Samsung sale ends after the 13th. Just ordered mine.

Arrgghhhh. I'd planned to go out to ogle sizes tomorrow, then make a decision, but health issues have flared up. I'm.. just going to sit here and keyboard mash for a moment in frustration. skjfalsfdjk;sdflkj

(Where did you order yours from?)

Anyone go all out for the local dimming UN65JS9500 which is also on sale and can share feedback? See it in stock at Best Buy and Fry's.

I believe the benefits of local dining are lost in PC mode. Not so much between these sets for PC use.

After some of the glowing reviews of the js9000, i picked up a 48" today, after i plugged it in, i set UHD color, and changed the input to PC, and i was up and going in less than 5 mins. Looks amazing, i kept putting off 4k, and using a TV as a monitor after trying a seiki 40" that looked horrible with text, and had serve lag.

The display replaced 3 asus pb278q's. The blacks are amazing, the gloss makes everything pop, the colors are great. After digging around for some cables i ended up doing a P-L-P with 2 of the pb278q's and the 48ju9000.

My only issue now, is my 290x's are not hdmi 2.0, so im stuck with 30hz until i grab a new nvidia card. although on the js9000 its barely noticeable.

Thanks for the thread. It really helped me choose a winner!

Definitely thank you to this thread! I don't contribute much because I never want to bicker. I can't emphasize enough how appreciative I am.

Back