New Samsung 4k for everyone.

The cable seems solid, worked fine with the 6700 and it's that Amazon Mediabridge Ultra one we're all using basically.

I'm wondering though if that asinine port break-out box the 7500 uses might add to the cable's woes (10ft hdmi cable), worth a shot to swap it I guess.

Yup. That adds 6ft. 6ft + 10 ft = 16ft as the box isn't actively powered. For what it's worth, I have a no-name HDMI cable, but it's thick. It works flawlessly. Forget the ratings, buy the shortest cable with the fatest wire you can get.

> Why is everyone wanting these displays so much?! I get it... they're big. They can function as a monitor. Is that it?

Pretty much. The 4k (instead of 1080p which can be had for much less) res is mostly useful for combating aliasing artifacts in CG elements like fonts/UI. Otherwise it's a matter of bragging rights which has social value.

1080P res is mostly useful for combating aliasing artifacts. My 720P Xbox graphics is just as good as the PS4. Otherwise, it's a matter of bragging rights which has social value.

It's OK to be envious. However, jealousy is a sickness. I need to figure out the ignore feature.

1080P res is mostly useful for combating aliasing artifacts. My 720P Xbox graphics is just as good as the PS4. Otherwise, it's a matter of bragging rights which has social value.

It's OK to be envious. However, jealousy is a sickness. I need to figure out the ignore feature.

I understand some have a lot invested in their sense of security derived from owning things. To be fair if marketing folks weren't superb at tying together specifications and self-worth they'd be out of a job.

1080p! I've been stuck on a 27inch 1440P for 2 years and I only want more. Higher resolution has a dramatic effect on games... bigger screens help too.

[*]Why is everyone wanting these displays so much?! I get it... they're big. They can function as a monitor. Is that it? I walk into stores and get "wow"'d by some TVs all the time. Do TV panels possess that much better image quality for some reason, or is that out the window with post-processing off in game mode? I'm stoked about the multiple uses I'll get out of this, but I'm wondering if it's going to blow away previous monitors I've ever used!
[/LIST]

The short answer is that these are somewhat of a breakthrough in that they are some of the first 4K UHD TVs that support 4:4:4 @ 60 Hz. It's not because the picture quality is leagues ahead of high quality computer monitors or anything like that. For those of us who wanted huge PC monitors, previously the only viable choices were 1080p TVs (unless you count rare monitor examples like the Westinghouse 37W3), or 4K TVs that didn't do 4:4:4/60, resulting in a very sub-par experience when not gaming. Prior to this, if you wanted 4:4:4/60 @ 4K you were pretty much confined to a smaller 28-32" monitor. At 40", there were only a couple of other options (Philips and the new Crossover), and the Philips had some issues and you were stuck with one option...40" flat panel, take it or leave it. Now, thanks to Samsung, there are multiple options at 40", 48", and above. All which deliver a monitor-like experience as far as quality of text and what not. This is commonly where other TVs have failed, or they only did it at 1080p, or they only did it at 30 Hz.

There are other TVs that might do the same thing - I've been seeing rumblings about Panasonic and LG sets - but the 2015 Samsungs were the first (or one of the first) confirmed to do 4:4:4/60 at 4K, thus providing a monitor-like experience on the desktop. Basically a huge 4K monitor for people who didn't want to go smaller or wanted it to serve double duty as a TV.

That's pretty much what the hoopla is about.

For me personally, let's rewind a few weeks. I was ready to upgrade to 4K for the extra desktop real estate. I didn't really care about 4K gaming at the time; as I was happy at 1440p. But I love having tons of room for apps and not having to scroll as much in them. However, I had one of the 34" ultrawide monitors and going to a 32" 4K monitor seemed like a sidegrade, not to mention the one I was interested in (BenQ BL3201PH) was over $1000...which, come to find out, is MORE than the 40" Samsung 6500/6700! Ridiculous. So I was looking hard at the Philips 40" until this thread blew up, and now here I am.

I bought this display for me and me only. As far as bragging rights, I don't think I've told any of my friends that I even have a curved 48" computer display. And bragging to random folks on the internet is rather pointless. But, my girlfriend was blown away. She normally doesn't care about my PC hobby but she walked in the other night while I was playing and basically had a "Holy shit!" moment. She was so impressed that she called someone else into the room, looked at me, and commanded "Play." LOL!

The cable seems solid, worked fine with the 6700 and it's that Amazon Mediabridge Ultra one we're all using basically.

I'm wondering though if that asinine port break-out box the 7500 uses might add to the cable's woes (10ft hdmi cable), worth a shot to swap it I guess.

Don't forget, my 15' Mediabridge cable that worked fine with my 40JU6700 gave me fits of blanking with my 48JU6700. The 6' generic HDMI cable that blanked like crazy on the 40" works a lot better on the 48". Go figure.

It's certainly possible that the break-out box could be contributing to your issue as well.

Last edited:
Don't forget, my 15' Mediabridge cable that worked fine with my 40JU6700 gave me fits of blanking with my 48JU6700. The 6' generic HDMI cable that blanked like crazy on the 40" works a lot better on the 48". Go figure.

It's certainly possible that the break-out box could be contributing to your issue as well.

That's funny, I was just trying to remember who it was that had blanking issues dozens of pages ago...:D

I ordered the Mediabridge 6ft just now, will give it a shot. It's random enough that it's gone the past hour+ now without doing it so I can wait on Prime shipping to get here Sat.

Great display though, very pleased with everything else on the 7500 now that I've had a day with it. Happy these new Samsungs all hit the market when they did, going to be a fun Summer. :cool:

For me personally, let's rewind a few weeks. I was ready to upgrade to 4K for the extra desktop real estate. I didn't really care about 4K gaming at the time; as I was happy at 1440p. But I love having tons of room for apps and not having to scroll as much in them.

Same really, the first thought I had regading 4k two years ago as they began to enter the market was "PC Desktop Area", definitely not movie watching.

I had seen the first demo Sony 84" 4k set as it toured the country back in 2011 or so and of course it was nice, but I realized I needed to sit MUCH closer than usual to perceive the real 4k benefits over a properly calibrated 1080p display with Blu-Ray, so I lost interest from that regard quickly since our main room has a view distance of 14 feet. I would need at least a 90" 4k display to reap the rewards of that boost. Plus there was no physical media announced at that time, no Blu-Ray coming for YEARS, no nothing, so yeah, not interested back then.

But the PC desktop area lust is something any Dell 30" owner understands perfectly, because we got 2560x1600 on the desktop years before most people even had 1080p displays, or multiple displays for that matter...and it was heaven.

Large 4k "televisions" had that same promise, we were excited. But the first affordable models were shit. No one is using 30Hz at 4k on a work PC for long, your eyes will be sucked right out of their sockets. Not to mention the lack of a port standard, we were limited to DP only as HDMI was even more limited at that time (24Hz if I remember correctly).

So we lurked, and waited, and all the big brands rolled out two full years worth of sets until JUST recently we finally got models that checked all the boxes like HDMI 2.0 ports, 4:4:4, etc.

And on top of it, the first GPUs capable of running 4k in actual games arrived as well, nearly the same timeframe.

That's it, time to pull the trigger.

And it's as glorius on the desktop at 100% scaling as we thought it would be all that time ago when we first saw the numbers "3840x2160"...truly 4 x 24" 1080p displays in one without the bezels or mount. Awesome.

The games being pure sex at 4k is just a bonus. :D

Couple questions now that everyone seems settled in. This is mainly directed towards 6500/7100 users. Any verdict on 40 vs 48/50. I'd be coming from a 39 inch Seiki, which I'm so used to that it feels like my old 27 inch monitor now. Debating going to the 48/50 but not sure if that would be too big.. Anyone with a 48/50 inch having regrets. Is the screen shrinking yet? I would be about 2-3 feet away, so maybe I should stick with 40..

Also and this is somewhat related to the size thing as well. How low can you get the brightness on these things. On my Seiki I keep the brightness at about 50-60 and adjust the back light depending on time of day. Its on a 0-100 scale. Night time I find myself having it around 8-12. 15 and up starts searing my retinas. I wish I had a nits measurement for you guys but hopefully you guys have similar eyes for whats comfortable at night.

TIA

Couple questions now that everyone seems settled in. This is mainly directed towards 6500/7100 users. Any verdict on 40 vs 48/50. I'd be coming from a 39 inch Seiki, which I'm so used to that it feels like my old 27 inch monitor now. Debating going to the 48/50 but not sure if that would be too big.. Anyone with a 48/50 inch having regrets. Is the screen shrinking yet? I would be about 2-3 feet away, so maybe I should stick with 40..

Also and this is somewhat related to the size thing as well. How low can you get the brightness on these things. On my Seiki I keep the brightness at about 50-60 and adjust the back light depending on time of day. Its on a 0-100 scale. Night time I find myself having it around 8-12. 15 and up starts searing my retinas. I wish I had a nits measurement for you guys but hopefully you guys have similar eyes for whats comfortable at night.

TIA

Answer 1: I've had the 48" (6700 first and now 7500) for a couple weeks now and it's shrinking like crazy.

I remember when I did the cardboard cutout test on my desk when the thread first started and thought "that is way too fucking high, you have to be kidding me" about the 48" model.

But I bit the bullet because my displays always shrink and I know it, and sure enough last week I moved the 48" a half foot closer to me on the desk just because it's now so comfortable (from initial 36" view distance to now 30" view distance).

I may even go closer soon... :D

Answer 2: Low. I run it pretty high even at night because the colors are glorious, but it can get way too dark easily, so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem.

Same really, the first thought I had regading 4k two years ago as they began to enter the market was "PC Desktop Area", definitely not movie watching.

I had seen the first demo Sony 84" 4k set as it toured the country back in 2011 or so and of course it was nice, but I realized I needed to sit MUCH closer than usual to perceive the real 4k benefits over a properly calibrated 1080p display with Blu-Ray, so I lost interest from that regard quickly since our main room has a view distance of 14 feet. I would need at least a 90" 4k display to reap the rewards of that boost. Plus there was no physical media announced at that time, no Blu-Ray coming for YEARS, no nothing, so yeah, not interested back then.

But the PC desktop area lust is something any Dell 30" owner understands perfectly, because we got 2560x1600 on the desktop years before most people even had 1080p displays, or multiple displays for that matter...and it was heaven.

Large 4k "televisions" had that same promise, we were excited. But the first affordable models were shit. No one is using 30Hz at 4k on a work PC for long, your eyes will be sucked right out of their sockets. Not to mention the lack of a port standard, we were limited to DP only as HDMI was even more limited at that time (24Hz if I remember correctly).

So we lurked, and waited, and all the big brands rolled out two full years worth of sets until JUST recently we finally got models that checked all the boxes like HDMI 2.0 ports, 4:4:4, etc.

And on top of it, the first GPUs capable of running 4k in actual games arrived as well, nearly the same timeframe.

That's it, time to pull the trigger.

And it's as glorius on the desktop at 100% scaling as we thought it would be all that time ago when we first saw the numbers "3840x2160"...truly 4 x 24" 1080p displays in one without the bezels or mount. Awesome.

The games being pure sex at 4k is just a bonus. :D

Great post!! I agree 100% with all of it.

It is crazy how the timeframes lined up regarding TVs that could finally provide a proper 4K PC monitor experience and GPUs that could power them. 4K in its early state was a mess. Underpowered GPUs, MST tech in the monitors...it was a wreck for early adopters. I wanted to wait until it matured, and that seemed to happen around the time of the BenQ 32" and the Philips 40". Samsung wasn't far behind.

Ah yes, the joys of 30" 2560x1600 when everyone else was using 1080p...they didn't know what they were missing. Now the 30" monitors seem like dated tech. But that's what'll eventually happen to these too - what's now a breakthrough will seem blah a few years from now when something of equal "wow factor" replaces it. Keeps things from getting stale, that's for sure!

My 6700 was just updated to firmware 1209. The configuration of the on-screen control panel has changed. It's better now.

OK, as promised, here are some vids of the ghosting on the 6700. I tried doing still shots, but it resulted in everything being a blurry mess, which is not representative of how it looks. These videos, however, are exactly what I see when I play, so nothing was lost here. Take them for what they're worth.

Stuffed bear

Flowers

Pay attention to the penguin starting at 0:44

Sorry for the somewhat shaky-cam in the last video; I was trying to hold my iPhone with one hand and maneuver kb/mouse with the other one. But notice in the videos how Batman himself remains clear even when in motion. And in the third vid, the environment looks fine when running around. Like I said, the effect is best captured when running past a static object with contrasting colors (hence the bear/flowers/penguin).

So to you lurkers out there, look at these and decide for yourself if it's acceptable to you. If you want less ghosting, the 7xxx series is for you. If you're not bothered by what's depicted in the videos, might as well save your pennies and stick with the 6xxx series.

OK, as promised, here are some vids of the ghosting on the 6700. I tried doing still shots, but it resulted in everything being a blurry mess, which is not representative of how it looks. These videos, however, are exactly what I see when I play, so nothing was lost here. Take them for what they're worth.

Stuffed bear

Flowers

Sorry for the somewhat shaky-cam in the last video; I was trying to hold my iPhone with one hand and maneuver kb/mouse with the other one. But notice in the videos how Batman himself remains clear even when in motion. And in the third vid, the environment looks fine when running around. Like I said, the effect is best captured when running past a static object with contrasting colors (hence the bear/flowers/penguin).

So to you lurkers out there, look at these and decide for yourself if it's acceptable to you. If you want less ghosting, the 7xxx series is for you. If you're not bothered by what's depicted in the videos, might as well save your pennies and stick with the 6xxx series.

"This video is private."

"Pennies"=$450. Ok.

The ghosting problem is not that bad if you're not looking for it.

"Pennies"=$450. Ok.

It's an expression.

I agree with your second statement, but it was enough to prompt some people to upgrade. Others will be fine with it and I've stated many times that the 6xxx is probably the best value. The 7xxx series is for people wanting that extra %. That's obviously not you, so people shouldn't feel inclined to make such comments.

We already know that there are people who think the $450 is worth it and others who don't. I'm merely trying to help guide decisions here, not say that the 6xxx series is junk. People can decide for themselves.

TIA

You're going to get wildly different answers. I started with a 48", then I downgraded to 40". If all you do is game, I think a 48 or bigger is fine because you can sit back and relax or embrace the Imax-ness of it all. However, I do desktop work half of the time, and 48" or bigger is a no go for me. My neck would hurt because I can work for hours at a time without stretching. Bad ergonomics.

The samsung has an ecosensor that will lower the backlight based on the ambience lighting (optional on or off). It is a godsend for me. You can set what the lowest backlight you are willing to tolerate and it will adjust automatically based on time of day/night. Your pupils adjust based on the ambience lighting. Backlight 20 at night and you're asking for scorched retinas.

"Pennies"=$450. Ok.

It's only 380 for me. :) There are some who spends 400 extra for 144hz and Gsync. Why? Smoothness of gameplay. Same concept. But I totally understand why it wouldn't be worth it for you. I don't care for 144hz and Gsync myself. Too subtle of a difference.

Last edited:
To me, 120 Hz made a HUGE difference. It was very evident, and very pleasing. Never tried G-Sync, but if Samsung made a 48" 120 Hz version of the 7500 and it was $2000, I'd be first in line.

People say "Once you go 120/144 Hz you will never be able to go back to 60." That wasn't true in my case, but I do think that now that I've gone 4K I won't be able to go back to a lower resolution. It really pains me too use my 2 x 1080p monitors at work. Not. Enough. Space.

Just to be clear, the overall experience on the 6700 is a fine one and as you can see, the ghosting only manifests itself in certain scenarios/conditions. It's not as if its a big ol' ghosty mess (well, scrolling in an RTS/strategy might be different). I thought it would be helpful for people to see for themselves what we're all talking about here. But I don't need all of the 6xxx owners coming in here getting all defensive. I'm not saying that everyone should go 7xxx or bust. The 6xxx is great for me and if the 7xxx series didn't exist, or I wasn't willing to spend the extra money, I could be happy with it indefinitely.

To me, 120 Hz made a HUGE difference. It was very evident, and very pleasing. Never tried G-Sync, but if Samsung made a 48" 120 Hz version of the 7500 and it was $2000, I'd be first in line.

People say "Once you go 120/144 Hz you will never be able to go back to 60." That wasn't true in my case, but I do think that now that I've gone 4K I won't be able to go back to a lower resolution. It really pains me too use my 2 x 1080p monitors at work. Not. Enough. Space.

Just to be clear, the overall experience on the 6700 is a fine one and as you can see, the ghosting only manifests itself in certain scenarios/conditions. It's not as if its a big ol' ghosty mess (well, scrolling in an RTS/strategy might be different). I thought it would be helpful for people to see for themselves what we're all talking about here. But I don't need all of the 6xxx owners coming in here getting all defensive. I'm not saying that everyone should go 7xxx or bust. The 6xxx is great for me and if the 7xxx series didn't exist, or I wasn't willing to spend the extra money, I could be happy with it indefinitely.

Agreed 100%.

I just updated to 1209.

Did Samsung muck with Game mode UHD again? It looks like the last line is also readable now:

image.jpg

The guy with the Leo Bodnar device swore off on updating his firmware again. So not sure who else can test PC and Game Mode after this update. Any volunteers? I hope Samsung fixed PC mode.

People who say you're going to "scorch your retinas" at night are a bit wrong. AFAIK, there is no way to actually damage your eyes from a bright screen. It may cause fatigue, but not actually hurt them... just throwing that out there. Also, if the TV is taking up most of your field of view, which it probably is being 40" or 48" 2-3 feet away, then your eyes will adjust and be mostly okay, if not just fine. Now, I do notice that after a long day, my eyes get fatigued when looking at any kind of screen up close (phone, computer, etc). It helps to turn down the brightness, but it's still there. This is mostly because of my contacts though.

I thought I'd never back down from 120 Hz either, then 4K hit. 60 Hz really isn't all that bad in the right scenarios, but it can be made 10x worse with variable frametimes, dropping below 60 FPS with V-Sync, etc. G-Sync is a godsend for 60 Hz, but above that I didn't NEED it. I don't NEED it necessarily with 60 Hz either because I have a lot of GPU power, but it would come in handy until games are perfectly optimized (looking at you DX 12). GTA 5 drops in certain situations for me (rain storms, probably due to post FX, and grassy areas with very high/ultra grass). This is likely CPU bound as my GPUs hit 70% usage in these situations, and the FPS can tank as low as the upper 30's. But even with my Acer 4K G-Sync, I can actually see flicker when it gets that bad.

In your videos, they look blurry as hell to me. I'm betting it's a bad combo of the camera frames/monitor refreshes, compression, and it being an iPhone in low light. But if the 7000 series is better as everyone has said, it is worth the money in my opinion.

I get my TV tomorrow so I'm trying to get some firmware files that appear to be "good." I'll have to figure out which one caused the increase in lag as stated before, so I can try PC mode on an update before that (if I can find one). Right now I only have 1207.2 from Sammy's site, don't see 1209 yet.

I just updated to 1209.

Did Samsung muck with Game mode UHD again? It looks like the last line is also readable now:

image.jpg

The guy with the Leo Bodnar device swore off on updating his firmware again. So not sure who else can test PC and Game Mode after this update. Any volunteers? I hope Samsung fixed PC mode.

Lol... yea I am not updating it unless there is proof 4:4:4 is on in game mode. From your pic it looks the same as 1207 ( 4:2:2 ). what do the first two lines look like??

There is always the chance that input lag could increase with an update and we cant revert back to an older firmware...

Lol... yea I am not updating it unless there is proof 4:4:4 is on in game mode. From your pic it looks the same as 1207 ( 4:2:2 ). what do the first two lines look like??

There is always the chance that input lag could increase with an update and we cant revert back to an older firmware...

1207, the last line was not readable. Look at the last line "the quick brown fox"

image.jpg

1207, the red line was readable, but the blue line wasn't. 1209 both lines are readable. Still not perfectly sharp, but readable.

People who say you're going to "scorch your retinas" at night are a bit wrong. AFAIK, there is no way to actually damage your eyes from a bright screen. It may cause fatigue, but not actually hurt them... just throwing that out there.

That was a figure of speech. I didn't mean it to be taken literally. ;)

Stuffed bear

Flowers

Thank you for the videos, that was exactly what caused me to return my 6700. I've got my cart all loaded up and ready to buy the 7500, depending on your review.

Just went to 1209 from 1207. Game mode is still definitely 4:2:2. Readable for sure, but fails the 4:4:4 test.

1207, the last line was not readable. Look at the last line "the quick brown fox"

image.jpg

1207, the red line was readable, but the blue line wasn't. 1209 both lines are readable. Still not perfectly sharp, but readable.

Hmm, it looks more readable on the blue line but do you now notice there is a dark shadows around text (1209)?So not sure how I feel about that.

Hmm, after looking at both pics more closely, it looks like the red and blue lines are more clear. I MAY update and retry the lag for pc and game mode with the Leo Bodnar.... I wont be happy if the lag increases lol...

Anyone been sending Samsung emails asking them to fix game mode so it works in 4:4:4?

Anyone been sending Samsung emails asking them to fix game mode so it works in 4:4:4?

If there was a way to do that I would lol.

Looks like 1209 improved it even more, especially vetically, look at the N's ..

Just went to 1209 from 1207. Game mode is still definitely 4:2:2. Readable for sure, but fails the 4:4:4 test.

Do you think its an improvement though?? From the pics it looks better, especially vertically. Maybe 1207 wasnt true 4:2:2 and 1209 gave us true 4:2:2.

Definitely see the vertical improvement. Did you move the image around, make sure it was sized the same and all, same as the previous test image you had from 1207?

In a week and a half or so, once I'm at home with my tripod, I'll compare game and PC modes in several games with still images on static scenes in various game locations, setting, etc. I don't want to do it unless I can be 100% certain there is no movement of the camera. I want to compare sharpness, but will try to compare color as well. Just depends how well my Note 4 handles the color with the settings I have available.

Definitely see the vertical improvement. Did you move the image around, make sure it was sized the same and all, same as the previous test image you had from 1207?

In a week and a half or so, once I'm at home with my tripod, I'll compare game and PC modes in several games with still images on static scenes in various game locations, setting, etc. I don't want to do it unless I can be 100% certain there is no movement of the camera. I want to compare sharpness, but will try to compare color as well. Just depends how well my Note 4 handles the color with the settings I have available.

Sounds good!

I am pretty sure pc games can do 4:4:4 so there will probably be a difference between pc and game mode

I have 3 old Titans so I can't tell the difference anyways. 390x/980Ti can't come out soon enough for me.

Updated to 1209...

So the vertical lines look better in the bron fox test for both red and blue, it does appear that if you look at the first line and the second, they kinda flip flopped in quality, as in the second line looked better in 1207 and now it looks worse then line 1. Maybe they just changed the orentation of the color being fed. Either way its not a major update quality wise, really hoping 4:4:4 comes to game mode.

Did input lag tests for everyone.

1209 input lag numbers:

Game mode 20.8ms
pc mode 44.6ms
dvi/pc 37.6ms

If you want to use pc mode, label it dvi/pc for the device type, that is the lowest lag for 4:4:4.

Ended up getting a UA50JU6400 for $1800AUD (Through a friend) after checking it out another local store.

Waiting for it to be stocked in at my friends workplace for a few days is worth the saving of $400 compared to other stores sticking to the RRP price.

1209 input lag numbers:

Game mode 20.8ms
pc mode 44.6ms
dvi/pc 37.6ms

If you want to use pc mode, label it dvi/pc for the device type, that is the lowest lag for 4:4:4.

Nice coolhand, that's actually handy for those who don't want to give up 4:4:4 in games for whatever reason. Good to know.

Updated to 1209...

So the vertical lines look better in the bron fox test for both red and blue, it does appear that if you look at the first line and the second, they kinda flip flopped in quality, as in the second line looked better in 1207 and now it looks worse then line 1. Maybe they just changed the orentation of the color being fed. Either way its not a major update quality wise, really hoping 4:4:4 comes to game mode.

1209 input lag numbers:

Game mode 20.8ms
pc mode 44.6ms
dvi/pc 37.6ms

So lag in PC mode went up again?

I had to read several pages back and you said that it was 42.6ms in PC mode with firmware 1207, which was up 6ms from where it was with firmware 1206.

Not that it matters much, given how good Game mode looks, but...I hate to see any increases in any mode, know what I mean?

Is there any difference between device type = "Game" and device type = "DVI PC"? I've been using the former (device type = "Game" and then turn Game mode on in the menu).

Thanks coolhand! I've still been using PC mode 100% of the time, so I'll try this out.

The Unity launcher is now available in the Smart Hub if you want to fool around with it.

So lag in PC mode went up again?

I had to read several pages back and you said that it was 42.6ms in PC mode with firmware 1207, which was up 6ms from where it was with firmware 1206.

Not that it matters much, given how good Game mode looks, but...I hate to see any increases in any mode, know what I mean?

Is there any difference between device type = "Game" and device type = "DVI PC"? I've been using the former (device type = "Game" and then turn Game mode on in the menu).

Yes, pc mode went up again, this is why I am cautious about upgrading firmwares.

Device type should be changed if you want 4:4:4, in order to get 4:4:4 you need to change the device type to pc or dvi/pc. Dvi/pc will get you lower lag as I stated above. I havent changed the device type to game as I figured it wouldnt change anything but for haha I will check later.

Back