New Samsung 4k for everyone.

Ships in 10-14 days...My impatience seems to have taken over and I'm about to pull the trigger on 3 JU6700s...may god have mercy on my soul.

This is what I was told, FWIW.

Xx00JGu

http://imgur.com/Xx00JGu

Ships in 10-14 days...My impatience seems to have taken over and I'm about to pull the trigger on 3 JU6700s...may god have mercy on my soul.

3? Wanna get totally surrounded by 3x40"@4K?? How are you going to drive this??? Cards have only one HDMI 2.0 output, you need 3xSLI GTX 9xx?
Hopefully this won't turn into hell of problems for you, I would go with one first to test it.

3? Wanna get totally surrounded by 3x40"@4K?? How are you going to drive this??? Cards have only one HDMI 2.0 output, you need 3xSLI GTX 9xx?
Hopefully this won't turn into hell of problems for you, I would go with one first to test it.

Yeah, I'm getting 1 and will test with the single 980 I have. After that, I've got a few options. Now I'm thinking that a PLP setup with a couple 1440p monitors might be better (especially on the wallet). I really don't care for multi-monitor gaming, but would at least want 2xSLI 980s to get decent gaming performance on a single 4k display.

Yeah, I'm getting 1 and will test with the single 980 I have. After that, I've got a few options. Now I'm thinking that a PLP setup with a couple 1440p monitors might be better (especially on the wallet). I really don't care for multi-monitor gaming, but would at least want 2xSLI 980s to get decent gaming performance on a single 4k display.

Unless you already have two 980's I'd say you should wait for the 390x in the coming months, probably a better option for 4k gaming if spec rumors are true.

Ok this makes more since, I thought you were going to just bite the bullet and go with what your heart wants and not your wallet.

HELL YES.

I'm going to go ahead and order the 48" UN48JU6700FXZA within the next 10 days.

48" 4K curved? God that's a beautiful set!!!!!!!!!!! WOW ...

I have a 42" now and it's absolutely perfect. 6" more is not going to hurt me. Very very excited about the curved surface.

While I don't have a card that will push the set, I soon will with either a pair of 960's or I will wait for the 390x. Hell I might even get the new Titan.

Maybe I'll spring for the 48" model. I have the Philips BDM4065UC on pre-order @ Amazon. Not sure if I want to deal with 4:2:0 output with my Titans on the Samsung for an undetermined amount of time until the 390x arrives though.

Ok this makes more since, I thought you were going to just bite the bullet and go with what your heart wants and not your wallet.

I was tempted, but thought better of it. I at least need to test out one of these first.

If anyone does pick up a JU6700 set, would you mind confirming 4:4:4 and doing some input lag tests? If it passes 4:4:4 and does ok on input lag I am definitely in for a curved 48 inch.

I contacted a Samsung rep via live chat last night and they said they will be in stores for us to check out before the end of the month. I already canceled my order for the 6700 as I don't have a way to drive it but who knows, maybe I'll have to sell my rMBP and switch back to a desktop as my primary machine.

I've seen rumors that a few retailers already have supply and that launch will be next week. I'm anxiously awaiting.

Stocks and reviews are ready, only embargo for release remains. It will probably be lifted at the start of the NVIDIA GPU Technology Conference on Tuesday, March 17 at 9:00 AM, PST or bit later.

The UN40JU6700FXZA is available on the Samsung website if anyone wants to give it a shot. I'm going to wait and see what pans out.

Does the JU6700 support 4:4:4?

From the manual:
The HDMI connection with HDMI UHD Color set to Off supports up to UHD 50P/60P 4:2:0 input signals, while the HDMI connection with HDMI UHD Color set to On supports up to UHD 50P/60P 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 input signals.

Just need to make sure the UHD is set to on.

Decided to go with a 48" JU6500 (non curved) instead of the 40" seiki 4k monitor at the same price as the Seiki. After 3 bad seiki 4k tvs I didn't want to try another. Looking forward to trying out a monster like this on the desktop.

It said the same thing on the 6900 series. Then it turned out it couldn't do 4:4:4 after all... Just make sure you can return them in case these are the same.

No, you need a 9xx series card to do 4:4:4 @ 60hz for 4k displays. Even at 4:2:2, that card would struggle to play 3+ year old games at 4k.

Fortunately the new Titan X reduces the struggle especially if it is overclocked which is able to do very nicely. But for buttersmooth 4K gaming of any game at any settings a dual SLI Titan X overclocked is needed. All this good has its price :(.

It said the same thing on the 6900 series. Then it turned out it couldn't do 4:4:4 after all... Just make sure you can return them in case these are the same.

That stinks. It says All four HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video; however only the HDMI 1 inputs will support 60 fps in 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 mode. I hope they are telling the truth with this. Will be able to test out later this week.

That stinks. It says All four HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video; however only the HDMI 1 inputs will support 60 fps in 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 mode. I hope they are telling the truth with this. Will be able to test out later this week.

Hopefully has impeccable 60Hz@4:4:4 and low input lag. Whole world is waiting for the result of your test :D.

From the manual:
The HDMI connection with HDMI UHD Color set to Off supports up to UHD 50P/60P 4:2:0 input signals, while the HDMI connection with HDMI UHD Color set to On supports up to UHD 50P/60P 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 input signals.

Just need to make sure the UHD is set to on.

Decided to go with a 48" JU6500 (non curved) instead of the 40" seiki 4k monitor at the same price as the Seiki. After 3 bad seiki 4k tvs I didn't want to try another. Looking forward to trying out a monster like this on the desktop.

Has anyone got one of these TVs and the BDM4065UC as a monitor, which one is better for gaming? What is the quality of the 4:4:4 TVs as a monitor compared to the BDM4064UC?

I will probably never get a Samsung 4K TV again, I bought one, returned after 2 hours, HDMI UHD Color did not give 4:4:4, only a few models could do 4:4:4 and that after a firmware update. It all depends on the chip used but you can't know what chip it is unless you buy it.

I would not get a BDM4065UC either, there is problem with artifacts/color distortion that shows above Windows as some people have mentioned in the BDM4065UC thread.

I will probably never get a Samsung 4K TV again, I bought one, returned after 2 hours, HDMI UHD Color did not give 4:4:4, only a few models could do 4:4:4 and that after a firmware update. It all depends on the chip used but you can't know what chip it is unless you buy it.

That's the point of this thread: To confirm which models support 4:4:4 before you buy one.

So I am confused, which models have 4K 60Hz 4:4:4?

For now I believe only the JU7500(curved) and it's flat version the JU7100 support 4:4:4. Still waiting for confirmation on the JU6700 and JU6500 as that tier is about $500 less. No solid input lag numbers on any model yet.

We, the public, are not in such a depressive mode yet hoping that Samsung did the homework and this year models get decent 4:4:4 & input lag right of the bat :D

I would not get a BDM4065UC either, there is problem with artifacts/color distortion that shows above Windows as some people have mentioned in the BDM4065UC thread.

True, now there is waiting for the duel of Philips vs. Samsung. Hopefully more models will be showing up.

For now I believe only the JU7500(curved) and it's flat version the JU7100 support 4:4:4. Still waiting for confirmation on the JU6700 and JU6500 as that tier is about $500 less. No solid input lag numbers on any model yet.

These JU6xxx TVs will be shipped any day now. Crowds are waiting for those brave souls which will be first in the race of testing them and reporting back to the world ;).

As soon as the 48" JU6700 curved is confirmed to have 4:4:4 I'm buying one.

My $1,149 is burning a hole in my wallet as we speak

So I just canceled my order for Philips BDM4065UC after waiting some 45 days... Now putting all the eggs in one basked, which is called Samsung... So sammy better deliver 4:4:4 and reasonable input lag, otherwise I'll be pissed. (n)
Cannot order JU6700 in Europe yet, so I'm hopping for the good news from guinea pigs among you. :)

Wrong tread wirk IMHO.

We go hard or go home in this tread. But I'm sure a lot of the small monitor bro's will better be able to comment on those small ass monitors. People are already laughing at some of those models.

Back