New Samsung 4k for everyone.

It's odd how Nitemare is the only one (I think) who noticed the input lag increasing after a while.

I've had my fair share of gaming sessions lasting several hours on all 3 of the Samsungs that I purchased, and I haven't noticed input lag increasing on any of them. So either mine aren't doing it, or it's not enough to be noticeable, or I don't have a setting enabled that would be causing it. I'm at a loss, but if it were a widespread issue I would think that more people would be noticing it.

Interested in his comparison of Game/TV mode chroma to PC mode chroma in games on the stock firmware, though. I remember trying to use Game mode before they made it look so much better with firmware 1207, and to me it was not very visually pleasing...PC mode looked significantly better.

I don't think the lag increase with time of use. It increases with how often you switch input to a different source or activate a smart function. It's basically all the junk code being accumulated in the OS if you have instant on set to "On".

Don't laugh or just wait till you get older. I get neck strain if my monitor is not position right. Every time I get a new monitor, it takes a few day to get the height and angle right, especially if there is a size change. It happens when I went from the 27" to the 32" at the office and it's happening now at home moving from a 27" to a 40". I'm changing the height of Samsung and my chair every day and it's not there yet. My neck gets tired after an evening in front of the 40"

This symptom is precisely what I am warning against. Boys here laughing this out should think a bit about their boyhood ending.

Regarding the moving from the 27"->32", precisely speaking it is not the size of the monitor which is decisive but the height of the upper edge of the screen vs. the eye height. If you have the 32" on a stand it may be too high. I have my 32" lowered such that it touches the desk and this is comfortable but the height feels at maximum.

Well guys... I went out yesterday and bought the 40ju7100 to compare with my 48ju7500. Here are my comparisons:

Input lag: 40ju7100 firmware 1006. Sorry nitemare3219, I am super sensitive to input lag and there is no difference between 1210 firmware and 1006. I know you keep saying there is but in game mode in both firmwares in 4k it feels exactly the same. I spent all day yesterday going back and forth between displays and there is no difference. All tests were done in 4k with uhd on

Also I did not notice in the 13hrs of gaming and testing yesterday the input lag increasing over time. I also was not changing inputs. I actually since owning the 48 have not ever seen the lag increasing over time...

If lag is an issue for you please use game mode with uhd on, there is a difference still between pc and game mode!!

We shouldnt be encouraging people to not upgrade their firmware.. at least I wont as I see and feel no difference and this was the main reason why I got the other display to compare.

The 40 inch has vertical banding and my 48 does not... this is huge for me.

Size ... the 40 looks alittle sharper but the 48 curved seems so special guys... its really like a mini imax and so immersive for gaming. Anyone on the fence on size I would say go 48 having them both side by side. The 40 just isnt special looking in comparison.

The moral of this story is just because someone online is saying this or that about input lag you need to test it yourself.. numbers are great but you need to feel it yourself.

Needless to say... the 40 inch is going back today. Both the 48 and 40 I have are ts01 panels which are made inhouse by Samsung... the 48 has no banding and no flashlighting on blacks.. the 40 inch has both so to me there was a huge quality difference.

Hope this helps people out :)

Last edited:
Well guys... I went out yesterday and bought the 40ju7100 to compare with my 48ju7500. Here are my comparisons:

Input lag: 40ju7100 firmware 1006. Sorry nitemare3219, I am super sensitive to input lag and there is no difference between 1210 firmware and 1006. I know you keep saying there is but in game mode in both firmwares in 4k it feels exactly the same. I spent all day yesterday going back and forth between displays and there is no difference. All tests were done in 4k with uhd on

Also I did not notice in the 13hrs of gaming and testing yesterday the input lag increasing over time. I also was not changing inputs. I actually since owning the 48 have not ever seen the lag increasing over time...

If lag is an issue for you please use game mode with uhd on, there is a difference still between pc and game mode!!

We shouldnt be encouraging people to not upgrade their firmware.. at least I wont as I see and feel no difference and this was the main reason why I got the other display to compare.

Size ... the 40 looks alittle sharper but the 48 curved seems so special guys... its really like a mini imax and so immersive for gaming. Anyone on the fence on size I would say go 48 having them both side by side. The 40 just isnt special looking in comparison.

The moral of this story is just because someone online is saying this or that about input lag you need to test it yourself.. numbers are great but you need to feel it yourself.

Needless to say... the 40 inch is going back today. Both the 48 and 40 I have are ts01 panels which are made inhouse by Samsung... the 48 has no banding and no flashlighting on blacks.. the 40 inch has both so to me there was a huge quality difference.

Thanks for confirming what all of us already suspect.

As for the issues you noticed, was the 40 updated to 1210? My 7100 doesn't have the issues you mentioned.

Anyone with the 6700 use it for day to day web browsing / coding / work stuff? Trying to decide between the 48" 6500 or 6700, and it will mostly be used for work related things (no gaming) and i'm thinking the curved aspect of it might not work as well for that.

Thanks for confirming what all of us already suspect.

As for the issues you noticed, was the 40 updated to 1210? My 7100 doesn't have the issues you mentioned.

No, the 40 is still on firmware 1006. The issues with vetical banding and clouding can happen on any tv, always quality differences between panels. Just mentioned what I saw and firmware does nothing for banding and clouding. Even if the 40 didnt have those issues which getting another may not have them still doesnt change the size and curve difference with the 48 that makes a nice difference.

Kinda feel like a chump though, reading what Nitemare said I went out and bought the 40 and spent 1200 bucks... thank God I didnt return the 48. So he is alone because trying both firmwares in great detail there is no difference.

Anyone with the 6700 use it for day to day web browsing / coding / work stuff? Trying to decide between the 48" 6500 or 6700, and it will mostly be used for work related things (no gaming) and i'm thinking the curved aspect of it might not work as well for that.

Depends on what kind of work. If you do photo and graphics. then you want a flat screen. Otherwise, I don't see a difference between using the flat at work and curved at home.

All of which, every single line, were identical conclusions I came to over a month ago...and said so if you look back. Totally agree coolhand.

Placed a few select people who were spreading absolute nonsense on ignore (Nite being one of them...nice guy but totally misguided), and never looked back.

Best display I've ever owned, incredible experience the entire time. Love it. :D

Is the display lag in PC mode for the JU6500 still around 48ms with the latest firmware?

For 4k noone has specific numbers, use game mode if lag is of concern for you. Otherwise dont bother looking for it if you cant feel it.

Think of it like this, pc's have much better frame timings and much less processing lag over consoles so consolea at 1080p on this tv will be similar to a gaming pc at 4k feel wise.

My 40JU7500 doesn't have either of those issues FWIW.

Its just panel to panel differences, I could have got a 40 inch that didnt have those two issues, just happened that this one had them. Its not exclusive to that size.

Kinda feel like a chump though, reading what Nitemare said I went out and bought the 40 and spent 1200 bucks... thank God I didnt return the 48. So he is alone because trying both firmwares in great detail there is no difference.

You're not a chump, bro. I'm sure a lot of lurkers were wondering about it and I was definitely puzzled as well since I hadn't noticed any of that on mine. So by making the effort to test, you probably helped a few people out who were concerned about lag buildup.

Where did you find your panel information, btw?

I think it's rather silly to place people on an ignore list just because you don't agree with what they're saying. If they're spreading misinformation then if you can see their post with that information, you can help everyone out by correcting it. My IL has 0 members on it and I don't see that changing unless someone is going out of their way to harass me. I've gained a ton of great info from this thread, but evidently I offended by saying that I didn't notice the significant decrease in ghosting that some of you other guys did. Now that I've used the 7500 for a couple of weeks, I'm very very happy with it. Way happier than with the 6700? That might be a stretch, but I'm probably going to send the 6700 back to Crutchfield this week. I've no desire to test or compare any more. I'm in display utopia. :)

Thanks again, coolhand! Will certainly be interesting to hear what Nitemare has to say in response to your findings. Hopefully he won't just be all "Proof's right there and told y'all so, best evar lolz!" :p

You're not a chump, bro. I'm sure a lot of lurkers were wondering about it and I was definitely puzzled as well since I hadn't noticed any of that on mine. So by making the effort to test, you probably helped a few people out who were concerned about lag buildup.

Where did you find your panel information, btw?

I think it's rather silly to place people on an ignore list just because you don't agree with what they're saying. If they're spreading misinformation then if you can see their post with that information, you can help everyone out by correcting it. My IL has 0 members on it and I don't see that changing unless someone is going out of their way to harass me. I've gained a ton of great info from this thread, but evidently I offended by saying that I didn't notice the significant decrease in ghosting that some of you other guys did. Now that I've used the 7500 for a couple of weeks, I'm very very happy with it. Way happier than with the 6700? That might be a stretch, but I'm probably going to send the 6700 back to Crutchfield this week. I've no desire to test or compare any more. I'm in display utopia. :)

Thanks again, coolhand! Will certainly be interesting to hear what Nitemare has to say in response to your findings. Hopefully he won't just be all "Proof's right there and told y'all so, best evar lolz!" :p

Glad I could help some :) Took one for the team I suppose :)

You can find out what panel you have by the sticker on the back of the tv, under the model number will be a 4 digit code, ts01 is samsung made in Tawian panel (all of their tvs are assembled in Mexico ). Avsforum has a great panel guide also google can help if you get a code different then mine (unlikely as they usually change when the tv had been out awhile and they go with a cheapee supplier like sharp or aou optics).

Overall I love love the 48 ju7500... I cant recommend it enough :)

For 4k noone has specific numbers, use game mode if lag is of concern for you. Otherwise dont bother looking for it if you cant feel it.

Think of it like this, pc's have much better frame timings and much less processing lag over consoles so consolea at 1080p on this tv will be similar to a gaming pc at 4k feel wise.

I'd be coming from a QNiX, so I'm not too worried. Just was curious if it'd gotten any worse.

Anyone else notice the vertical banding coolhand is refering to? Im grabbing a 40 inch 7100 in a week or so. Flashlighting I can deal with, not a fan, but I can deal. Banding though..

I noticed lighter and darker bands, assuming that is what he means on my 40 7500.

It is going back for a stuck pixel as well, also the Predator has won for faming monitor on my desk, for immersion I will pick up the VIVE which valve/htc have said will be for sale this winter.

Might see how next years SAMMIES look, getting time for a new TV, or perhaps next year will have some higher refresh, variable sync, lower lag stuff.

Guys the TV is great but going back to back with the fastest monitor sold today it feels slow in bf4 for me.

But man the Sammy is pretty! And would be a great monitor compared to other 4k options for sure!

Anyone else notice the vertical banding coolhand is refering to? Im grabbing a 40 inch 7100 in a week or so. Flashlighting I can deal with, not a fan, but I can deal. Banding though..

I don't have any vertical bandings after a month of use. My panel also has superb uniformity. Basically, it's so perfect, I wouldn't want to trade up even if I wanted a bigger one.

So I called up Samsung and told them my YouTube app didn't work and they connected via service mode and reset the TV. I could have done that.:rolleyes:

At least it works now. Only thing is I have to recalibrate it which is a pain in the ass.

FWIW, I've not seen anything like that on my 40" 7500. The picture is nothing less than outstanding.

My problem has been trying to find a way to get the thing on my desk so I can use it properly. Still kicking around a few ideas. Latest thought is to try to mount it on an arm and let the bottom of the TV rest flush on the desk top. Just waiting on a VESA 200 adapter from Monoprice.

Last edited:
For anyone interested newegg has the 40ju7500 listed for 1200 on their website and ebay. This is obviously a price mistake as authorized dealers aren't allowed to sell below $1400 right now thanks to UMRP.

For anyone interested newegg has the 40ju7500 listed for 1200 on their website and ebay. This is obviously a price mistake as authorized dealers aren't allowed to sell below $1400 right now thanks to UMRP.

That's an awesome deal except I doubt Newegg will accept returns for any reason. Will they accept returns for dead pixels?

So I was testing this monitor out at home and have to admit it REALLY sucks when I try sending videos from my Note 3 to it. Every 5 minutes it will say loading and this is when I am either connected via Wi-Fi Direct or via my 5ghz band.

Has anyone else witnessed this? I just cat-5'd the JS9000 55" One Box and still get the same error. They just sent me a replacement 55" and was wondering if anyone could walk me through how to see which one of these 2 monitors is better.. ( yes you read that rigght I have 2 JS9000 at home now) I have not connected my PC but I am running:
ASUS RIVE V Rampage Extreme
32GB
SLI Titan X

Sound System I purchase the Bose 1 SR and the Samsung H7501 Soundbar. I am going to return teh samsung sound bar and use the Bose I think. It is connected to a Creative X7 LE amp.

Thoughts?

I'd probably go through eBay; that way you get an extra level of protection. If Newegg refused the return, you could file a claim. That's a great price for anyone looking at the 40JU7500.

Looking for some help in what monitors to use on the sides with my 48" 6700. I'm pretty happy with the 23/24" 1080p monitors and stack them 2 high on each side. I've tried the Dell u2414h and it is a great looking monitor with nice thin bezels, but the black levels are really bad in comparison to the Samsung, so those are going back.

I tried a glossy version of the Dell (s2415h) and it looks better, but black levels aren't as good as the Samsung, and it only has 1 HDMI input (I'm looking for 2 digital inputs).

Any suggestions for the best looking 1080p 23/24" display? It has to be able to be VESA mounted for my setup.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

I finally notice some motion blur on fast camera pan on some vids that I was watching last night. I'm going try to watch more videos and blu-ray movies in the next few days and see how serious the problem is (hoepfully it may just be a bad encode on the vid) but just in case that it's not and if it really start to bother me. I may have to get a JU7500 instead.

Anyone have both and can give me some idea how much of an improvement I'll see?

Totally depends on the person - for me the blur difference was significant between the 6700 & 7500. The difference between playable and unplayable basically. Others barely notice a difference.

I finally notice some motion blur on fast camera pan on some vids that I was watching last night. I'm going try to watch more videos and blu-ray movies in the next few days and see how serious the problem is (hoepfully it may just be a bad encode on the vid) but just in case that it's not and if it really start to bother me. I may have to get a JU7500 instead.

Anyone have both and can give me some idea how much of an improvement I'll see?

If you're only seeing it when you watch videos, it may be better to use TV mode with AMP. Interpolation is great on the 7 series. Although I'm not sure how effective interpolation is without the extra 60hz. Maybe try it and let us know.

Can you set 4:4:4 color on all 4 HDMI port on he 7500? and is there much difference between the two on how reflective the screen is?

Can you set 4:4:4 color on all 4 HDMI port on he 7500? and is there much difference between the two on how reflective the screen is?

Yes all 4 can be set to 4:4:4. Glossy is more reflective against hard light but less against ambient light. Certain games exhibit more ghosting than others. This is the reason certain individuals don't see a big difference, most likely due to the games they play. Starcraft is the only game that bothers me because of the quick panning.

Got my 40" 7500 yesterday and so far so good! It's a very beautiful screen, the glossy sheen to it makes the colors pop even more. I was using an lg 34uc97 prior to it and the added vertical real estate, for the same price, is easily worth it in my opinion.

I was doing some tests last night and do notice that it does have that typical samsung VA blur, however it's not all that bad on this panel. I'm fairly sensitive to extreme motion blur so based off the reviews, I opted for the 7500 over the 6700. I wish that the motion blur could be completely removed but in my opinion, I can live with the amount this TV has.

I have not owned a 6700 to compare but Brahmzy and a few others have experienced the difference. I do believe in the samsung panel lottery though and I'm not completely sure if those who did the testing had an actual samsung panel on the 6700. I know people really don't want to bring panel lottery into this discussion but I think it's relevant. In the past I had a chimei panel on a samsung TV and the motion blur was absolutely horrible. It left a streak of grey / purplish whenever there any sort of fast movement. I then got a model of ts-02, which is a Samsung panel, and it had a tiny bit less motion blur. Also it didn't have that really nasty grey / purplish hue that smudged around everywhere.

I'm not sure if samsung just does the lottery for their cheaper models or if it's the same for their higher tier models. My current 7500 is a ts-01, which is a samsung panel, and it seems like the motion blur is as good as it'll get right now. I'm on the stock 1006 firmware because I solely use the TV as a PC monitor on PC mode. People have said that the newer firmwares increase the lag of PC mode and decrease it in GAME mode. To simplify things, I prefer to just have my monitor in PC mode with true 4:4:4: chroma and thus upgrading my firmware isn't an option for me. Unless they have future 4:4:4: chroma support for GAME mode as that would be incredible.

Hopefully that helps someone on the fence. Also 40" is a great size for a computer monitor and I sit around 2.5 to 3 feet away from it. I have been using bigger PC monitors since the 37" westy though so I'm used to it. Just like everything else, it's all relative to what you've experienced before. Ordering it through crutchfield, you have nearly 2 months to try it out. If you don't like it, pay $10 for a return shipping label, and be glad you tried out arguably the best 40" PC monitor currently out right now.

In order to see less motion blur on games with the 7500, do you have to turn game mode or pc mode off and turn 120hz on?

No. The blur has nothing to do with processing but are panel limitations, panel to panel.

All the processing should be disabled and the blur (or lack of) is the same between game and PC mode.

Anyone have any color calibration settings for the 7500? Just curious to see what everyone is using.

No. The blur has nothing to do with processing but are panel limitations, panel to panel.

All the processing should be disabled and the blur (or lack of) is the same between game and PC mode.

Thank you, I had been wondering about that for awhile. With this knowledge, I'm giving more consideration to this model.

Back