New Samsung 3D Cinema LED

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Samsung goes the extra mile and shows us a video that showcases its new 3D Cinema LED! You guessed it, it shows us nothing, but surely after looking at its promo video that showcases, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (trailer awesomeness), it makes me want to see the movie again. In all seriousness, Samsung is touting less dizziness and more brightness on theater screens showing 3D movies, although not a lot of detail is given.

Check out the video.
The 3D Cinema LED has the same viewing angle as the Cinema LED. The 3D Cinema LED provides the opportunity to enjoy the film with less distortion no matter where the viewer is seated, just like the Cinema LED did. "When watching in the conventional 3D theater, the image becomes darker or distorted as people go to the edge of the theater, but 3D Cinema LED has significantly improved the problem."

This reminds me of the ads for DVDs that they included on VHS tapes. They also demonstrated absolutely nothing.

Glad you added the "in all seriousness" qualifier, i doubt I could watch Valarian again.
As for 3d, it can't die soon enough.

at some point we need to say 3D tvs are merely ones that aren't paper-thin

Glad you added the "in all seriousness" qualifier, i doubt I could watch Valarian again.
As for 3d, it can't die soon enough.

Wife and I need to rewatch it, just so we can catch the parts we fell asleep for when we went to snooze it in the theater.

This the Samsung LED wall , it's single lit led's. The screen they have been showing the most is the 146inch 4k one.Here is the link https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...the-worlds-first-modular-microled-146-inch-tv . This is just where they have updated it to do 3d. 3d on a 146inch single LED lit screen would look very good. I would love to have one of these in my theater to replace my 138inch screen. Have to figure out speaker placement. But to have full HDR and OLED black levels on a screen this size would be amazing.

That screen is only supporting a theater with 5 chairs wide and no row in the middle. . .Seems more like a large kick ass home display then something I'd pay 50 dollars for 2 people to have a night at the movie all expenses totaled. I know that the LED cinema screens that are in Europe and coming to the USA in 2018 aren't exactly massive by any means. This screen only appears to be about 8 feet wide, so roughly the same experience as viewing a large screen in your living room from an average distance. I know a lot of people don't like going to the movies anymore, but I still love it, and always will. However I'm not a fan of the shrinking screen LED phenomenon, despite it looking really crisp.

Well, let me be the other side here and say I LOVE 3D movies! Especially if they are CGI. I love the depth it gives and will always see a 3D CGI movie if offered. I have a Samsung with active 3D at home and 3D movie to go with it and I must say I love watching it that way. I'm sad that they are hard to find now for the home.

Lastly, Valerian is an underrated movie. Sure the acting is not so great but damn that movie has some SCI FI goodness. I'd definitely watch it again also!

I really want to be an advocate of 3d, but unfortunately film makers pretty much refuse to shoot in 3d. I think there were maybe three 3d movies this year, and they were all animated.

If there are no titles to watch, I'm not about to spend a premium for 3d equipment.

And no, the stupid post converted viewmaster trash does not count as 3d.

Back