New Ryzen CPUs and Motherboards this year?

sasquatch182

Limp Gawd
When can we expect to start seeing some of the desktop ryzen cpus and new motherboards. I need to build a new system and would rather wait a month if some of this new tech is going to become available. Thanks for any advice.

Since they haven't even made an announcement yet likely October or later.

Assuming you mean 4xxx chips.

Likely near the holidays 2020. The demand seems to be there for the Ryzen 3 series and it’s extremely competitive to Intel currently. I don’t see them changing that anytime soon.

A520 and B550 chipsets were supposed to be out around this time from what I have read, but they are delayed. I thought I read mid-year? I would not let that stop you if are in more immediate "need" for something new.

I dont see the point in the B and A 500s over the 400s if they arent bringing PCIE 4.

I don't think CPU's will be out until much later in the year...8-10 months out. New B550 boards should be incoming soon, but I'd just get a budget X570 if you're leaning that direction as you can find them on sale sub-$200 and have beefy VRM support (generally) for the high end 3000 series CPUs. For example, I got an Asus X570-Prime Pro board for $190 from Amazon not that long ago.

The 7nm APUs should be out soon. I doubt we will see any new 7nm desktop non APUs soon.

Back