New RTX 2070 but only 1 x PCIE cable with 2 x 6+2 pin adaptors

Pyrodog360

n00b
I got a new RTX 2070 today and I have the Antec EAG Earthwatts 750 Gold Pro PSU. I have a single PCIE cable branching into 2 x 6+2 adaptors branching from the same single cable.

My new RTX 2070 has a 6 and 8 pin slot and I don't want to fry the card or under power it... would the single cable branching (pigtails) into 2 x 6+2 be enough to power the card ? The card has a TDP of 175W and I just worried it won't be enough..

Er, the Earthwats EA750G PSU is a 750W semi-modular design. It's got a fixed cable (non-modular) with 2x 6+2 PCIe connectors on the end, but it also came with another (modular) 2x 6+2 PCIe connector cable. The PSU supports a total of 4x 6+2 connectors.

So, to answer your question in two ways:
1- You should be fine on one cable
2- You shouldn't have to use one cable, so don't if it makes you nervous

Er, the Earthwats EA750G PSU is a 750W semi-modular design. It's got a fixed cable (non-modular) with 2x 6+2 PCIe connectors on the end, but it also came with another (modular) 2x 6+2 PCIe connector cable. The PSU supports a total of 4x 6+2 connectors.

So, to answer your question in two ways:
1- You should be fine on one cable
2- You shouldn't have to use one cable, so don't if it makes you nervous

Awesome Thank you! It's also for cable management purposes... if it's fine to use 1 cable to power the card, I would prefer doing that... as long as it doesn't damage the card or cause crashes etc.

Awesome Thank you! It's also for cable management purposes... if it's fine to use 1 cable to power the card, I would prefer doing that... as long as it doesn't damage the card or cause crashes etc.
No worries. The EA750G is a single 12V rail. The only way it should be a 'problem' is if you somehow pull enough current to physically melt the wires, and honestly I don't know the math on how much current an 18AWG cable can pass, but I would guess that if they put two connectors on the end that nothing within the spec of dual 8-pin cables would violate it.

Back