New reports: Ryzen 2 and 400 chipsets launching March 2018

Y4YFthEh.jpg

Please allow, enable, fix, whatever the physical passthrough of hardware to VMs, I’ll buy.

Please allow, enable, fix, whatever the physical passthrough of hardware to VMs, I’ll buy.
From what I've seen on the issue, that's working for a long time now. Same with segfaults being RMAd and fixed.

2 years ago I would have never thought I'd read that someone was upgrading from a 6700K to an AMD processor. Yay for the return of competition!

That's what I did, except I had the 6700 instead of the 6700k due to Intel's volume issues and Microcenter had the 6700 available. My 1800x overall feels faster and a lot more responsive. I couldn't really tell the difference upgrading from the 1275v2 to the 1275v3 to the 6700 outside of spending money.

Excellent, waiting to retire my 2500K especially after the meltdown / spectre fiasco...

From what I've seen on the issue, that's working for a long time now. Same with segfaults being RMAd and fixed.
Different from why I’ve seen, I can take a look again, but I saw either mobo a we’re still having issues or there was a limit to amount of devices that could be passed through.

Different from why I’ve seen, I can take a look again, but I saw either mobo a we’re still having issues or there was a limit to amount of devices that could be passed through.

Why not go to the HEDT Threadripper path then?

My guess is that the infinity fabric multiplier will be unlocked from the RAM.

Maybe a slight increase in frequency.

The 400 series mainboards will be required for the unlocked IF.

Hopefully there will be an ipc gain. I only play mmo games and Ryzen still lags behind at games specially at multi players.

Damn that was fast

Guess my 1700x and 1500x were getting long in the tooth lol.

we pretty much knew it was coming when ryzen originally released.. the refresh will effect the higher end of consumers if they're able to get better stock clocks/overclocking where as current ryzen is more than enough for the average computer user. either way unless the performance difference is drastically higher i'll probably stick with my 1600 and wait til zen 2.

Why not go to the HEDT Threadripper path then?

Originally I wanted to replace my aging dual 2670 with a 1950. But early release issues on memory (I am sure that list is fixed now), pcie passthrough issues, and just being a new platform makes me hesitant jumping on board.

My Proxmox box runs my firewalls (with 4 port nics passed to them), Plex Server (streams 3/4 devices), my VM gaming machine (when main machine is down), pi hole, DC, WDS, ZFS host with several other LXC containers and a few other VMs (financial and always VPN’d).

If further research shows TR4 matured I will make the jump around March when next gen stuff is announced (assuming gen2 TR4)

Edit: Might have been searching wrong, but seeing some success stories of people passing through hardware.

Last edited:
I have passed through a 1070, a sata controller, a sound card, NIC and a USB controller to a windows 10 guest from a linux host. Works perfect. Asrock Taichi/1800x

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Quite a few people confirmed pass-through but it took a while for software to support.
There is also a thread here from an [H] member testing and confirming ECC support on thread ripper, as that was another thing the IDF tried to say was broken.

Ryzen 2nd generation is laughing in April 2018, it has been announced.

https://videocardz.com/74685/amd-zen-12nm-ryzen-and-x470-motherboards-to-launch-in-april
Laughing, indeed. According to their chart, it will have Ivy Bridge performance :troll:.

Seriously, though. I'm excited to see what this refresh brings, especially with the stagnant competition in the GPU market. A decade ago I was always excited for a new CPU launch, reading all the reviews, and I have that same feeling again.

Laughing, indeed. According to their chart, it will have Ivy Bridge performance :troll:.

Seriously, though. I'm excited to see what this refresh brings, especially with the stagnant competition in the GPU market. A decade ago I was always excited for a new CPU launch, reading all the reviews, and I have that same feeling again.

According to Red Gaming Tech AMD announced that Ryzen 2 processors will have enhanced memory compatibility, so we should see higher memory speeds at and above 3200mhz routinely now.

Back