New Red Dead Announcement Teased By Rockstar Games

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Rockstar sent out a tweet this morning that seems to allude to something related to Red Dead Redemption. With murmurs of a sequel in the works, many are assuming that an official announcement might be coming.

Rockstar Games is teasing an announcement with a red version of its iconic logo. The studio's Twitter, Facebook, and official website all now prominently feature the logo below, instead of its traditional black and yellow or white one. The Rockstar Newswire, where the studio delivers the latest announcements, also features the image. The color red was a key component of Red Dead Redemption's visual aesthetic, most noticeably used in promotional artwork for the game. This has led to speculation that the announcement will be related to its critically acclaimed Western series. It is unclear, however, whether it will be a remastered or re-released version of Red Dead Redemption, or a completely new game.

I'll take a remaster any day - as long as it's 60fps and on PC/PS4/Xbox One. Hell, might as well toss in HDR and 4K support for the newer consoles, too.

I'm going to guess it'll be a remastered RDR coming (in time for the holidays?). With RDR2 being unveiled officially at E3 after the remaster release.

Good way to juice the wheels of marketing.

I'm going to guess it'll be a remastered RDR coming (in time for the holidays?). With RDR2 being unveiled officially at E3 after the remaster release.

Good way to juice the wheels of marketing.

Unlikely. R* has never announced anything at E3.

Last edited:
no RDR on PC? Then I don't care.

Then you haven't played the game. It's one of the rarest exceptions - worth keeping a console around for just to play every so often. Easily in my top three of all time.

I hope it's not a remaster though, but Red Dead 3.

Only bad thing about RDR is having to use a gameepad to play so if it does come to PC I will even join Rockstar Social Club to play, which has so far stopped me from buying their more recent games on PC. Last PC Rockstar game I bought was San Andreas which has no social club requirement to play.

Started playing RDR on Xbone recently having never finished it on xbox 360. the tweaks they made to it for xbone makes the already stunning looking game more stunning.

Then you haven't played the game. It's one of the rarest exceptions - worth keeping a console around for just to play every so often. Easily in my top three of all time.
You're right I haven't played the game, and I'm not going to fork over $400 + cost of the game just to play one game. I wouldn't have played GTA4 or 5 if they didn't re-release them on the PC, same goes for any game regardless of how good it is.

I really hope this one is set earlier in the old west, like pre-civil war era. If they do bring back the multiple protags like GTA V had I hope at least one of them is a Native American. Heck even if they have just one main character I hope he's Native American.

You're right I haven't played the game, and I'm not going to fork over $400 + cost of the game just to play one game. I wouldn't have played GTA4 or 5 if they didn't re-release them on the PC, same goes for any game regardless of how good it is.

You can easily get a used ps4/xbone (or if you want something even cheaper, a ps3/x360) and the game for far less then 400 bucks...

It never pays to be a gamer and be stuck to on emachine, you miss out on many great games regardless of the one you choose.

I'd hate to have missed out on The Last of Us and uncharted 4 for example.

someone keeps mentioning RDR3 when 2 isn't even out...
perhaps with is the start of RDR2 promotion.
maybe they got smart and are going to re-release 1 and release 2 at the same time

Red Dead Revolver = RDR1
Red Dead Redemption = RDR2

This new game = RDR3.

Also the newest image:

Pretty much confirms RDR3.

A lot of people are saying that it's Dutch's gang, so a prequel to RDR. I for one REALLY hope that's not the case, RDR already told a complete story imo and I'd much prefer all new characters and a setting that's far earlier in the old west, before it was all settled, etc. I want to have it be early west, when people were still land-rushing out west and pioneers were first meeting Native Americans, etc.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Red Dead Redemption 2 coming out for PS4 and XBOX ONE in Fall 2017 according to gamecrate.

IYou can easily get a used ps4/xbone (or if you want something even cheaper, a ps3/x360) and the game for far less then 400 bucks...

It never pays to be a gamer and be stuck to on emachine, you miss out on many great games regardless of the one you choose.

I'd hate to have missed out on The Last of Us and uncharted 4 for example.
No one said I was a "gamer". I realize the consequences of giving up on the console side of things. Point being is that if studios don't think putting the game on the PC is profitable/worth their time/whatever, then I just quite frankly don't give a fuck about the game regardless of how good it is. Every GTA (with some exception) has made it to PC, it can be done, I'm guessing there is some profit to be had by doing it, I just don't get why this one wasn't ported if it really is that good of a game.

Well Red Dead Redemption 2 confirmed... for PS4 & XBone. No mention of a PC release once again. :stinkyfeet:

Graphics look great but really really wish the trailer would have at least gave us something more, characters, mp, story elements, anything.

I REALLY hope the game isn't about Dutch's gang and a prequel to Redemption. I feel like Marstons story is finished and to go back and show earlier things is a bit pointless , some things are better left to the players imagination and don't need all explained.

We need new characters and a setting that's much earlier imo, something back when they were actually pushing west with the land rushes and it wasn't already all settled and built up.

Back