New Receiver Integra DTR-7.9

Looks very nice. But I really dislike how they spread the speaker outputs along the entire bottom of the back of the unit.

Looks very nice. But I really dislike how they spread the speaker outputs along the entire bottom of the back of the unit.

I second that, looks great but I like to lable my speaker wire's and zip tie them to one side instead of have them spread out with all the rest.

Otherwise nice

So... Other then viral marketing whats the point of this thread? It's a nice receiver, does it perform well though?

jesus what cheap binding posts. my yamaha v663 has better ones at a quarter of the price.

(i use an external amp so nyeh :p)

For $1.3k they could have at least used the "good" binding posts.

Ha, i thought the same when I looked at their receivers. That note aside, I do really like Integra products. They lack polish in some aspects, but overall are a pretty solid product for the money. You really should have sprung for one of the units with the HQV Reon for processing. My DTC-9.8 has it and it is vastly supurior to the Farauja DCDi in the lower end - mid tier Integra and Denons.

Say what?

$1300?

Umm the specs look identical to the $599 Pioneer VSX-1018AH-k.

On that list you put. Crestron? Home automation and just starting to branch out into the power amplifier department. But that means direct competion with Crown, QSC, JBL etc.

Mark Levison. After Mark levison took off. Nowhere near the same as before.

btw quit the snobbishness here. Integra is made by Onkyo.

The same company is responsible for Dodge and Mercedes, but I'll take a s600 over a neon any day.

Not anymore. That is a terrible analogy. Ford and Mercury would be more accurate. The Integra stuff is exactly the same as the Onkyo except for cosmetic differences and custom installer features (RS232 integration and such).

Not anymore. That is a terrible analogy. Ford and Mercury would be more accurate. The Integra stuff is exactly the same as the Onkyo except for cosmetic differences and custom installer features (RS232 integration and such).

ok, so my info was dated as of last year, but it cant be terrible if you knew what I meant ;) . And I dont know the details of these receivers, my point was that a parent company doesnt mean that all products are the same. ford has jaguar, mercury, volvo, and aston martin. GM has
Cadillac, chevy, hummer, pontiac, and saturn (among others). there are large differences in some of their products and little to no difference in others. If the poster would have said "this is identical to onkyo model xxx I would have understood.

Integra has a lot more options, I use the Rs232 along with Ethernet for my control pad and programming, I have it in a rack mount. It also has more HDMI ports and higher wattage output then the regular non-pro line. Think before you speak.

On screen setup is also a nice added option to the Integra. “Umm the specs look identical to the $599 Pioneer VSX-1018AH-k.” ?????? NOT EVEN CLOSE!

let see how much difference there are.

130watts @ 8 Ohms x 7 (Check, BOTH pio and Integra)
Integra , THX Ultra 2, Pioneer, ThX Select.
HDMI I/O. Check (3 for Pio, 5 For Integra)
HDMI upscaling of all video to HDMI output (Check, 720p, 1080i, 1080p)
Latest Codec Support (Check both, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD-MA)
Room Calibration Option (Check both, Audessy on Integra, Propriatary Speaker Cal on Pioneer).
On-Screen display (Check for both)
RS232 (Integra only)

So there you go.

RS232 and 2 more HDMI inputs. Yep I can see that they are NO WHERE NEAR THE SAME...... Look at the INSURMOUNTABLE POWER DIFFERENCE. One is archaic compared to the other (I am being facetious). :eek:

Again, quit the audiophile "snobbery" as it serves no purpose. You bought it because you like it or whatever. That is all dandy. But better? based on numbers. NOPE. Now subjectively BETTER to you. That is a different story.

And as you said, THINK (in your case, RESEARCH) before you speak. All specs are available online and Audio video Science forum has them too (which I belong to).

noob question but why does a audio receiver need video input? shouldnt that go directly to your tv?

noob question but why does a audio receiver need video input? shouldnt that go directly to your tv?

It could

but what if you have

A PS3
Xbox360
and A Wii
Cable/Satellite

Would you not want to have a "video" switcher to switch between them all? :) It would be easier than hooking and unhooking cables and you do it the first time and that is it ;)

Not only that, but it's one less remote, unless you own a Harmony, like me.

And less cabling. If you're hanging a tv on the wall for example it's much easier to just string one HDMI cable to a receiver than hook all video sources direct to TV. Also, some do video processing. My Integra 9.8 has the HQV Reon chip in it and upscales everything to 1080P.

Much quicker way to answer your question. Its an Audio/Video Receiver, not just an audio receiver.

You have to be totaly kidding me Yamaha is a total joke just like sony.

Hmmm, I've liked my yamaha much more than every sony i've ever listened to. I guess my subjective opinion is incorrect. I suppose i'll go hide under my desk and cry now.

Actually, I'm happy i own a yamaha because then i don't have to be an "audiophile." Those guys are snobs. :p

I suppose my nuvo whole house audio system is crap too since i didn't spend 30K on it.

Back