New Radeon Driver for Windows 10 April Update

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by FrgMstr, Apr 30, 2018.

1. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

If you are running an AMD video card and thinking of updating your Windows 10 OS with the now available April update, the timing could not be better. AMD just kicked out WHQL drivers for your downloading pleasure. You neckbeard Linux lovers got attention from AMD last week, so don't complain and get Cheeto dust all over the discussion thread. Thanks cageymaru.

2. Libast

Libast [H]ard|Gawd

Mmm Cheetos dust.

3. viper1152012

viper1152012 [H]ard|Gawd

Once at a lan party I fed half a bag of Cheetos into the back of a desk fan before anyone down wind noticed their orange tinted hands

:)

pendragon1 and FrgMstr like this.
  4. ManofGod

ManofGod [H]ardForum Junkie

Anyone know what the actual build number is please, not just the April update version number? Thanks

5. heatlesssun

heatlesssun [H]ard as it Gets

It's 17134.12 believe. That was a CU that came out Friday that took the build to 17134.5 but I don't think that's in the standard image. They just released the images to MSDN and Windows 10 download site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

pendragon1 and ManofGod like this.
  6. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

^ I think that's right. my insider build is the .5.

edit: just installed the update on another system I have here and it shows 17134.1.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  7. pfc_m_drake

pfc_m_drake [H]ard|Gawd

Still no update love for those of us running 2200G/2400G APUs :(

8. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

Yep no new R2500u vega 8 drivers again and don't tell me to use the HP drivers, the latest are on Acers site for the swift dated feb 2018, and are still 17.7. I don't care for Nvidia's policies but at least they support their mobile products. And no HP, Acer, Lenovo and Dell do not make drivers they get them from AMD....and as far as I can tell they are unmodified... And the latest thing that Amd seems to care about are just more for the miners.....

9. pendragon1

if that were the case they would work.

10. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

And they all work the Acer just happens to be the most current..... I'm not getting into this again,I brought it to HP's attention and I submitted feedback to AMD all to no avail. In today's world once a company has your cash they don't care. It's just the way it is, to twist an old TV commercial the quality goes out before the name goes on........

11. pendragon1

because acer modifies there release to work with the mobile chips.