New R600 3DMark06 Benchie

Neist

Limp Gawd
http://www.fx57.net/?p=550 <---- Be warned! Its in Turkish, though the numbers are still easily readable.

To quote w0mbat over at xtremesystems:
R600@default ist ~10% faster than oc 8800GTX 630/2060 -> 15-20% faster than 8800GTX@default, if true.

Has it up around 12500 with a C2E X6800, which the GTX at 11391 for comparison.

Is it only me that is getting tierd of all the rumors ??:rolleyes: It could be 100% faster, i will wait for the refresh of the R600, it reminds me of the X1800..........

Rumors they could be, but its quite possible that one of them is right, especially this close in the game.

Apparently the R600s are ready to ship by quite a few sources and interviews, and theres even someone who claims to be getting a test copy next week sometime.

Its really getting to the point where rumor could be fact, considering the boiling point of the GPU market is at the moment.

God I want to strangle the next person that types "benchie"...wtf is this, preschool?

God I want to strangle the next person that types "benchie"...wtf is this, preschool?

Nope. I'm an American (who are well known for destroying English). Basically, I was too lazy to type Benchmark. ;)

Do I care? Not really. Its not like you have to be formal in a forum.

10-20% faster... sign.....
with nearly 80% more bandwidth
and with 5 extra months to work with,

only giving us 10-20% faster??
is this a joke?

i think i will stay with my 8800GTX until the first directx 10 benchmark released..( game or 3dmark)

i will upgrade to whatever faster.. R600 or 8900

Eh, I'm still considering it if the drivers work out better than what NV has came out with thus far.

As far as I concerned thats the main selling point for the R600. If it has bad drivers though, it may not have a lot of saving grace.

I don't care about how fast the R600 performs. I just want some competition so the prices can come down.

Isn't the default 3dmark settings at 1024x768? So if that's 15% faster at that res, it must be much more at higher resolutions.

I'm kind of disappointed. I would have thought with 6 more months of development/lost sales, etc. ATI would have done more than 1000 "3dmarks" over any variety of 8800GTX.

Yah, doesnt do much for competition since the 8800GTXs are going for 500 now and the R600 probably 600+

Yah, doesnt do much for competition since the 8800GTXs are going for 500 now and the R600 probably 600+

Unless you're counting the one listed on Newegg with a rebate to $530, the cheapest 8800GTX is $549.

These numbers are useless until we have it reviewed across different games and different resolutions. Then we can talk about price points and such.

ati has been better than nvidia for 2560x1600 + high AA benchies for a while.. check out 30" monitor gaming reviews..

ahh, so after a rebate. So provided you're willing to deal with a rebate, then yes, it's $500. At least for now.

Yep, never had problem with evga rebates, plus... you said 530 was the cheapest with MIR i believe i was right. ;)

ahh, so after a rebate. So provided you're willing to deal with a rebate, then yes, it's $500. At least for now.

Of course, it's available right now, it's the fastest card you can buy right now, and has been the fastest card you could have bought for the past SIX MONTHS. It's almost like ATI is owned by AMD or something :p.

Of course, it's available right now, it's the fastest card you can buy right now, and has been the fastest card you could have bought for the past SIX MONTHS. It's almost like ATI is owned by AMD or something :p.

haha good one.:D

My amd got owned by these conroes in a matter of 6 months.

Yep, never had problem with evga rebates, plus... you said 530 was the cheapest with MIR i believe i was right. ;)

Neither have I, in fact when I made the switch from my 754 AGP board to 754 PCI-E, I jumped on the 7900GT (evga as well) when there were rebates bringing it to $226 if I remember correctly. What I'm saying is that those rebates disappeared about a week after they came, and it wasn't until a long time past then (months) that prices ever got back down to that level.

Anyway, I'll have to see what R600 really offers before I judge it. Canned 3DMark scores aren't a proper bench of performance.

ati has been better than nvidia for 2560x1600 + high AA benchies for a while.. check out 30" monitor gaming reviews..

For a while ? Not since the 8800's are around, which means more than six months.
Regarding R600, it better be. More than 6 months late, with memory bandwidth to spare and it won't be faster than a 8800 GTX @ 2560x1600 ? It HAS to be or it simply doesn't belong in the enthusiast market...

It's not a joke, the 8800 GTX is a goliath as everyone knows. I think ATI is lucky just to be able to match it's performance.

My thoughts exactly, how long did Nvidia FX5xxx strugle to meet R9700 performance? FX5xxx series was a flop and they had to resort in IQ optimizations to get even speed wise. Wasnt it the 6xxx series from Nvidia that finally catched up with R9xxx cards speedwise and until 8800 Nvidia lagged behind in IQ? I think Iam pulling these series and timelines out of my hat, so somebody with better memory can correct me. Also wasnt there atleast a year between FX5xxx and 6xxx series?

So yeah if R600 can match or surpass 8800 speed wise and IQ is also there, I think R600 is doing quite well. Better than Nvidia did in with its FX5xxx situation. Then there is the driver issue, 8800 drivers are not optimal on XP or Vista side so if ATI can launch R600 with solid drivers its another feather in their cap. So I dont think the situation is quite so grim as people like to put it.

Nvidia has been faster than ATI for the last 5 months for any resolution, any AF and any AA settings. Check out the reviews. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'd like to see a benchie with a higher rezzie. like 1920x1200

I don't understand all these 1920x1200 benchmarks.

SURELY there are 5 1680x1050 machines for every 1 1920x1200.

Look at the number of 20"/21"/22" widescreen monitors on the market vs. 24"+.

More 1680x1050 benchmarks, guys!!

If you want performance numbers at 1680x1050, look at 1600x1200 and multiply by about 1.08. It's rough, but you get an idea.

You can't simply scale up 1600x1200 numbers to 1920x1200. The numbers start getting thrown off too easily, which is why many reviewers are looking at benchmarking at that resolution.

i think i will stay with my 8800GTX until the first directx 10 benchmark released..( game or 3dmark)

Crysis will be the first useful test of DX10 capabilities IMO. The extra bandwidth has got to pay off in IQ and advanced AA modes but that's a guess.

Crysis will be the first useful test of DX10 capabilities IMO. The extra bandwidth has got to pay off in IQ and advanced AA modes but that's a guess.

Exactly the way I'm thinking right now. The R600 might not be much faster in raw speed, but when you start cranking up the AA and AF levels, that extra bandwidth might help it hold its ground better than the 8800's.

That would be sweet since if I got the R600, I would crank the AA and AF up. The 8800's can already play almost any game out there with 16xAA so the R600's going to have to do something about that. Maybe it will be able to play games at double digit AA levels, better ?

We'll see.

It doesn't look like they're trying to take advantage of the memory bandwidth. Some of the rumors had relatively low speed GDDR3 paired up with the 512bit bus. Bandwidth wise it was roughly equal to G80 so it wouldn't be of significant benefit. It's possible they're going for a price/performance win. So 8800GTX levels of performance for $300 or something along those lines. If they do keep the extra bandwidth it almost has to be going towards AA and AF. The only area R600 could pull ahead of G80 would be the high res areas since anything below 1600x1200 is likely to be CPU limited. We're probably going to need an insanely clocked CPU with stock GPUs to really compare them.

We already have some indications that R600 is significantly better at DX10 than G80 so that could be something to watch. The other thing going for the entire line is that even the low end cards should be able to accelerate 1080P video so that will likely be a major plus for OEMs. Because OEMs like things like "Runs YouTube Better" with those really high quality video streams they have.

The R600 might not be much faster in raw speed, but when you start cranking up the AA and AF levels, that extra bandwidth might help it hold its ground better than the 8800's.
Very probably, yes, but you also have to factor G80's coverage sampling anti-aliasing mode. The X2900's gross bandwidth may be able to counter that advantage, but unless AMD can implement a similar method to CSAA, they may fare similarly in AA performance as the 8800 GTX. R600's AF performance will likely be stellar, of course, but I don't see any room for IQ improvements in filtering quality.

The early benchmarks are a little disheartening, but then again, they're fairly inline with my predictions. Like someone else said, G80 is such an amazing GPU to try and match, and the number of delays seem to indicate that AMD has had some difficulty.

It'll be great to get another contender in the market, though.

Of course the R600 will be better. Then Nvidia will put out a better card. Then ATI will beat that one....then NV, then ATI....back and forth it will go, as it always has.

10-20% faster... sign.....
with nearly 80% more bandwidth
and with 5 extra months to work with,

only giving us 10-20% faster??
is this a joke?

i will upgrade to whatever faster.. R600 or 8900

Care to make another company, spend loads of money on R&D, and come up with something better? Seriously...the fact that there is another option on the horizon is good enough for me. Don't be so greedy/power hungry... :rolleyes:

Back