new psu have i missed something

i just tested the 20 pin on a old mobo and the psu is turning on and the fan is spinning so it does work but dont have any way to test the 2 8pin cpu connectors.

i put the corsair psu back in it and all working fine bar the coil wine does not make any sense bar it is faulty, also cpuid hw monitor stops working if i use the usb cable for icue :confused:

tried it again and same thing it will not turn on yet works fine with the corsair one it does not make sense other than it is faulty ffs.

Why do you need an 1100w PSU?

You bought a junk PSU that turned out to be junk. No surprise there.

Out of curiosity, did you by chance try to use the cables for the Corsair on the new one to avoid having to change them out?

i bought this but it will not turn on the computer.
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/110...eff-single-rail-139mm-quiet-fan-dc-dc-atx-psu

all it does is click when i push the power button the gfx card fan spins and then nothing.

https://www.tyan.com/Motherboards_S7010_S7010AGM2NRF

there is only 1 8 pin cpu cable and anothere that is split 4+4 is this the problem?
With a paper clip, short GREEN (power on) to BLACK (ground) and that turns on the PSU. With a volt meter you can check all the pins. A Power Supply Tester, only costs $14,00, and someone like you that could use it, should get one and look
at all your voltages when it internally connects those two pins I mentioned, and with a LCD screen read out, shows all your voltages.
12 votls V1, 12 votls V2, + 5 volts & 3.3 volts. The blue wire is - 12 votls. The - 5 volts is never used any more.

Do you some how have a direct short circuit. Where does the click come from. Nothing in a PSU to make a click.

Attachments

• HTB11.vwB8yWBuNkSmFPq6xguVXaO.webp
    53 KB · Views: 0
With a paper clip, short GREEN (power on) to BLACK (ground) and that turns on the PSU. With a volt meter you can check all the pins. A Power Supply Tester, only costs $14,00, and someone like you that could use it, should get one and look
at all your voltages when it internally connects those two pins I mentioned, and with a LCD screen read out, shows all your voltages.
12 votls V1, 12 votls V2, + 5 volts & 3.3 volts. The blue wire is - 12 votls. The - 5 volts is never used any more.

Do you some how have a direct short circuit. Where does the click come from. Nothing in a PSU to make a click.
i have used a old mobo with a 20 pin connector and the psu does power on and fan is spinning but when both 8 pin psu connectors are connected in my system it will not power on and clicks, it is 100% coming from the psu .

i got this to replace that as driving me up the wall but at least it powers on the system so i can use it.

What's the difference between the first 2 connectors?
You should be using the ones that say CPU.

• 1 x 4+4-pin ATX 12V
  • 1 x 4+4-pin CPU +12V (EPS)
  • 1 x 4-pin FDD Adapter
  • 1 x 4-pin Molex
  • 3 x 6+2-pin PCIe
  • 1 x 8-pin CPU +12V (EPS)
  • 8 x SATA

none say cpu on the cable but i have 1 8 pin and 1 split 4pin+4pin for the cpu on this psu so the listing is wrong but should not make any difference i did ring scan tech support on friday and also said this and to try swap the 8 pin cpu power cables around and same thing it clicks and will not turn on.

You can try running one connector. Unless it is a dual CPU system, you can run it with one connector.

i have used a old mobo with a 20 pin connector and the psu does power on and fan is spinning but when both 8 pin psu connectors are connected in my system it will not power on and clicks, it is 100% coming from the psu .

i got this to replace that as driving me up the wall but at least it powers on the system so i can use it.

I tried to replace a 250 watt power supply with a 400 watt power supply and the Pentium D, and HP mother board would not boot.
The difference of a 20 pin connector to the motherboard with the 250 watt & 24 pin connector with the 400 watt connected a HP wripper feature that took more power. You may not be connecting fully the potential of your mother board originally and with the replacement you are connecting a feature that you could actually live without.
I went on to use a very light weigh cheap PSU that was 750 watts, and it works with the wripper feature. I looked up the HP wripper feature on a google search, and very little concern was about it.

Can't go wrong with Seasonic.
DSC_0236_03.JPG

Back