New PS3 Firmware 1.3!

Rash

2[H]4U
Just heard over at the PS3 forums, No major fixes, something about 1080i support, a hard drive backup utility, registering bluetooth devices, and some extra sound options. I dont think it upscales 720p games yet, just the few tvs that supported 1080i that couldnt get it working in 1080i now can or summats! Ill download and see if there is anything else.

"Sony has moved 720p below 1080i in preference, so now if you play a game that supports both 720p and 1080i, you get 1080i."

Odd thing to do.

Spaceman_Spiff said:
NICE! We got 2 whole responses before the first threadcrap!!!!

how's that thread crapping? gee, it isnt like what he said was a lie and it isnt like there are a ton of people on this board who actually own a PS3.

ozziegn said:
how's that thread crapping? gee, it isnt like what he said was a lie and it isnt like there are a ton of people on this board who actually own a PS3.

I think there are well over 10, and you are blind if you really believe he wasnt taking a shot at the PS3. Just because this forums is flooded with Wii-posts, doesnt mean there arent a lot of us who also own PS3s.

Im just glad to see Sony is actively working on firmware updates at a quick pace.

ozziegn said:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1126761

I count 15 so far. Yeah and 15 is like um...more than 10...last time I checked. :(

I will have to download this firmware tonight. I was hoping there would be a hard drive backup
utility so that it would be easier for me to upgrade my hard drive in the future.

Yeah I got it last night... this should appease the people who have the older sets and were complaining about no 1080i and all that.

Keep the updates coming, Sony. :)

The18thLetter said:
Yeah I got it last night... this should appease the people who have the older sets and were complaining about no 1080i and all that.

Keep the updates coming, Sony. :)

Should clarify... it still doesn't scale so the problem remains.

Rash said:
Just heard over at the PS3 forums, No major fixes, something about 1080i support, a hard drive backup utility, registering bluetooth devices, and some extra sound options. I dont think it upscales 720p games yet, just the few tvs that supported 1080i that couldnt get it working in 1080i now can or summats! Ill download and see if there is anything else.
i dont think the machine physically CAN upscale to 1080i from the 720p games. unless they do it through software somehow (ick)

Bowhuntr11 said:
Anybody know if this helps with the Westinghouse 37w3 HDCP Handshake problem?

no..but i hear if you buy a hdmi to dvi cable and run it into your dvi2 port then there will be no problems...

- PS3 to Westy on DVI-2 port using HDMI-to-DVI cable: NO ISSUES.
Exactly what I've been telling people as well, also use a Dual Link cable for best signal. Works perfect. DVI2 has HDCP, BR and NBA both display at 1080p.

^^from another forum...

JR_Rider said:
no..but i hear if you buy a hdmi to dvi cable and run it into your dvi2 port then there will be no problems...

Aww you tried it already? :( Yeah I know you can do that, its not that a big enough deal to me that I got to go buy another cable. All it requires is me switching to video and back to HDMI real quick to get it to stop.

naa, im going to order the cable today, its only 10 bucks or so, its not THAT big of a deal, but its very annoying to me, having to turn the tv off then back on, or do it your way, gets on my nerves so imma try it, and if it works i'll post ...when th cable comes in..

Well everyone has been saying that works, so I am sure it will. I hope they fix it with a update as soon as you get your cable! :p

So did you say you actually tried it with the 1.3 update?

Bowhuntr11 said:
I hope they fix it with a update as soon as you get your cable! :p

why would you hope somethin like that? i've been tryin to help you and answer you questions and you go and say somethin like that....

So did you say you actually tried it with the 1.3 update?

and yea, i did.....

dick..

It was a joke....thats what that face was for. Calm down....lol sorry if you took it like that.

Aww you tried it already?

I thought that was maybe the answer to that question. So I asked if you had tried it again, to just make sure...

I was hoping it would fix my sync problem too, oh well, I will order the hdmi-dvi adapter from monoprice tonight (already have a dvi cable run in the wall)

I'm glad to hear that Sony is hard at work fixing issues they can fix. I still think it was stupid to not include the necessary scaling chip in the hardware BUT I don't have a PS3 yet so I can't claim how much the issue would effect me.

I'm excited to own one in the future due to Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XIII, both will be AMAZING and I'm saving up right now so I can set it aside and be ready.

I have the 1080i problem on my Sony HDTV over component, but luckily 720p works fine over HDMI to DVI on my TV.

Meh...

I just leave mine at work so that when we have little to no business I just bring a couple DVDs, make a tub of popcorn and my employees and I watch movies. I'm such a nice boss! :D

If 1080i issue is unfixable I'm never buying the console, $600, that is ridiculous, 360 Comes out a year before, $200 cheaper, and not only had 0 scaling issues, but was even updated to scale to a resolution it wasn't even designed for almost a year later, and when it didn't work with some TVs, what did they do? Release another update attempting to fix it real quick.

Back