New phone

Psycrow

Gawd
Hi

Dont laugh at me but im not a big fan of smart phones. So i have a J5 samsung from 2016/17
And no surprise but it is getting slower and slower for each day hence updates.

But since i like samsung brands, then i want to keep it that way.

What smart phone should i buy ?
It dosent need to cost alot and be the latest mdel with all the smartpants features i dont use anyway.

Can you smart people suggest me a decent phone upgrade.
Sometimes i play games on it, so it just needs to have cpu + ramm for todays games like pokemongo,dungeon defender and all these card games like heartstone.

im not good at telling what i want..please enlight me :D

Samsung model xxx ??

You didn't give a budget or location/carrier, but I'm assuming you don't want to drop $600+ for the newer S9 or Note 9 phones. If you're dead set on Samsung, then I've seen some deals on eBay and other sites for the S8/S8+ for under $400 recently, so that would probably be the best you can get for the money from Samsung. Just look up what specific S8 model you need for your carrier or location, but if you're in the US you can use any US carrier variant on any US carrier as long as it's unlocked, or just get the US unlocked model that will work on all carriers as well.

Im in EU and yes i dont want to spend 600 $ since here in Denmark land everthing is 20-25% more expensive for some tax reason.

So 3-400 $ would be enough.

I see my own j5 2016 specs https://www.sammobile.com/devices/galaxy-j5-2016/specs/SM-J510FN/
and i found the 2017 version has more cpu https://www.sammobile.com/devices/galaxy-j5-2017/specs/SM-J530F/

it cost 220 $. So i go from 1.2 ghz 4 core to 1.6 ghz 8 cores
Same cam pixel and 2 ghz ram

From marshmellow to nougat android ..lol
And even to Oreo soon https://www.sammobile.com/2018/05/30/galaxy-j5-2017-oreo-update-may-bump-it-straight-to-android-8-1/

So will that be worth it ?

I want the battery to be replaceable since i dont like smart phones with inbuild batteries if it fails you must send ur whole smartphone back to RMA...

I see they are cheap but im a samsung phone fan since my game screen is a samsung. I like em :D

from the 2016 to the 2017 version of the same low end phone is a very small upgrade.. You would probably be better off just resetting yours & installing a less bloat filled launcher like nova. Touchwiz isnt bad when you have the horsepower to push it, but you really dont.

from the 2016 to the 2017 version of the same low end phone is a very small upgrade.. You would probably be better off just resetting yours & installing a less bloat filled launcher like nova. Touchwiz isnt bad when you have the horsepower to push it, but you really dont.

Yeah, exactly. Disabling apps you don't use often, switching to a lighter launcher (like Nova), and (if necessary) wiping everyting can have a pretty miraculous effect on old Android phones.

Btw allmost all the samsung phones has inbuild battery..is that just me or isent it best with replace able battery ?
Since they has to loose more power over time and in the end decrease power cap.?

Ok it comes to these 2 models Huawei P20 Lite 64 GB or samsung A8 2018 blacks

Last edited:
The p20 is gonna be the better phone but Samsung's new mid range phones are starting to blur the line a bit between it and high end line

I just bought a new in box Pixel 2XL for $550 and I absolutely love the phone. My previous phone was a S7 Edge which even by todays standards is a GREAT phone at it's current market price...

Back