new pc for wife budget tight. Wants to play WoW at decent res and settings.

mord

Limp Gawd
My wife wants a new PC to play WoW, surf the web, email, and some light use of MS word, excel and publisher. The office work is with small documents and run fine on her current P4. However its a Rambus memory machine (256MB) with a GF2 GO in a AGP 2.0 slot so not much worth upgrading. She likes to play WoW and that's about it for gaming. Current machine struggles at 1024x768 with settings near min on everything. She wants WoW running at a higher res with most or all the bells and whistles.

She has a 20" CRT that runs up to 1600x1200, we may be replacing that with a wide screen 22" LCD in a month or two.

I have a decent hard drive and optical drive already, and all the external things like keyboard, and mouse.

What I need: Case, Power supply, CPU, Mobo, Memory, Vid card.

I live in TN and would prefer to use a vender out of state...

Budget... not much. $450 max shipped.

What I have so far on the shopping list is (tax and shipping included):
E5200 - $80
EVGA 9800GT 512MB $130
GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L - $80
Corsair TwinX 2G set - $32.50
Antec case 4480 with Earthwatts 380 PS - $102

Total: $424.50

I priced those mostly through Zipzoom but used the Egg for the case as I didn't see a good match from Zip. I looked at Mwave a little also. Egg charges 9.75% Tax for TN shipments. Zip does not.

Your parts list looks pretty good to me except for the RAM: Cost too much for a 2GB set considering that a 4GB can be had for $40. Then again that's over at newegg so yah.

Hit up Amazon.com as well. They don't charge sales tax, well at least for California residents.

your right that is high. I'll tack on a 4G set from the egg or somewhere else.

Back