NEW OMFGWTFBBQ Build ... I have too much time on my hands

W.Feather

[H]ard DCOTM x4 & [H]DCOTY x1
I had the upgrade bug, and had two E5-2670s sitting empty (Thanks to an upgrade to the server to dodeca chips...) ..... along with a 900D thats build went by the way side .... soo this happened...

Album: http://imgur.com/a/Gtlnd

I ended up with two Alpha Cool UT60 480mm kits (Got em at a decent price, wanted XP3 blocks anyhow .... any interest in parts contact me, I will be listing em in my FS/FT Thread once the build is done).

Any questions , comments, concerns let me have it ! Ill keep updating the album as I finish up this build, A UT60 480mm will be going back in bottom of the 900D, Ive got 8x Noise Blocker fans (From the kit), that Ill probably throw in here, or ill use some GT15s, still up in the air, thoughts on this? Will have a single D5 for now, the two E5-2670s are all thats in the loop (for now, adding a K10 once i get that all sorted)

Some whistle wetting ... going to disassemble the other loop tomorrow (Has the pump / res I want to use, and I need to use some monsoon fittings in it, cant find my spares for the life of me ... ) and finish it up ... got it mostly done anyhow, this is what i got done today...

Nice! I need to get a Proc for the Sabertooth X79 MB I have and get my gaming rig / watercoold system back up and running.

Love the black tube - Primochill?
And, what parts are left over? (can't figure out what kit that is)

I got ahold of 2x Alpha Cool UT60 kits for a decent enough price.

Primochill Advanced LRT, really happy with the bend radius, might end up using it over my prefered Norprene.....Still need to get around to pulling the 3770k system apart to scavenge parts from it lol

I also really like the Primochill Advanced LRT. Great tubing in terms of bend radius. It just 'feels' sturdy and supposedly it's plasticizer resistant (but I'll only find out in a few months/years).

Getting temps of ~70c while running IBT @ Max , specs below:

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS
2x Xeon E5-2670 (8c/16t ea. @ 2.6 Non-Turbo, 3.0 All Core Turbo)
1x GTX680
1x 500GB Samsung EVO
2x 120GB Corsair Force GT3

As of now only the 2670's are under water, temps were from all 16c/32t @ 3.0 GHz.

Issue im running into atm is cavitation in the res causing air bubbles / noise in the pump, with how I want to have my rad I don think I can get away without buying a new res / pump top .... Thoughts? (Ill add a picture of the finalized loop when I get to campus)

Getting temps of ~70c while running IBT @ Max , specs below:

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS
2x Xeon E5-2670 (8c/16t ea. @ 2.6 Non-Turbo, 3.0 All Core Turbo)
1x GTX680
1x 500GB Samsung EVO
2x 120GB Corsair Force GT3

As of now only the 2670's are under water, temps were from all 16c/32t @ 3.0 GHz.

Issue im running into atm is cavitation in the res causing air bubbles / noise in the pump, with how I want to have my rad I don think I can get away without buying a new res / pump top .... Thoughts? (Ill add a picture of the finalized loop when I get to campus)

Once you get the loop fully bled there shouldn't be a problem anymore, it can take a long time (days) for that to happen though.

No the issue is more not enough water in the loop, but due to physics I cannot get more ... I broke down and bought a new res just now (Have been wanting / needing to get one for a while), so I got the 240 res coming (60mm EK Tube Res, have a 140 currently IIRC) ... Needing to have more water in the loop .... Going to clean it up a bit will psot pictures (Hope it all gets here before I leave town on friday!)

Still im letting it run, hoping it lowers the volume a bit as well, last loop had the same issue, but no where to this degree

It is a touch high, Still working through it. My choice of rad mounting etc. is hindering full filling of the rad. When the new res comes in ill fix it fully. I am hoping to have ~50c max load (passive on the rad)

edit: I will note, this is ~5-10c lower than these chips had in the same room doing the same load with 212 EVO's

so where is optimal placement for fully saturating a rad?

intently following this as i too am (hellishly slowly) building my own w/c box

Its not so much the position, as the ports. Ive only used rads with 2 ports (1 in 1 out) in the past, the UT60 has 7, im using the (What im pretty sure) drainage port, and isnt letting the rad fill completly (For my current purposes its a non issue.

There typically would be no issue (AFAIK) with where the rad sits.

I know that feeling all to well, this case has been sitting in a room for near a year I think ...

New res and teh 90deg shows up tomorrow (Sometimes I can enjoy Performance PCs .... even though sales tax sucks) .... so I aim to do the update tomorrow, will post pics / results .

looking forward to it, shame my workplace blocks the pics

Res is out for delivery ... hoping to have it fixed up tonight.

Update:

New res in ... anndddd EK changed the threading ..... the "male" portion is now on the cylinder not the top :(

However, it came with a nice pourus material (Synthetic of some kind) that is ment for anti-cyclone , and it works wonder .... I have a silent rig now! Temps are a little high, but im pretty sure that is due to a loose contact on the CPU blocks, goign to investigate that tomorrow probably.

Now im in the situation that I need to decide if im going to send the res back or not .... probably keep it for when I revamp the build (When GPUs are added)....Ill see if i can get some updated pics up tomorrow

Back