New (Old) Boxen worth it?

Vegas P11

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a few Atlon 64 3500+ boxes laying around and was wondering if they would be worth setting up a lil baby farm. I'd need a few new video cards to run the GPU clients so any suggestions would be appreciated. Money is a lil short right now due to work being very slow so keep that in mind. I have a FRY's about 2 minutes from the house so gonna head there and see about some cards. Thanks guys.

You'd be better off running GPUs, and if you don't mind they have used cards around thefoeums, you can get a 88GT (5k ppd) for around 50$
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

It's much better to get GPUs. The Athlon64s can only run the uniprocessor client (which nets about 200ppd), but if it's feeding GPUs you can get maybe 5-10k out of that.

It's much better to get GPUs. The Athlon64s can only run the uniprocessor client (which nets about 200ppd), but if it's feeding GPUs you can get maybe 5-10k out of that.

Yeah, better yield with GPU's.

I'm running the SMP client (advmethods) on an Athlon64 X2 3800. It's only yielding 1400 PpD but it's certainly better than the uniprocessor CPU client.

So if you have three 3500 boxen running SMP and then add the 8800 GPU's you could see close to 20,000 PpD. :D Just imagine...... moar PpD.

I'm running the SMP client (advmethods) on an Athlon64 X2 3800. It's only yielding 1400 PpD but it's certainly better than the uniprocessor CPU client.
His Athlon64 won't make the deadlines.

Feed GPUs with those boxen.

Put a WTB in the FS section here and in the main FS subforum.

Get your fingers on 8800gt/9800gt or 8800gs/9600gso cards don't pay more than $50 for the first or $40 for the second.

Back