NEW Official 61.76's from nvidia.

Cool! I'm glad to see nVidia finally getting some 6x.xx series drivers up on their site. Hopefully more will soon follow.

It looks like Nvidia will release two driversets, one without SM3.0, one with SM3.0

61.76 does not have SM3.0 (but the driver file can be modified to enable it)

61.77 does have SM3.0, but is not up yet - though the release notes for it are:
ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/6...vers_Release_Notes_Windows_XP-2000-9x-NT4.pdf

To enable SM3.0 support in 61.76 if you don't want to wait for 61.77:

Add the following lines to nv4_disp.inf *before* installing the driver (if you've already installed, uninstall and add these lines, then reinstall).

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]
HKR,, D3D_35173345, %REG_DWORD%, 0x61243847

[nv_ClearRegistrySwitches]
HKR,, D3D_35173345

Finally got them installed, after some odd problem the first try. Some graphic corruption and screen overlapping. Rebooted, deleted the dir, and redownloaded them. Worked the second time for some reason. Both downloads came from NV's http. Seem to be working now.

fallguy said:
Finally got them installed, after some odd problem the first try. Some graphic corruption and screen overlapping. Rebooted, deleted the dir, and redownloaded them. Worked the second time for some reason. Both downloads came from NV's http. Seem to be working now.

good to hear. Man, I was running 62.11 and 62.xx series....I really recommend against them. edmark would reboot at the end, and I thought my card was really having problems or something. Ran stability tests on memory, cpu, and vid card. Couldn't figure out the problem. switched back to 61.34, and now the official det's frm the site, and no reboots. Very interesting that drivers could cause something like rebooting in 3dmark...yuch, i hate beta's (well not really, but you know what i mean).

EDIT: nevermind, the rebooting has something to do with the 'loop infinitely' option in 3dmark, as I can run the test one time or 3x in a row without problem but it reboots when I set it to loop infinitely). That's odd.

Running official 61.76 now. :)

I don't think NVIDIA is interested in enabling 3.0 by default until it is properly supported by the RTM of DX 9.0c.

I can't speak about 6800 and stuff but I just installed new drivers for my new 5900XT OC using my new L1920P lcd the demos are stunning figure the last video card i had was a ti4600 so all i can say is wow .. could only imagine the higher end cards i think this one will do what i want it to do :) thanks for the link

Not overwhelming but picked up 200 points in 3Dmark. Still have that pain in the ars OVCLK won't stick till I've rebooted a couple of times problem. :eek:

nevermind.

I noticed an increase in image quality and also a couple hundered points in 3dmark 2003 as well.

fallguy said:
Heh, someone always "sees" an image quality increase.

er..ya, that's how I notice image quality changes. i could get specific but I'm too lazy.

LOL

Back