New Nvidia GK110 Based Card Launch – GTX Titan Ultra?

Who cares, this is Nvidia, you're going to pay too much regardless of what they release and at the end of the day you're only adding or subtracting a handful of frames.

I know a guy that replaced 2 x 7970's for a Titan and spent $1100 dollars to lose like 15 to 30+ fps on games.

Throwing good money at 5 more or 5 less frames ... don't do it

Given the state of crossfire drivers, he did the right thing.

nVidia should just put the GTX Titan-Ultra at the $1000 range and drop the lower card's price.

GTX Titan Ultra - $1000
GTX Titan - $600
GTX 780 - $400
GTX 770 - $300
GTX 760 - $200
GTX 660 - $170
GTX 650 Ti-Boost - $135

nVidia should just put the GTX Titan-Ultra at the $1000 range and drop the lower card's price.

GTX Titan Ultra - $1000
GTX Titan - $600

Well...that's assuming the 290X is $600. Apparently, Newegg 'accidentally' listed a few for sale at $729.99, and the running assumption is the standard retail versions will be $699 as a result.

I assume you are suggesting the Titan be dropped in price to equal that, and I think I agree. That WOULD seem the most logical from a competitive perspective - early reviews on the 290X appear to indicate it merely 'trades blows' with the Titan. Faster in some games, slower in others, on many it runs at about the same pace. With no clear winner of the two cards, it would make sense to price them comparatively.

So maybe...

GTX Titan Ultra - $1200 (auto-win the e-peen prize, so it'll be expensive)
GTX Titan - $700

i'd like to see some aftermarket solutions of the updated tians for better overclocking

then again this is for the uber rich niche so that probably won't happen :(

So is this going to be another overclocked Titan just like the 8800 GTX Ultra? I guess it would, and priced at $1000 if not more depending if AMD's new king card is good.

well, now we need some games that make use of such hardware. my gtx 690 is pretty bored rendering console ports. a titan ultra? hmm, at least it's good for folding.

Sounds like you either need to buy better games, or more monitors... :D

So is this going to be another overclocked Titan just like the 8800 GTX Ultra? I guess it would, and priced at $1000 if not more depending if AMD's new king card is good.
Already been covered.
They're talking about a GK110 with an entire additional SMX unit enabled. That's quite a bit different from an OC...
Could be an additional SMX, could be an overclock... could be both at once. :p

Back