New NVIDIA GeForce 344.65 WHQL Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA sends word that the new GeForce 344.65 WHQL drivers are now available. *EDIT* For some reason, the older 344.60 are the only drivers showing up for me, anyone else having issues getting the new drivers?

In addition to Assassin's Creed Unity support, our new drivers include all of the optimizations and improvements from our recent GeForce Game Ready Civilization: Beyond Earth & Lords Of The Fallen 344.48 WHQL and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 344.60 WHQL drivers, and of course, support for Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) technology on GeForce GTX 400, 500, 600, 700 and 900 Series GeForce GTX graphics cards.

Shows up as "undefined" at the top of the driver list I get on NVIDIA.COM

I picked Geforce 600 Series > 660 Ti > Windows 8.1 64 bit

Searched for GTX 780, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and got the 344.65 ones just now.

Appears only available for Win 8.1. I still have 7/64b - multiple searches on Geforce.com show the 344.65 only coming up for win 8.1 64bit. Even Win 8.1 32 comes up undefined. Win 7/8 both show 344.60 as most recent available

Actually more playing shows it is both card & Win version dependent. Shows up for some cards, not for others under desktop.

Under notebook drivers, all recent mobile cards are valid for 344.65

Last edited:
The same thing happened to me, but then I changed the card from 980 to 970 and I was offered the driver.

Some people are saying that they had FPS in the 20-30 range with a Geforce 780 in this game. So I'm not surprised that nVidia released a driver to improve on that.
One guy on NeoGAF with an i7-2600K, and he was running with all in-game settings turned to max. Once he turned TXAA off he was getting 60+ FPS.

Anybody know if these fix the corrupt graphics/black screen on DisplayPort awakening from sleep mode?

it's a 100% certainty that Nvidia will be releasing another 'Game Ready' driver next week for Far Cry 4 so I'm not sure if installing 344.65 is even worth it...3 weeks in a row with new WHQL drivers...

it's a 100% certainty that Nvidia will be releasing another 'Game Ready' driver next week for Far Cry 4 so I'm not sure if installing 344.65 is even worth it...3 weeks in a row with new WHQL drivers...

I'm trying to figure out how they're putting out this constant stream of WHQL's, they used to be every 3 months or so. Now I've updated my drivers something like 4 times since I bought my 980.

I HATE it when companies release optimized drivers for new games!
#pitchfork #torch

I HATE it when companies release optimized drivers for new games!
#pitchfork #torch

I know right...?!?!

Actually the only thing that would make me a little worried would be if they end up in the same position that AMD did a couple of years back with their monthly releases. That just ended up introducing more issues than it solved.

I just installed my 970 and get crashes every time I play AC Black Flag. Hasn't happened in any other game yet. Sigh

edit: nevermind, BF4 is getting the same crashes, too.

Last edited:
I wonder if these new drivers will actually fix issues or just improve performance of just one game, which I guess probably not.

at least theyre updating them.

i rather have weekly bleeding edge releases than monthly.

So, people will bitch and moan when a game gets released and an optimized driver isn't released, and now there's bitching and moaning when they are on the ball and do release an optimized driver? :confused:

Thank you, nVidia! :cool:

So, people will bitch and moan when a game gets released and an optimized driver isn't released, and now there's bitching and moaning when they are on the ball and do release an optimized driver? :confused:

Thank you, nVidia! :cool:

I think it's more relating to the driver bugs right now. It just so happens there are many AAA titles coming and nVidia is on the ball with those games and their driver support but those with 2 month old driver bugs feel sour about them not fixing those bugs.

Displayport Bug was caused after 344.11 and hasn't been fixed since.
Voltage Discrepancy Bug has been out since release

No MFAA for SLi
No DSR for some in SLi
No DSR + SLI + Surround for anyone
No DSR + SLI + Surround + MFAA

Etc... etc..

But.. Yay I got a driver profile for a game, is not the reaction one would expect from those with the above problems.

I think it's more relating to the driver bugs right now. It just so happens there are many AAA titles coming and nVidia is on the ball with those games and their driver support but those with 2 month old driver bugs feel sour about them not fixing those bugs.

Displayport Bug was caused after 344.11 and hasn't been fixed since.

No MFAA for SLi
No DSR for some in SLi
No DSR + SLI + Surround for anyone
No DSR + SLI + Surround + MFAA

Etc... etc..

But.. Yay I got a driver profile for a game, is not the reaction one would expect from those with the above problems.

Fair enough. :)

Funny that. TXAA, adding zero value for users since 2012.

seriously. It's like "how can we make anti aliasing like fxaa but 5 times worse?" - "well, we could make performance abysmal and put gnomes in the driver that jump out and smear vaseline inside their monitor everytime they load up TXAA?" - "well, pack your things and leave jim, you're fired" - *jim leaves* - "steal his idea RIGHT NOW"

Yeah TXAA in Assassins Creed Unity looks horrible. Everything is blurred.
But, but... it's more CINEMATIC!
:rolleyes:

NVIDIA said:
TXAA combines the raw power of MSAA with sophisticated resolve filters similar to those employed in CG films to produce a smoother image far in advance of any comparable technique. Depending on the type of shading implemented in a given game, the performance impact of TXAA can be slightly different. In contrast to methods like FXAA that attempt to maximize performance at the expense of quality, TXAA attempts to maximize quality at the expense of performance.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/txaa/technology
TXAA looks shitty in static screenshots, and it looks shitty in motion. I hate to say it, but FXAA actually looks better...

MFAA isn't available at all yet, is it?

Supposedly for single GPU it's available. Check your nvidia control panel Global settings and game profile settings. For SLi the options are simply not there. I haven't tried single yet.

No DSR + Surround...

Seriously, how many revisions is it going to take for Nvidia to get this working?

QFT the only thing that I keep thinking is that these are Gameready drivers (in other words) are just reactions to some AAA games. I think they are working on a actual driver update to address the issues but it is likely taking them some time. In the interim I created a bios that fixed my voltage issues and has gotten my hardware issues in check perfectly. All I need is some DSR, & MFAA love now for my surround setup.

Lord_Exodia said:
I've heard multiple mentions on this, but not the full story. Can someone explain specifically what the new drivers screw up voltage wise? I'm interested in DSR, but screwing up the voltage levels sounds serious and not something I want to toy around with if they're really that broken. That's the primary reason I haven't checked out the new ones yet.

I've heard multiple mentions on this, but not the full story. Can someone explain specifically what the new drivers screw up voltage wise? I'm interested in DSR, but screwing up the voltage levels sounds serious and not something I want to toy around with if they're really that broken. That's the primary reason I haven't checked out the new ones yet.

It only happens in SLi on 970/980s. One card will run at a different voltage than the recommended minimum. Roughly about 50mv undervolted.

If you have SLi use an on screen display to show the voltage of each card. See for yourself.

DSR isn't even entirely bug free on a single GPU. You can choose a DSR resolution for your desktop. I tried it for fun, and started getting black squares in Excel. No, I don't want a hard-to-read desktop, it was just for curiosity's sake. Also, a lot of off-by-one pixels, probably due to DSR filtering.

Back