New NVIDIA GeForce 332.21 WHQL Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at NVIDIA sent word that the new GeForce 332.21 WHQL drivers are out. You can download the new drivers here or automatically through GeForce Experience. From the release notes:

The new GeForce 332.21 WHQL driver features new SLI profiles for Assetto Corsa, EVE Online (DirectX 11), Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, and Thief, 3D Vision profiles for Injustice: Gods Among Us (Excellent) and Path of Exile (Good), and ensures maximum performance and system stability across all titles.

I downloaded these through geforce experience on my laptop, and then i got a "file corrupted" error when it tried to install them.

Very odd.

Will try again at home tonight.

[L]imey;1040526638 said:
I downloaded these through geforce experience on my laptop, and then i got a "file corrupted" error when it tried to install them.

Very odd.

Will try again at home tonight.

I had the same issue. I downloaded the drivers straight from Nvidia's website to fix the issue.

Same corrupt file problem. Just downloaded it manually and everything is fine.

Anyone know if these resolve the issue that some people had with the 331 drivers where you get a BSOD on install?

The clocks on my Titan are stuck full speed. WTF

Regardless of what I am doing, even idling on the desktop.

Any ideas?

I installed these last night and no more BSOD! I haven't checked clocks, but for now I'm happy these drivers didn't error on me.

Hmm I think I am just going to stick with the 331.82 Quadro drivers. I've been having good luck with them.

WTH, think I am going to mod the inf and try the Quadro version of these. I like experimenting with new drivers.

I installed these for my GTX 460 last night as it's my in between card while I wait for my 760 to get here, I had 0 issues.

Yeah, until I power back up and then start using it again for awhile. Soon as I do something, clocks get stuck full load.

The only other time I've seen this reported was in the Titan bios flashing thread, which was solved with a driver uninstall, clean, and reinstall.

A Plants Vs Zombies game needs a SLI profile?

Yeah bro! Who doesn't play PVZ without 8x SGSSAA. ;)

I don't think PVZ needs it. But i'd rather have it than not have it. Why?

I remember specific cases of SLI profiles existing for games that AMD never bothered with, such as Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Or ubisoft games in general, actually - AMD never bothered with that, AC2, AC revelations, or AC IV. None of the splinter cell games either. Anyway, AC: Brotherhood game never utilized or worked properly crossfire when I used 7970CF, it only used a single GPU. Or with AFR I could get like 20-30% usage per GPU, which was really shitty. Going over the 680 sli, it had SLI profiles for all ubi games and I was able to run Assassin's creed brotherhood with SGSSAA on top of 8x MSAA, and driver AO later on. It was glorious and a significant image quality improvement, yet without SLI it would have ran like shit. AC games in general had a lot of issues with microstutter on AMD cards in 2012 as well, but AMD may have fixed that. I haven't used 7970CF for over a year, i've since sold them. (and DONT miss them heh)

So yeah, it wouldn't be all too useful in PVZ. I'm kinda glad that nvidia goes the extra mile with SLI profiles though, considering SLI will let you utilize higher image quality. What i've noticed is that AMD doesn't really give a fuck about non AAA titles (based on using 7970CF and 5870CF) which limits your options as far as image quality. And when you're using high levels of SSAA, you definitely want multi GPU to help push frames. Just IMO. Not too useful in PVZ. But I like the fact that nvidia offers the support rather than saying "Fuck it" which is what AMD tends to do with crossfire. Another example that comes to mind is all of the Dead Space games, Darksiders 1 and 2. None of those games have crossfire profiles. But all of them have SLI profiles. So with SLI, you can increase the image quality by a significant amount with driver AO and what not. or SGSSAA in Darksiders 2. With AMD? You probably won't be able to use SSAA in darksiders 2, because you'll want multi GPU to push enough frames for SSAA.

So I guess my point here is...i'm glad to have SLI profiles even if the game isn't super demanding. You can increase image quality with SLI, whereas a single GPU will struggle with extreme AA such as SSAA. Know what i'm saying.

I guess nvidia's better multi GPU software support is one prime reason why i've become an nvidia fanboy over the past year - they've definitely won me over and i'm pretty outspoken about it. Because there is such a drastic difference between software philosophy of these two companies, it aint even funny - particularly when it comes to adding new features, 3D vision, SLI, and surround, so on and so forth..

Last edited:
These drivers cleared up my random reboots when playing in BF4 and Star Trek Online when in intense action compared to the 331.92 Beta that were absolute shit for me.

This driver installed fine through experience and didn't mess up my Shadow Play like the previous 2 did.

Back