New NVIDIA Game Ready Driver for a Game I have Never Heard of

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I guess we could look at this as a good thing, right. NVIDIA is even cranking out Game Ready Drivers for games we have never heard of? Maybe this is just not my genre? Maybe I live under a rock? Who knows.

Check out the video.

What have all those in common you ask? Right, all three are essential in Kingdom Come: Deliverance! How will you solve your quests? With clever diplomacy skills or the sharp end of your blade? No matter how, don’t forget to save with a sip of some precious Saviour Schnapps! In the new video Warhorse introduces the main features, skills and strategies you need to survive in Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

I've been following that game's development for about six months now. It looks surprisingly good. I'll probably pick it up at launch to tide me over until Far Cry 5 in March.

Been looking at this one in the fringes of the up and coming games. Something to tickle that witcher itch, with the medieval swords n whoring feel. can't wait to burn down my first town 10/10

I've been following this title as well, so I'm happy to see it's already optimized. I'll pick this one up game 2 or 3, barring terrible reviews.

Sorry but you live under a rock. Maybe this game just isn't to your taste. 1st person RPG set in medieval Europe with no magic. Basically it is Skyrim without the magic fantasy elements.

I kickstarted this way back when and it looks quite promising. Comparing it to Skyrim is inevitable, but I would say that's like comparing Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Brothers. Both share a some elements, but it simply depends on what you find fun.

Dunno about that. Time will tell how much fun a 1st person RPG grounded in medieval Europe has to offer. too bad no PC retail edition in NA... would need to import from EU if one wants a physical PC copy of the game.
Shit, you want to get some REAL first person medieval Europe rocking, get you some Yore VR. I played this for a couple of days.

If a game uses a specific and well known game engine, source or unreal, etc. And if the game doesn't do anything different with the engine and uses it in it's "vanilla" flavor, doesn't that make the optimizing pretty easy? It's like hunt down every generic engine game and add them to the list, all you need is a way to code the identification of the engine to match it with the optimization routines, it's mix and match work.
Maybe.

If a game uses a specific and well known game engine, source or unreal, etc. And if the game doesn't do anything different with the engine and uses it in it's "vanilla" flavor, doesn't that make the optimizing pretty easy? It's like hunt down every generic engine game and add them to the list, all you need is a way to code the identification of the engine to match it with the optimization routines, it's mix and match work.

Not necessarily.

Even on the same engine, things like polygon count, draw distance, map size, amount of physics, etc. can vary greatly, and need specific optimizations, even within fps games, not to mention across the many game types that can run on the same engines.

To your point, I bet they have a common template they work with for each of the major engines, but they still likely do some title specific optimizations.

Eh, Updated to the latest and all I get is the NV something driver crash so I reverted back to 383.33 and no issues yet.

Yep, you live under a rock. :) This game is much anticipated.

Although it has been in development for quite a while.

Many of us who enjoy games such as Mount and Blade etc have been waiting to see how this one turns out. It's going to have to be seriously top notch to be worth the $60 though. I kind of doubt the game is going to be in a state where it's worth that at launch. But hey, hopefully they prove me wrong.

DT9EsooU0AA_lk7.jpg

First I've heard of it. Can you make your character squeal like a pig? Or is that a different game?

I'v been following this game for over a year. How does one not know of it?

It has not exactly gotten a huge amount of press lately. I'd forgotten about it myself until recently because it isn't a genre I follow closely. It is also somewhat known for its main developer/owner being shall we say, not politically correct.

Also, Kyle is an old fogey. The twitters told me so.

Hadn't heard of this either. Probably skipped over it in the numbness that is often the experience of my steam queue.

I went to their website to check it out. https://warhorsestudios.cz/index.php?page=games&lang=en
Interesting mix of a company. Deep Silver, CryEngine, Czech based, and graphics that look a lot like Witcher. For the $59.99 price tag I'll wait till some user reviews come out before purchase. That's a bit on the deep side for someone/something I've never heard of before.

Not much of a cutting edge gamer myself, but this game looks amazing. No magicz bull-shit kiddy crap. Realism, what a concept!

Never heard of the game either, but it's my type of game. I'll probably end up getting it, whenever it drops price.

I did not expect that much detail and depth, they went all out with how interactive everything in the world is. And the graphics are top shelf, I love riding into that first town, the forest to the left was perfect. I can’t get it though, wouldn’t stop playing and I have so many left to play!

I don't like games with tedious dragged out fighting sequences in it, and this looks just like the type. I've been following it's development for a few years and the fighting implementation was a worry early on already. But now seeing the final product my apprehension seems justified.
Also taking away from the game's value as an RPG for me is the fact that they lock you into a specific character with a specific background and even name.
So I can't say I'm excited about the game.

Just seems like a tedious version of skyrim without magic.

I don't like games with tedious dragged out fighting sequences in it, and this looks just like the type

I agree. I realize there's a total spectrum of tastes for fighting. I too am not a fan of drawn out fights. Most games are already going to have thousands of fights and long DNA button mashing gets old for me after a awhile. I kinda of had my fill of it during the PSone and PS2 days. To be fair though, I do know people that love that kind of thing. Thankfully, trainers and codes often have an instant kill option to alleviate such things.

It has not exactly gotten a huge amount of press lately. I'd forgotten about it myself until recently because it isn't a genre I follow closely. It is also somewhat known for its main developer/owner being shall we say, not politically correct.

Also, Kyle is an old fogey. The twitters told me so.
Was going to say. I've been following it for 3 years, myself. Daniel Vávra is being shunned by the gaming press because he won't kowtow to their politically correct criticisms unlike the big developers. I don't want to soapbox this, but I'll just say to lookup the MedievalPOC (Tumblr blog) drama. It's hilarious.

Nice, never heard of this either as I haven't been gaming much lately. Guess I will wait for the Christmas sale. Graphics look nice and gameplay appears to be good. Will wait for reviews indeed. I like the way this looks.

I heard of it, once, now that people posted gameplay. I remember dismissing it as looking like shit and probably being extremely tedious and boring.

i watched the various videos the game site has and pre-ordered it. looks to be interesting.

If you lose you sword you can mine for ore and through a long process of smelting, create metal and begin the multi-year long folding process. Just make sure to shave or you will find yourself tripping over your beard. Meanwhile your horse has died, well, because they just don't live that long.

"It’s also worth noting that Kingdom Come: Deliverance will not be using the Denuvo anti-tamper tech, will not have a Season Pass and will not have micro-transactions." https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrai...ets-a-brand-new-gameplay-trailer/#more-108595

This is a site I came across a couple of years ago when looking up SLI bits for either WItcher 3 or ROTR, I don't remember which at the time. Definitely some of the same stories you can find here but occasionally I'll find things I don't see anywhere else. Good site for news on game mods too. Not a fan of the name since it makes it hard to recommend to people who can't grasp that its not what they think it is. The above quote might just be enough to get me to buy the game day one just to give support to the devs.

Back