New NVIDIA drivers claim to provide big improvements

Shantarr

Limp Gawd
Not sure if this has been posted yet... (ran a search):

NVIDIA GeForce DirectX 12 Driver Imminent – 16% Average and Up To 33% Improvement in Latest AAA Gaming Titles Across Pascal GPU Lineup

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-...ascal/?utm_source=wccftech&utm_medium=related

EDIT:

Titles that are mentioned in NVIDIA’s news release include:

Ashes of The Singularity, Gears of War 4, Hitman, Rise of The Tomb Raider and Tom Clancy’s The Division.

EDIT#2:

Performance testing?...

https://videocardz.com/66680/nvidia-to-release-game-ready-driver-optimized-for-directx12

EDIT#3:

NVIDIA’s New GeForce Platform To Feature Aftermath Tool To Instantly Identify Causes of GPU Crashes

Last edited:
sounds good...so Maxwell is already at it's end of life cycle (in terms of driver improvements)?...sounds like Nvidia has had enough of AMD dominating DX12 performance

Which is amazing as on Feb 23rd there was a hotfix driver released which is version 387.77!

Reactions: DKS
like this
Nvidia is bringing the hammer to AMD- 1080ti, price cuts on 1080/1070, new DX12 driver, updated cards with faster memory...all that Vega hype and Nvidia is bringing some serious heat

Nvidia is bringing the hammer to AMD- 1080ti, price cuts on 1080/1070, new DX12 driver, updated cards with faster memory...all that Vega hype and Nvidia is bringing some serious heat

Yeah because AMD has RX 480 and it exactly does not perform close to GTX 1080/1070 go price cuts!!
Which card does the 1080TI exactly compete with ? Was that not Titan X , go Nvidia go!

does tile based rendering have to be activated via driver or is it already a part of the Maxwell and 1070/1080 architecture?

The article says:

At its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti launch event, NVIDIA revealed that its "Pascal" and "Maxwell" GPU architectures are capable of tile-based rendering, a feature that significantly improves video memory bandwidth utilization, leaving open the possibility that the company will enable the feature on other GeForce GTX 900 series and 10-series GPUs, through driver updates.

The article says:

At its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti launch event, NVIDIA revealed that its "Pascal" and "Maxwell" GPU architectures are capable of tile-based rendering, a feature that significantly improves video memory bandwidth utilization, leaving open the possibility that the company will enable the feature on other GeForce GTX 900 series and 10-series GPUs, through driver updates.

it's confusing because I thought it was part of the architecture itself...don't know why it would need to be 'enabled'

it's confusing because I thought it was part of the architecture itself...don't know why it would need to be 'enabled'

There's a lot of CPU/GPU features that exist in hardware but don't work unless "enabled" by the software.

Yeah because AMD has RX 480 and it exactly does not perform close to GTX 1080/1070 go price cuts!!
Which card does the 1080TI exactly compete with ? Was that not Titan X , go Nvidia go!

Nvidia has milked the Titan market. Nvidia will now milk the normal high performance market. I don't see your company here.

If that driver holds up, it just destroys the AMD DX12 myth even further.

If that driver holds up, it just destroys the AMD DX12 myth even further.
What myth , it only shows that Nvidia is coming around and finally doing some coding on their part after gambling on DX11.
Nvidia has milked the Titan market. Nvidia will now milk the normal high performance market. I don't see your company here.
It is not my company, all I can see is people getting screwed over months later by Nvidia for another card with the "same" specs for a different price, not to sure how anyone would view it otherwise.

What myth , it only shows that Nvidia is coming around and finally doing some coding on their part after gambling on DX11.

It is not my company, all I can see is people getting screwed over months later by Nvidia for another card with the "same" specs for a different price, not to sure how anyone would view it otherwise.

You mean you missed all the BS about DX12 and AMD vs Nvidia? NOoo... :p

Yeah, but will they let me GPU downclock at idle so I don't have to listen to the fan spinning up every 15 seconds?

It was more complex than that though.
The news recently confirms that Nvidia's priority was to get the full suite of GameWorks fully integrated with DX12 and async compute before offering a more general async compute and optimised DX12 experience.
Looks like they took a longer term development strategy and wanted to make sure they did not end up fragmenting the development.
Considering how large the GameWorks library suite is in terms of functions/simulations/lighting/etc it explains the time taken to reach this point.

Cheers

DX11 a gamble? Lol.

sounds good...so Maxwell is already at it's end of life cycle (in terms of driver improvements)?...sounds like Nvidia has had enough of AMD dominating DX12 performance
AMD HAS NOT dominated. Nvidia clearly holds the lead all this will do is expand the lead even greater.

And if AMD could be bothered to produce a single high end card they might be able to milk it too. ;)

Maybe I missed the sarcasm, but do you actually feel that AMD has CHOSEN to keep out of the high end card market?

Back