New Noctua Products at Computex 2018

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Krenum, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Overview of Noctua's new product line for 2018/2019

Pieter3dnow likes this.
  2. Aluminum

Aluminum Limp Gawd

Kinda disappointed they don't have any new TR4/SP3 models to show, esp with the higher TDP announced for big phat TR 2xxx.

The U9/12/14 versions are decent coolers for their height clearances but were also obvious quick-to-market adaptations of an existing designs for the huge heat-spreader. They basically admitted they went with the lesser U series as the D types would require more changes.

By now I would expect at least one new dedicated design with more/larger pipes, and dual towers or whatever too.

3. pek

pek prairie dog

Wait, black fans on a noctua? They can't work as well as the ugly baby-shit brown ones. I do want one of those huge damn fans. But I'd need a case that that would fit. Or maybe a heat sink that would USE that fan. And a case that it would fit in.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    honegod likes this.
  4. Spartacus09

Spartacus09 Limp Gawd

I'm stoked for this, I had to position my fans to be hidden because I like to blackout my case.

5. Pieter3dnow

Pieter3dnow [H]ardness Supreme

But that clearly is out of their league it works very well on 1 die but 2/4 that close. I'm guessing that it would need a good while to come up with something that does well and sadly that leaves water cooling as the only viable option if you are looking for over-clocking.

But then again they developed their own material for new fans as well so you never know.

6. Krenum

Im using a Fractal Design Meshify C to house my NH-D 15 & all Noctua "baby shit brown" fans, its glorious! :cool:

7. Spartacus09

Spartacus09 Limp Gawd

Nice I'm using the R5 blackout edition, it blocks out the front fans, I kept the rear exhaust one for the coloring (I still need to trade out the sata power for the dvd drive).
    I'm looking at the n7-z370-matte-black for a mobo/cpu/ram refresh to make everything more black :).

nhUQtB6l.jpg

Krenum likes this.
  8. Krenum

I still have my R5 Black Pearl. Trying to figure out if I want to sell it or put a retro system in it.

9. pek

pek prairie dog

Amazon is selling the black Noctuas now. little more expensive than the brown-ish ones. And looks like the grey one is a stripped model.