The new Nissan Leaf with a new technology they are calling the "e-Pedal." Accelerating and braking will be done with one pedal in the new Leaf, accelerating and decelerating function as normal, but now braking will be accomplished by letting off the pedal completely. Nissan says it will make driving more engaging. As a driving enthusiast, this sounds like hell for me. It also sounds quite dangerous, trying to change the muscle memory of every driver on the planet sounds like a task that will come with some accidents. My favorite is where Nissan says that 90% of driving tasks can be reliably completed using the e-Pedal. What about the other 10%? Is that where it kills you? Nissan says that 90 % of driving tasks can be reliably completed using the e-Pedal. It will even hold you stopped on an incline and will stop rapidly in a city. What is it for? Nissan says that e-Pedal is meant to increase enjoyment of driving.