New Nintendo Patent -> New DS?

Thats pretty sweet.

Man I wish Diablo would come out for the DS that would be awesome.

They won't segment their userbase, so maybe in their next handheld we'll see this. It is a pretty cool tecnhology, though!

And yes... more PC-style games on the DS, please? Starcraft? Adventure games? :D

Yeah I would love a b.net-enabled diablo II on ds.

By the thread's title I meant that the next-gen DS might employ this type of touch screen, or maybe this is related to the Revolution. I'm not sure how useful it would be on a DS, but imagine a large touch screen multiplayer game, where everybody was using a stylus to control something at the same time. That would be pretty sweet.

No, I think it would be more useful to do certain things with 2 fingers.

Imagine tilting a plane in pilot wings by having 2 fingers on the touch screen... by having 1 finger on the tip of each wing. That kinda stuff... Nintendo always seems to be trying to 1-up itself :p

steviep said:

Imagine tilting a plane in pilot wings by having 2 fingers on the touch screen... by having 1 finger on the tip of each wing. That kinda stuff... Nintendo always seems to be trying to 1-up itself :p

That's true. I think you would need two of those finger-tip stylus things to really make that sort of gameplay work well.

Oh man, can you imagine the coordination required for that though? Pianists would be great at those games!

And I still say my idea is a good one :p

This sounds closer to that rumor that the Revolution controller was going to have a touch screen instead of buttons.

finalgt said:
This sounds closer to that rumor that the Revolution controller was going to have a touch screen instead of buttons.

That's true, because a touch-screen controller would need to be able to detect touch on multiple places at once.

You can't replace the tactile feedback of a button on a touch screen, so that ain't gonna happen. Besides, they said it ain't gonna happen. If there's anything that should be paid attention on the Rev, it's that front panel underneath the disk drive. They said there's SD card slots there, and "something that hasn't been identified" as well... Look for that to be explained at E3 ;)

steviep said:

I remember watching a video a while back doing that.

It would detect multiple touches, and all, using two fingers...

Can't for the life of me remember what it was though. : /

Edit: Found it: http://www.youtube.com/?v=zp-y3ZNaCqs

Edit 2: The orignal thread can be found here (links to sources and whatnot http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1019885& )

Back