New Nintendo DSI XL!

I'd be weary of picking up a new DS, with the 3D version coming later this year. No clue why Nintendo would announce it so early. I imagine it'd eat into their sales.

If the past is any indication you may want to skip the first model of a new generation anyway.

This DSi XL is not new at all. It's been in Japan for the past year. I bought one about 8 months ago while in Japan.

meh, the resoultion is the same, just bigger pixels. I'm happy with my original fat DS for now.

Not much of a incentive to buy this when a new portable with 3D is coming out this year.

Not sure why people are saying this year because Nintendo has stated March of next year for the 3d console - if we're lucky because it was just announced and we usually get things months after they're released in Japan.

Not sure why people are saying this year because Nintendo has stated March of next year for the 3d console - if we're lucky because it was just announced and we usually get things months after they're released in Japan.

Nope, they said 2011 for US, and that Japan was getting it near the end of 2010.

Nope, they said 2011 for US, and that Japan was getting it near the end of 2010.

Wrong.
thats exactly what I said - March 2011 is exactly 1 year from now because last I checked it is currently March 2010, which is quite a few months after the device releases in Japan. :rolleyes:

They must be starting their marketing campaign early then. I just saw the DSi eat a mushroom and get bigger on TV.

Saw it for the first time today. Yes much bigger screen but the bigger pixels make things look more jaggy. Not impressed.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Wrong.
thats exactly what I said - March 2011 is exactly 1 year from now because last I checked it is currently March 2010, which is quite a few months after the device releases in Japan. :rolleyes:

LOL

In a few days, less than a year.

Saw it for the first time today. Yes much bigger screen but the bigger pixels make things look more jaggy. Not impressed.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

its not to impress you.
this model is for old people who cant see too well. it just turns out some people who can see want it too. I wont get one, as my DSi is just fine. But I can see how someone without a DS would decide to get one of these or the regular sized one.

I just got one, to give my DS lite a new friend.

What would make it better is some sort of PDF app or make it compete more with the iPod touch. Oh, and I wish Nintendo would make the music player read MP3s, instead of AAC files.

Not for me. I like the portability of the DS Lite/DSi, I wouldn't trade that off for a bigger screen. I suppose it's neat for people who mostly play their DS at home, though...or have really poor eyesight.

Back