new nintendo 3ds - february 13

Yeah pointing out the fact that your 100% wrong and that it has in fact been done by Nintendo, specifically in the hand held area but hey think what you want

See? You can't resist. Please since you can't help yourself give me an example , I'm actually curious because I don't remember any console they've updated that ran games at a faster frame rate or simply I've forgotten. Perhaps some of the older Gameboy's when they got upgraded to color?

See? You can't resist. Please since you can't help yourself give me an example , I'm actually curious because I don't remember any console they've updated that ran games at a faster frame rate or simply I've forgotten.

The DSi had exclusive games that the original DS could not run, and other games had features that were only available when being played on a DSi. DSi had a faster CPU and more RAM.

The DSi had exclusive games that the original DS could not run, and other games had features that were only available when being played on a DSi

"Exclusive" so meaning designed JUST for the DSi? That's not the same thing dude. I'm talking about standard 3DS games that are suppose to run the exact same on both the New 3DS and the old 3DS but in fact do not. More to the point I'm talking about frame rate differences or in the case of MH4U improved textures and better frame rates.

"Exclusive" so meaning designed JUST for the DSi? That's not the same thing dude. I'm talking about standard 3DS games that are suppose to run the exact same on both the New 3DS and the old 3DS but in fact do not. More to the point I'm talking about frame rate differences or in the case of MH4U improved textures and better frame rates.

I'll just leave this here http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/pdrydia/DSi-enhanced-titles-an-incomplete-list-1969.php

Only two games that really got a benefit from the newer CPU in the DSi was Sonic Classic and Pokemon, everything else was just camera benefits and whatnot.

Anyway

I know I am gonna get the "new" 3DS around the time of Xenoblade Chronicles release, when I am actually going to need it.

The new 3DS just seems like a minor update and a quick cash grab by Nintendo to me. They should be working on a new console or releasing a new console instead of one with such minor upgrades.

Personally I never had a problem with the 3D on the original 3DSXL, the nub looks like a cheap replacement for a circlepad pro (I'd rather have the CPP), and the graphical differences that I've seen even between the original 3DS and the "New" 3DS are relatively minor even in MU4............

The only exclusive that's being released for it is an old game that's been out on the old Wii for years.

The new 3DS just seems like a minor update and a quick cash grab by Nintendo to me. They should be working on a new console or releasing a new console instead of one with such minor upgrades.

Personally I never had a problem with the 3D on the original 3DSXL, the nub looks like a cheap replacement for a circlepad pro (I'd rather have the CPP), and the graphical differences that I've seen even between the original 3DS and the "New" 3DS are relatively minor even in MU4............

The only exclusive that's being released for it is an old game that's been out on the old Wii for years.

Xenoblade Chronicles, which I own for the Wii..... supposedly there are "minor" graphical enhancements for the "new" 3DS version over the Wii version, we shall see.

Either way, I plan on picking one up anyway during Xenoblades release.

And supposedly there will be more "exclusives" later down the road. who knows.

Xenoblade Chronicles, which I own for the Wii..... supposedly there are "minor" graphical enhancements for the "new" 3DS version over the Wii version, we shall see.

Either way, I plan on picking one up anyway during Xenoblades release.

And supposedly there will be more "exclusives" later down the road. who knows.

I doubt there will be that many other exclusives considering that publishers will be taking a huge hit if they just cater to those that bought the updated 3DS. Also considering the fact the DSi only had a few exclusives over the DS (only ended up being 5 games, all of which are meh.)

I doubt there will be that many other exclusives considering that publishers will be taking a huge hit if they just cater to those that bought the updated 3DS. Also considering the fact the DSi only had a few exclusives over the DS (only ended up being 5 games, all of which are meh.)

Maybe not, but as with MH4U they might just make the games run faster / look better on the new hardware, but still work on both.

I put over 100 hours into MH3U on the 3DS so getting the N3DS was a no-brainer. Plus I wanted the special edition MH4U one, which sold out pretty quickly.

I know people keep mentioning that the new 3DS will make newer games look better (for the most part) but I've looked up comparison videos and images and can hardly see the difference.

It's like comparing PS2 graphics to XBOX graphics, very very minor especially considering the console already plays games at a very low resolution.

The reason why I won't be getting a new 3DS is because it's not worth the $100 price difference to me (selling original 3DS and buying a new 3DS. With that kind of money I'd rather put down an extra hundred or two and get a next gen console.

I tried out MH4U and don't get the appeal. It seems like a hack and slash where you just keep killing monsters and upgrading gear.

I tried out MH4U and don't get the appeal. It seems like a hack and slash where you just keep killing monsters and upgrading gear.

It's not for me either, but some people really like that style of game.

I know people keep mentioning that the new 3DS will make newer games look better (for the most part) but I've looked up comparison videos and images and can hardly see the difference.

It's like comparing PS2 graphics to XBOX graphics, very very minor especially considering the console already plays games at a very low resolution.

The reason why I won't be getting a new 3DS is because it's not worth the $100 price difference to me (selling original 3DS and buying a new 3DS. With that kind of money I'd rather put down an extra hundred or two and get a next gen console.

Early on maybe, but later on it is absolutely not a hack in slash. It actually has rather complex mechanics

Early on maybe, but later on it is absolutely not a hack in slash. It actually has rather complex mechanics

Interesting. Would you consider it strategic at all at certain points and is it harder than Dark Souls?

I only came to my conclusion after playing the demo, it felt too easy (I've heard that the starting characters are OP though in the demo to make it easy.).

Every Nintendo portable in generation update is a cash grab. That's why its worked for them. Its a cheap tactic but people are happy to pay (full disclosure I have). Right now New 3DS XL's are a bitch to get (probably because of the Port strike in Cali) so the rarity will only add to the hype.

I will say that I notice quite a few games running smoother than before. So if you play your 3DS a lot then this is a sensible upgrade otherwise if you play only infrequently just wait for a price drop.

Interesting. Would you consider it strategic at all at certain points and is it harder than Dark Souls?

I only came to my conclusion after playing the demo, it felt too easy (I've heard that the starting characters are OP though in the demo to make it easy.).

Monster Hunter is all about learning a monster's moveset/behavior, mastering the weapon(s) that you use, and avoiding getting hit. MH4U has 75 large monsters (which includes variants that are the same base monsters with different abilities/movesets), and 14 different weapon types, all of which handle and play drastically differently from each other. There is a lot of nuance and skill involved in learning the weapons...combos, timings, special attacks, etc.

I don't actually like Dark Souls but in terms of the combat being more related to dodging and skill rather than just "hack and slash", the two games are somewhat similar. Difficulty wise...not sure since I didn't play much Dark Souls. But in the higher ranks of MonHun it can be extremely difficult.

And yes, the demo gave you extremely high-end weapons to fight low-rank monsters, so it's not a great representation of the actual game difficulty.

I'm definitely not on the fence. I've been trying to pick one up, but they're not available around me at the moment. I don't know if it's really the port strike, or if that's just an excuse. They should start flying them in to somewhere that isn't striking.

30 hours into monster hunter, MUST PLAY MORE!!!

Seriously though, I went from an old basic 3ds for MH3, to this new one for MH4, and I LOVE the bigger screen, and the built in camera control stick.

I just got a 32gb sd card to throw in last night so I can buy more stuff off the eshop for 1 playthrough :p

Im doing the transfer process right now , i have to say its stupidly complex. But the new 3ds XL feels amazing in hand.

Cant wait to use it more! feels way more comfortable in my hand than the 3dsXL

wow... just rolled into a big bump there... my original 4gb sd card in my 3dsXL have more space than the 4gb micro sd one inside the N3dsXL.

I cant transfer the nintendo 3ds folder over.... this SUCKS.

I have 64gb cards in mine and my sons they are so cheap now. Transfer is super easy I never understand why people are so confused by it.

Not confused. Just complex for nothing imo.

I have a bigger micro sd card ordered. I used the one included while waiting for my new one. Since my old 3ds had a 4gb one i never tought the transfer folder wouldnt fit into the 4gb micro sd card.

I was lucky. I erased a folder in the nintendo 3ds transfer files and luckily it was the demo from codename steam. All working now.

Just picked one up last night finally, and started a Majora's Mask play-through. Enjoying it so far. I think the placement of the camera nub-thing could have been just a bit better, but it's a lot more responsive than I thought it would be. I was expecting track-point in a laptop response, but it's quite a bit better I think. The unfortunate thing, is even though this is larger than the non-XL 3DS, my hands seem to be just a touch too big for it. Using the shoulder buttons is a bit of a chore. Otherwise it's tip-top. Nice and fast, and even the WiFi speed seems to be better, but maybe that's psychological. The face tracking works very well. Occasionally with high-contrast scenes, it can ghost very slightly when not held at a good angle, but most of the time it just works, and very well. Might give PilotWings a try on it, as I still have the cartridge laying around somewhere. I think it would benefit from the bigger screen somewhat.

I also have yet to play Link Between Worlds, so I'll probably pick that up after I get through MM.

Anyway, quite happy I picked one up.

I ordered a Hori N3DSXL clear case that should hopefully get here next month (I guess they are backordered up the wazzu?), but I also got one for my Zelda 3DSXL and it does feel better in the hand with the added thickness, plus protection for the designs while still being able to see them. So I'm looking forward to that, because I agree with J3RK, in my hands it still feels a bit small.

Wi-Fi speed is definitely faster, I think that's one of the features they mentioned early on actually. Probably using an N chip instead of G or whatever.

I have mixed feelings about the C-nub. On the one hand, not having to use a CPP is awesome. On the other, the C-nub is not nearly as nice as having a second analog stick. It works okay, but the placement feels a bit weird (again, like J3RK mentioned)...I feel like I accidentally hit the top button sometimes when I reach for it.

Also, I haven't tried Majora's Mask yet, but is the C-nub actually analog? In MH4U it doesn't seem to be, the camera only moves at one speed. But that could just be the game itself.

Opinion of 3dsXL owners.

If you have to pick one would you get a Wii U or 3DS. I got us a Wii U but feel like the 3DS has the better games in general. That and the 3ds could be played in bed etc while the Wii U is hooked up to the same TV as my PC and PS4.

Thinking about swapping my Wii U for two 3DSXLs for the wife and I. She could get her Mario kart fix anywhere in the house then.

Thoughts?

Depends on if you want to trade much better graphics for portability, and if the 3DS game library appeals to you more.

I don't own a Wii U, so I can't really say which is better. I've played one before, but not enough to really make that determination. I do love my 3DSXL(s), though.

I own a Wii U and a new 3ds , both are amazing.

would keep the Wii U and get a 3ds . 1 of each.

I have both as well, and I wouldn't give either up. They compliment each other very well.

I'm still hoping that 3DS games make it to the Wii-U at some point (in 2D, obviously). And I'm also hoping that, with the new hardware refresh, the 3DS could be used as a replacement to the gamepad...

I agree that I wouldn't want one or the other, but both. Also, yes, you can play the Wii U in bed. (unless it's not friendly to your particular house layout or something.) My bedroom is on the top floor, and my Wii U is on the middle floor. I'm able to play no problem in bed. I do have one spot in the house that's kinda dead for the Wii U gamepad, but that's because it's on the opposite side of the brick chimney that goes through the house. Works fine on other floors though.

I agree that I wouldn't want one or the other, but both. Also, yes, you can play the Wii U in bed. (unless it's not friendly to your particular house layout or something.) My bedroom is on the top floor, and my Wii U is on the middle floor. I'm able to play no problem in bed. I do have one spot in the house that's kinda dead for the Wii U gamepad, but that's because it's on the opposite side of the brick chimney that goes through the house. Works fine on other floors though.

Wii U upstairs and master bed is down. The Game Pad cuts out about half way down the stairs.

:(

I use my Wii U Gamepad to play a couple games of Mario Kart from bed, works great from 3 rooms away, same floor.

That's all I've been using my Wii U for since the holidays :D

I see you guys talking about the Wii U and 3DS complementing each other, but how many games with cross-platform play are there really? I know you can do it with MH3U but are there many others?

I will probably pick up a Wii U at some point...probably around new Zelda / Star Fox time. :cool:

I see you guys talking about the Wii U and 3DS complementing each other, but how many games with cross-platform play are there really? I know you can do it with MH3U but are there many others?

I will probably pick up a Wii U at some point...probably around new Zelda / Star Fox time. :cool:

No idea on this. I just think there's good reason to own both. Not even in the context of using the two together. The Zelda games alone on the 3DS are worth the price of the system IMO. (even though two are remakes) Also, you can take the 3DS with you outside the house if you want. I'll be going on a trip soon, and it'll be nice to have this quality of games on the plane, in the hotel when I'm not doing other things, etc.

I would be interested to hear more about the cross platform support though too.

Opinion of 3dsXL owners.

If you have to pick one would you get a Wii U or 3DS. I got us a Wii U but feel like the 3DS has the better games in general. That and the 3ds could be played in bed etc while the Wii U is hooked up to the same TV as my PC and PS4.

Thinking about swapping my Wii U for two 3DSXLs for the wife and I. She could get her Mario kart fix anywhere in the house then.

Thoughts?

Do you travel a bunch? Even going from friend to friend's place and such? Do you see yourself wanting entertainment for long stretches of time but with a on the go solution?

Then get a New 3DS XL hands down. 3DS has an absurdly rich library of great and now cheap games.

If you don't travel a ton and want Nintendo's higher end offerings the Wii U is where its at now that its getting great games.

However the 3DS library is massive and the arcade games available for it through the Eshop are fantastic gems. If I was forced to only have one I would pick the 3DS.

So, question;

Should I get a EU New 3DS XL

Reason being, I am finding a lot of "Limited" or "Collectors Editions" of games that I want, I like the items you get from the EU versions better and I would like to not have to buy 2 versions of a game (EU Collectors or Limited AND a standard NA game). Should I just go ahead and get a N3DS EU? I plan on keeping my Original 3DS XL for my son anyway, so I can still play my NA backlog that way.

And if I recall correctly, I can still play with my son on a NA game even if I am in a EU game.... right?

I am pretty sure the 3DS and 3DS games are region locked. So I don't think that would work.

That is as far as playing a NA game on EU console and vice-versa. Not sure about multiplayer compatibility, but I have heard of people from NA playing MH4U with Europeans, so maybe it works?

Back