new nintendo 3ds - february 13

This is sexy.....

Isn't it?
I would love to get this for my regular New 3DS*, if I was buying one.
It's really cool that you can just change the faceplates** like that on the regular size model*.

(*Regular size New 3DS, not available in NA. Because NOA.)
(**XL does not faceplate change. You can't buy a regular size one that does. Because NOA...)

I hope everyone enjoys their XL's.... I really do.

Is this available to order from Amazon? The only one I can find that's not an import is the heavily overpriced Zelda Edition, which I don't care about one bit.

can anyone tell me how are they gonna do system transfer in EBgames/gamestop ? seems like it takes forever when you do it wireless.

can anyone tell me how are they gonna do system transfer in EBgames/gamestop ? seems like it takes forever when you do it wireless.

Copy your sd card to PC then use the PC transfer option its faster go home and copy stuff from PC to sd card and your done. Seems to be best way. I'm selling my two xl on amazon have a Mario Luigi dream team and a blue and black xl that are like new with boxes so their lousy 100 is no deal.

Pre-ordered my N3DSXL on the 6th and it arrives 2 days before launch? I mean, OK. Sure. Why not.

Any good deals on trade ins/upgrades for a 3DS XL to New 3DS XL? I have a Mario/Luigi Edition if that matters.

If I were to get a new system, would I be able to transfer Mario & Luigi Dream Team? I like the game and don't want to loose it.

Any good deals on trade ins/upgrades for a 3DS XL to New 3DS XL? I have a Mario/Luigi Edition if that matters.

If I were to get a new system, would I be able to transfer Mario & Luigi Dream Team? I like the game and don't want to loose it.

Just saw this article which answers your question. It's not the smoothest process, mind you. Looks like you can even keep your charger, but lose $10 on the trade-in value.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/11/8021989/gamestop-nintendo-new-3ds-xl

if i read right... i could backup my system on my pc at home , bring the 3ds to eb/gamestop and then use the backup on my pc for the N3ds? I really dont want to lose all my games.

Go to GameStop. Purchase a $200 New 3DS XL
Take your system home, go through the transfer process
Take your existing system and your new system back to GameStop
Return your new system for a full refund of $200
Trade-in your existing system for $100
Rebuy your New 3DS XL, use the $100 credit to pay for half the purchase

What a mess, this should be a clear indication to Nintendo that they need to get their online system together. This shouldn't be more complicated than doing a cloud backup of your game data, buying a new system, then having that cloud backup restore your game data + download purchased games again.

:mad:

I think I screwed up getting my wife and I a wii U... Probably should have just gotten us each a new 3DS.

Has Smash, Mario Kart, Zelda, Two old Zelda's etc...

Oh well.

Just saw this article which answers your question. It's not the smoothest process, mind you. Looks like you can even keep your charger, but lose $10 on the trade-in value.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/11/8021989/gamestop-nintendo-new-3ds-xl

How would I return an opened system to Gamespot? I assume we need both for a system transfer? Gamespot, at least here, seems to be very strict on returns. Essentially, no returns unless it is broken. I recall them telling me they don't return unopened systems either.

with this video , seems you need both system.

Yes you do. There is no way around that but you can back up the old card to PC and in store do the PC transfer method if store has open WiFi then go home and copy your stuff back on the card. If your not comfortable with that don't trade it in. I'm selling both my xl's later because I don't want to do that in store.

How would I return an opened system to Gamespot? I assume we need both for a system transfer? Gamespot, at least here, seems to be very strict on returns. Essentially, no returns unless it is broken. I recall them telling me they don't return unopened systems either.

Yar, the transfer/return process is all sorts of weirdness. Looks like they'll accept just your receipt for the 'return' of the new 3DS xl, but it's still a strange process. You might want to talk to the store directly just to confirm the online information.

Here's hoping Nintendo incorporates an account system at some point.

:mad:

I think I screwed up getting my wife and I a wii U... Probably should have just gotten us each a new 3DS.

Has Smash, Mario Kart, Zelda, Two old Zelda's etc...

Oh well.

Just buy a 3DS also... that's what I'm planning to do :D

Any reviews on the new 3D with tracking? I'm on the fence as my 3DSXL is doing just fine for me right now...

Any reviews on the new 3D with tracking? I'm on the fence as my 3DSXL is doing just fine for me right now...

My initial use is very positive. The tracking works very well and I never get any of the double or ghost images my old XL gets if I am not looking at it properly. When you move your head, it does flicker every so slightly, hardly noticeable and no flicker when you aren't moving. I imagine this is just the 3D getting altered because I am moving and nothing else as my friends does the same thing.

Its amazing. Seriously they've managed to fix the single biggest issue with the 3DS at large. It tracks very accurately and it locks on in about 2 seconds if you suddenly and rapidly move your head around. It makes games that have poor 3D implementation a charm to play and for the games where 3D is actually well developed it makes them look perfect. No more headaches , no more eye strain. The screen also auto dims much more efficiently now instead of huge changes in brightness randomly.

If you hated the 3D on the original its very likely you'll change your tune now. That's how much of a game changer it is.

Also the multitasking is just great. Moving between games , windows and just everything is far smoother. Even though its still a massively overpriced portable console its been refined to the point that if you have a decent library of 3DS games you are the target audience of the New 3DS XL.

Its amazing. Seriously they've managed to fix the single biggest issue with the 3DS at large. It tracks very accurately and it locks on in about 2 seconds if you suddenly and rapidly move your head around. It makes games that have poor 3D implementation a charm to play and for the games where 3D is actually well developed it makes them look perfect. No more headaches , no more eye strain. The screen also auto dims much more efficiently now instead of huge changes in brightness randomly.

If you hated the 3D on the original its very likely you'll change your tune now. That's how much of a game changer it is.

Also the multitasking is just great. Moving between games , windows and just everything is far smoother. Even though its still a massively overpriced portable console its been refined to the point that if you have a decent library of 3DS games you are the target audience of the New 3DS XL.

I could not agree more I could not use the 3d at all before and now I love it I used to always see double and that is gone.

I upgraded from the original 3DS today. Overall image quality is just not as sharp. Resolution is lower because of the larger screen, no doubt about it. Still looks pretty good. Tracking 3D is a big step up but of course the resolution being lower takes some of the wow out of this unit for me. I do not believd this is worth $200 for an upgrade. Its really not an upgrade. Its really depressing that Nintendo just can't get out of the sub HD resolution dark ages. Majora's Mask looks just plain ugly. Its also my least favorite game in the series. Sort of wish I saved my $.

Actually I take that back. A Link Between Worlds looks as good or better on new XL. The larger screen and tracking 3D makes up for the negligible loss of resolution. Ocarina and Majora's Mask suffer from it though, but those are remakes. Ocarina really deserves a higher resolution.

I'm betting Mario Land looks great too. I think more polygon like 64 based remakes suffer a bit on the larger screen. The smaller new 3DS would have been a nice middle ground but alas, not available in the US.

Picked mine up about an hour before Gamestop closed last night. It took them ten minutes to find it because it was the only one left in the store. I was told that Gamestop was sold out, company-wide. Still haven't opened it yet...too much going on but I have Monday off so looking forward to playing something. May go back and snag a few games today--have The Dark Spire, Etrian Odyssey, and Chrono Trigger on deck.

Actually I take that back. A Link Between Worlds looks as good or better on new XL. The larger screen and tracking 3D makes up for the negligible loss of resolution. Ocarina and Majora's Mask suffer from it though, but those are remakes. Ocarina really deserves a higher resolution.

I'm betting Mario Land looks great too. I think more polygon like 64 based remakes suffer a bit on the larger screen. The smaller new 3DS would have been a nice middle ground but alas, not available in the US.

Screen size doesn't change resolution, it changes pixels per inch. They all have the same resolution, but what makes them look a little worse is that the smaller ones have a higher number of pixels per inch of screen, while the larger ones have the same amount of pixels in a larger space. They're all 800x240 (or 400x240 per eye in 3D) but the normal 3DS has a 3.53" screen while the N3DSXL has a 4.88" one.

I wish NOA had released the normal one as well. I like the larger screens of the XL, but I really like the customizable case on the normal N3DS. NOA is passing up a big chance to make money buy selling those things. I'd be all over that Majora's Mask one that was released in Japan and Europe.

Ordered a black N3DS XL from BestBuy to be shipped to my house. That was a mistake as it still hasn't shipped yet but my friend who chose the in-store pickup option got his on release.

I already have a old 3DS XL so I'm pretty patient about it plus the only game I'm really looking forward to is Xenoblade 3D. I have it on Wii but never beat it and moved on so hopefully I can find the inner strength to beat it on a handheld.

I want to pick up a WiiU for Xenoblade X but there is literally nothing else I want to play on that system besides Wind Waker HD. First world problems I tells ya...

Just saying... I hated the cheap hollow feeling of the old XL. New XL feels a lot better in hand, lot less flex in the casing. I'm TO'd NOA is not releasing the smaller model. Maybe they will in the future but I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe my hands are just big, but I can't imagine trying to hold something smaller than the 3DSXL comfortably for a long period. Hell, I actually prefer the feel of the Circle Pad Pro on the XL rather than just the XL itself.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
so... i need to go pick up my reservation for the N3DSXL. Anyone have any gripe with it?

cant wait to finish luigi mansion with 3d enabled!

I love mine so far (apart from needing a grip)

Playing mh4u, Zelda mm, and mk7

I upgraded. After doing the system transfer found a stuck pixel in the top screen. And of course nintendos account system is horrible so im not even sure what to do. FML

I grabbed one. I'm loving the new finish. Kind of a metallic red.

I love the new 3DS XL. There is nothing wrong with it, in almost every way its better than my old XL. I am actually using 3D to play now.

Yeah, I got my MH4 N3DSXL yesterday, did the system transfer which went flawlessly, and started in on some MH4U. I like the N3DS a lot...3D is FAR better, and overall it is just faster. Graphics are better in MH4U as well. The C Stick will take some getting used to (feels a bit stiff on the responsiveness), but I like not having to use a CPP.

Its not just the 3D apparently its also the hardware. People are noticing increased frame rates in games like SSB3DS and giant PQ increase in MH4U. Some are noticing it in lots of other games as well.

It seems Nintendo has committed the cardinal sin of not adhering to parity between updated consoles inside of the same generation.

Looks like this could come back to bite them on the ass a bit. I'm frankly surprised they would do that as they have not done so before.

Its not just the 3D apparently its also the hardware. People are noticing increased frame rates in games like SSB3DS and giant PQ increase in MH4U. Some are noticing it in lots of other games as well.

It seems Nintendo has committed the cardinal sin of not adhering to parity between updated consoles inside of the same generation.

Looks like this could come back to bite them on the ass a bit. I'm frankly surprised they would do that as they have not done so before.

..........................................................................not even gonna bother

Back