new nintendo 3ds - february 13

Oh, and the lack of an AC adapter is just a plain dick move, Nintendo.

I agree with this too. I have three spares of the right type kicking around my house right now, so I would be their target for this decision, but I still would prefer they included it. It just means I can leave them in more places instead of re-plugging them every time I move around. Or I can take one with me without worrying too much about it. It's required hardware for the primary function of the system.

That is a stupid decision on their part. I back a lot of what they do, but not this. That said, I wanted an XL anyway this time, so no problem, but I agree with you. I'd still like to know if the XL screens are bigger than the old XL too though.

They're not.
http://i.imgur.com/WP4hbdG.jpg

And whatever about sales numbers. Realize that Australia has every model. Let that sink in for a minute. A market that doesn't compare in the slightest to NA... NOA is retarded as always.

Might pick up a Vita while I'm there.

You don't want to do this.. Waste of money.. 95% useless shovelware. I returned mine in less than two weeks.. It's just a horrible portable system that is slower than the Wii U at launch and with almost zero must have games... The original PSP is a better investment by leaps and bounds.

No AC adaptor, microSD-only, and it's internal!?

Well... I use my 3DS XL enough to consider a sidegrade... and the card inside mine is already a microSD+adaptor, anyways.

I'll think about it. It seemed like half of my gaming was split across my Vita and 3DS last year, with the Vita being more of a trophy grind, and the 3DS just having games I liked to play. That being said, all of the gaming added up probably amounted to less than 100 hours, lol (and a lot of that were kinect games o.0).

No AC adaptor, microSD-only, and it's internal!?

Well... I use my 3DS XL enough to consider a sidegrade... and the card inside mine is already a microSD+adaptor, anyways.

I'll think about it. It seemed like half of my gaming was split across my Vita and 3DS last year, with the Vita being more of a trophy grind, and the 3DS just having games I liked to play. That being said, all of the gaming added up probably amounted to less than 100 hours, lol (and a lot of that were kinect games o.0).

The memory card is under the user removable back cover.

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/features

Enough new feature plus I can finally use the 3d

You don't want to do this.. Waste of money.. 95% useless shovelware. I returned mine in less than two weeks.. It's just a horrible portable system that is slower than the Wii U at launch and with almost zero must have games... The original PSP is a better investment by leaps and bounds.

Primarily interested in RPGs. Wanted to try Demon Gaze and also a few PS1 Classics like Suikoden 1 and 2. Still haven't ruled out doing the Classics on a PS3, which would be about the same price as the Vita. Just not sure how awful the old games are going to look on a 42" LCD.

The only reason to get a Vita at this point is if you have been a PS+ subscriber and have qued every free game for at least a year, love PS1 and indie games in the go and if you import your library.

They have like 6 retail NA games worth owning.

The 3DS is a much better investment. I wouldn't trade mine in for a 100 bucks for this because of the library I have built up though.

I don't see the point for someone to come in now to that platform. I only ever use mine to try the new PS+ games and to play PS4 on the shitter.

The only reason to get a Vita at this point is if you have been a PS+ subscriber and have qued every free game for at least a year, love PS1 and indie games in the go and if you import your library.

They have like 6 retail NA games worth owning.

The 3DS is a much better investment. I wouldn't trade mine in for a 100 bucks for this because of the library I have built up though.

I don't see the point for someone to come in now to that platform. I only ever use mine to try the new PS+ games and to play PS4 on the shitter.

Pretty much this. Really enjoyed Persona4 on the Vita, but mostly have it to play the PS1 classics and Indie titles. I played a bit with remote play for Destiny, and it worked fine for loot cave grinding while pooping, but given the option to play on the Vita or a PS4 controller, I'd take the controller.

Still, the Indie titles (and there's been a lot released for free if you have PS+) have kept me active with the console. It just hurts when you look across at the other major handheld and see what's being released for that platform.

Dang, should have pre-ordered the MH4U edition one when I had the chance. Went to my local GameStop and the pre-orders were sold out. :(

Maybe they'll release some more before Feb 13...

i decided to wait for the NEW 3ds charger edition...

some decisions nintendo are making are a fucking joke.

Wow... I was gearing up to upgrade my 3DS XL to one of these but man Nintendo dropped the ball big time here.

1. I have to transfer my games and saves to a new unit? Why don't I just sign in and use my content? That makes trading my old unit in towards the new one impossible if I want to maintain my game saves/purchases, that's fucked.

2. The memory card is stuffed under a hard to open cover, secured by tiny little screws and only comes with a 4GB card out of the box? WTF in this world of digital downloads. Nice that they moved to Micro SD so I can't use my previous card. Sweet.

3. Doesn't come with a charging Adapter and EB Games requires me to trade all of my current 3DS XL accessories (including AC adapter, stylus etc.). EB Games only sells new knockoff branded chargers for $16.99. Seriously? You want me to use an off brand charger for my brand new game system?

Seriously, this is a f*n joke. I'll just stick with what I have and carry on.

Can't really disagree with the criticisms, though for the SD card thing I will say that I have never had reason to remove the SD card from my 3DSXL since I got it, so being under a cover is pretty inconsequential. It's not like you can just move games over to a new console on the card (which is part of your #1 criticism, incidentally), and now you can apparently wirelessly transmit any other files, so it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Changing the form factor to microSD is pretty shitty though. MicroSD cards are cheap, but it's still a BS move.

The stuff about EB Games sounds shitty but that's not really Nintendo-related, other than them not including a charger, which I agree is pretty lame.

The SD to microSD move doesn't bother me much, it's still a common (and cheap) memory option. My vita is still equipped with its stock 8GB card because I'm too cheap to purchase something larger (the 32GB option currently retails for $79.99 here). What the bigger issue is (and what others have mentioned) is the lack of a easy content transfer.

Also, Nintendo's reasoning for not including an adapter is crap. If they were so concerned about having to charge consumers extra to include an AC adapter, why not just design the new console to be charged via microUSB or other common connector instead of a proprietary cord?

I will wait for a Xenoblade edition of the "new" 3ds, since that will be the first official game to require the actual "new" 3DS.

1. I have to transfer my games and saves to a new unit? Why don't I just sign in and use my content? That makes trading my old unit in towards the new one impossible if I want to maintain my game saves/purchases, that's fucked.

Nah; any decent sale would include the ability to transfer your files during the trade in. I know Gamestop is allowing you to do this.

2. The memory card is stuffed under a hard to open cover, secured by tiny little screws and only comes with a 4GB card out of the box? WTF in this world of digital downloads. Nice that they moved to Micro SD so I can't use my previous card. Sweet.
Not really a big deal. I don't even know what size memory card I have in my 3DS, but I haven't touched it since the day I put it in there. I don't know why one would want to remove it often unless you're maybe doing things that weren't intended to be done with the console...

3. Doesn't come with a charging Adapter and EB Games requires me to trade all of my current 3DS XL accessories (including AC adapter, stylus etc.). EB Games only sells new knockoff branded chargers for $16.99. Seriously? You want me to use an off brand charger for my brand new game system?
This is a head scratcher for me. This saves them what -- $1 per unit? 50 cents? Probably less? And costs the consumer $20? If the unit used a standard usb cable for charging, I could see it -- everyone has tons of these. But it doesn't... weird choice indeed.

Went in the store and pre-ordered the MH4U edition. Value shipping is kind of a joke, but I'm not in a hurry.

This is a head scratcher for me. This saves them what -- $1 per unit? 50 cents? Probably less? And costs the consumer $20? If the unit used a standard usb cable for charging, I could see it -- everyone has tons of these. But it doesn't... weird choice indeed.

You solved the riddle without realizing it. They maximize profits by selling it separately. Using a standard charging cable would reduce profits

This would be the case if you could buy the OEM charger from Nintendo instead of knock offs at local retailers. Probably no money being made on the unlicensed chargers...

Heck EL has a huge ad for a knockoff charger right on their new 3ds page.

Yeah, if I had to buy a charger, I wouldn't buy a first party one. I would actually snag the one that was posted above -- 3DS to USB. That way I could charge it anywhere, as everyone has the plug to USB adapters now.

Yeah, if I had to buy a charger, I wouldn't buy a first party one. I would actually snag the one that was posted above -- 3DS to USB. That way I could charge it anywhere, as everyone has the plug to USB adapters now.

I have those cables since I have outlets with USB installed throughout my house.

I actually found one of these at a Goodwill...USB to 3DS/DS/GBA (I think) multi-charger.

If I have the money I'll pick one up. Otherwise I'll probably wait until April, closer to the release of the port of Xenoblade.

Pre-ordered from Target since I found a 5$ off coupon plus signed up for RedCard debit and got an additional 5% off, getting me a couple of bucks off MSRP. That time closing/opening games and other things like eShop kills me, especially when trying to collect streetpasses.

And I'll sell my 3DS XL on Craigslist for like $140+, so it won't be a big money drop.

Im going to get one as well. I dropped my 3ds xl a month ago and the left shoulder button is now flimsy. Still works but for how long. Also the back panel isnt holding that good. So im gettin the 100$ eb offer and selling it that way. They wont notice those small problems.

Wish i could find a zelda n3ds

Pre-ordered MH4U Edition from Gamestop, but chose Value shipping so probably won't get it for a week or two. It's okay, I'm massively busy this week and some of next anyway.

I didnt pre-order but Ill get one. I wont go out of my way to get one though if everyone is sold out. I mainly just want one because it seems the 3D actually works this time and the loading times are so crazy.

Traded in my old 3ds towards a new one at Gamestop (I know, evil)

Forgot to buy an AC along with the games I bought/preordered (MH4U, So ready)

Went back by at lunch today to snag the AC and found out that they're going to do midnight release, so I'll have mine Thursday at midnight, just in time for my weekend away (hooray for something to do other than TV while the wife wants to run on the treadmill at the hotel)

My primary reason for buying one was for Monster Hunter and not having to use the circle pad for another analog stick.

Also picked up Majora's Mask pre-order, and Mario Kart 7.

Should be fun, I've really been enjoying Nintendo after having not played them for 10-12 years.

6dboA9H.jpg

Available worldwide*
(*Except North America. Because NOA...)

Back