New Night City Wire for 2077 Impressions 11-17-2020

Grimlakin

[H]ard|Gawd
Watched a special edition night city wire that dropped showing Xbox x and Xbox S footage from the game. Some notes..

1. The textures looked low res. (there is a reason follow along.)

2. The game looked interesting still but just... more cell shaded a feel than I expected.

3. No delay on game release announced. Confirmed the 10th of December is still the date.

Now the actual news that dropped.

Xbox 1, and Xbox X, S. All get the same version of the game on the 10th with a future unannounced date for the 'next gen' upgrade package for those on next gen consoles. They stated this would be the same for PS4/5.

So yea no delay... unless you wanted the higher fidelity version for your next gen console... then so sorry... not yet. But it's coming and it will be free.

Now the actual news that dropped.

Xbox 1, and Xbox X, S. All get the same version of the game on the 10th with a future unannounced date for the 'next gen' upgrade package for those on next gen consoles. They stated this would be the same for PS4/5.

So yea no delay... unless you wanted the higher fidelity version for your next gen console... then so sorry... not yet. But it's coming and it will be free.
That's actually not new information. That has been known for weeks.

Here is the video. It streamed live on Twitch and Youtube.

These were my impressions:

Looks solid on One X (last gen). So....pc players with cards like the RX 580, should be pretty happy.

One X frametimes seemed a bit rough. Likely due to the weakness of the Jaguar CPU cores.

Series X definitely had some higher settings going on. Particularly with lighting and screen space reflections. No ray tracing shown yet. It looks like they are doing some shader or voxel based global illumination, though.
Framerate was notably smoother on Series X. However, there was still noticeable pop-in during outdoor driving segments.

42GB patch before you can play on Xbox series X. My pre-order copy came today from Amazon.

Attachments

• C9341A83-635B-43C9-9ECE-190D7D1DB6C5.jpeg
    C9341A83-635B-43C9-9ECE-190D7D1DB6C5.jpeg
    329 KB · Views: 0
Hey guys. I bought Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC and Xbox Series X and monitor Aorus FI27Q. Will be plugging in monday console. Pc will wait for rest parts.
My question is. Is this good game on new console and how many fps i will get ? Thanks :*

I've seen quite a few comparisons on youtube regarding console performance. On XBSX you get a constant 60 fps with some dips into the mid 50s. PC will obviously get a better experience if you have a good rig.

The worst console to buy it for is base XB1, XB1S, PS4, PS4Slim avoid buying on these at all cost.

Back