New Nexus Specs Leaked

Warrior

[H]F Junkie
Oh, yes....

http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/08/0...i-nexus-specs-leaked/?utm_source=ausdroid.net

According to the leak, the new Nexus 5 will feature a 5.2-inch full HD 1080p P-OLED display, the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 620 (MSM8976) processor, up to 4GB of LPDDR3-1866 RAM, up to 64GB of eMMC 5.1 internal storage, a 3180mAh non-removable battery, a MediaTek MT3188 wireless charging receiver, and a Marvell Avastar 88W8897 connectivity chipset for 802.11ac Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth 4.2.

The leak also reveals that the new Nexus 5 will be equipped with front stereo speakers, a rear power button with integrated fingerprint sensor, a 13-megapixel rear camera with an IMX278 RGBW sensor, a 6-element f/1.8 aperture lens, OIS, laser autofocus, and a dual-tone LED flash, a 4-megapixel front-facing camera with an OV4682 RGB-IR sensor and Iris Detection, a USB Type-C connector with QuickCharge 2.0.

Lastly, the leak reveals that the upcoming Nexus 5 from Google and LG will feature an aluminum frame with chamfered edges and a matte plastic back cover. It will be priced at around USD300-400.

Additionally, the Huawei Nexus device is said to feature 5.7-inch WQHD AMOLED display, a metal unibody design, a 21-megapixel IMX230 sensor rear camera, and Rezence/WiPower wireless charging.

Oh man. This is exciting.

I really hope those specs and that price is accurate. If it is, I'll definitely be buying two.

This is more like a wish list than spec sheet.

Yup. This looks like exactly what happens every time a new Nexus is about to come out. Various sources "speculate" that it will be this god-like superphone sold at a bargain basement price. The actual thing never comes close.

If they can produce a Nexus 5, with specs like that for a reasonable price it will really be a winner. Although I'll believe it when I see it.

"Son, the last time there was a leak like this, Noah built hisself a boat!"

Assuming all that is true, which I don't, battery life will be worse than the Nexus 6.

I don't know about this leak. Sounds fishy. A lot of the specs listed don't make any sense. (USB Type-C + QC2? and why would LG use a different wireless charging apparatus than Huawei?)

No source cited either. So I wouldn't trust this.

Last edited:
Stereo speakers closer than 2ft is a joke, just make it a good mono speaker. Now when i have a stereo sound track i will just hear it coming out of one tiny hole in my magic box in my hand vs 2x louder if it was summed into 2 tiny holes.

Yup. This looks like exactly what happens every time a new Nexus is about to come out. Various sources "speculate" that it will be this god-like superphone sold at a bargain basement price. The actual thing never comes close.
Pretty much. People fall for it hook line and sinker every time though.

"Son, the last time there was a leak like this, Noah built hisself a boat!"

Assuming all that is true, which I don't, battery life will be worse than the Nexus 6.

Not so sure about that. The 620 processor puts everything onto one SoC for power efficiency.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/620

It's also a budget level processor. For a wishlist, you'd expect the high performance (8xx series). That does fit the price range given, as do the other not-so-top-tier components.

I don't know about this leak. Sounds fishy. A lot of the specs listed don't make any sense. (USB Type-C + QC2? and why would LG use a different wireless charging apparatus than Huawei?)

No source cited either. So I wouldn't trust this.

QuickCharge 2.0 is part of the Qualcomm chipset, it's simply a feature to enable the ability to charge quicker. Type-C is the connector used, by itself it will not speed up charging. Some Type-C phones out now do not currently have the ability to quick/rapid charge (oneplus-two comes to mind) because they lack the chipset.

The MediaTek MT3188 wireless charging ASIC supports multiple standards, making it compatible with a wide range of charging mats. The use of different chipsets in different Nexus phones could be done because of supply or design. It's possible (and likely) Google handed them a target feature spec and allowed them to do their own device. LG and Huawei being different companies are going to source what they feel allows them to keep the BOM down while meeting the spec and budget. They usually adapt current models for the Nexus, so LG would likely be basing this off the G3/G4 schematics.

Last edited:
"Up to 64 GB" (implying base capacity of 16-32 GB) and no microSD means I'll be opting for the Moto X Pure Edition unless there's something exceptionally wrong with it, or exceptionally attractive about the Nexus not listed above.

I will say that a 3180 mAh battery in a 5.2" 1080p device sounds fairly promising. Can't imagine why the guy above would say "battery life will be worse than the N6."

I absolutely love my N5. Just recently upgraded to a lg g4 and I miss the smaller phone. I'm anxiously awaiting the new release and as long as it's performance matched the old n5 but has more capacity and better battery life then that would be enough for me to get it.

Edit: oh and a good camera too. The only reason I'm using my g4 over my n5 now is cause the camera is so damn good.

Back