New NEC LCD24WMCX

Mastakill

Limp Gawd
Just saw the following announcement on TFT Central:
nec_gx_range.jpg

NEC's press release announces the arrival of the 19-inch AccuSync LCD19WMGX, the 22-inch LCD22WMGX, and the 24-inch LCD24WMCX displays, promising to serve up both speed and performance. These new AccuSync wide-screen displays replace the award-winning GX2 Series, which set a new performance standard for gaming LCD monitors. By going larger and wider, the new displays address the growing appetite among avid gamers and consumers for wide-format viewing. The wide aspect displays deliver more room for easier multi-tasking and more range for precise multi-blasting. The LCD19WMGX and the LCD22WMGX also include super-bright OptiClear Screen Technology (glossy coating), which provides rich colour saturation, remarkable clarity and true-to-life contrast to enhance the user’s overall visual experience.

The specs of the screens are:

LCD19WMGX - 19"WS, 1440 x 1900 resolution, 5ms response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 400 cd/m2 brightness, 170/160 viewing angles

LCD22WMGX - 22"WS, 1680 x 1050 resolution, 5ms response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio (2000:1 Dynamic Contrast), 300 cd/m2 brightness, 170/160 viewing angles

LCD24WMCX - 24"WS, 1920 x 1200 resolution, 5ms response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio (2000:1 Dynamic Contrast), 400 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles (although note that these are quoted at CR>5!)

These displays feature integrated stereo speakers, an HDMI interface (HDCP certified - DVI > HDMI adapter needed for the 19" model) and component connections (22" and 24" models only). The screens come in a glossy piano black casing and offer tilt adjustment. The AccuSync LCD19WMGX is available for shipment with an estimated street price of $279.99, the AccuSync LCD22WMGX is available for shipment at $379.99, and the AccuSync LCD24WMCX will be available later in September at $549.99.

Source: http://www.necdisplay.com/NewsAndMediaCenter/PressRelease/?pressrelease=37362e93-0b0a-4c07-9569-ba280f8db1f1

I'm especially interested in the new 24" offcourse :)
allthough it is still no LED backlight super IPS panel, it might still be a nice overall monitor
especially the price of 550$ seems very reasonable for a 24" NEC PVA monitor...

so if anyone finds more info about it: please post below...

just did a bit more research on other specs and:

1) it contains stupid speakers
2) it isnt adjustable in height
3) it has following in / out puts:
* SPDIF OUT
* Component Audio / Video IN
* Headphone OUT
* AUDIO IN (I suppose a mini jack)
* D-SUB
* DVI-D
* HDMI

TN panels are not very ideal for big screens due to the width of the panel. I can already see yellowish fades from the corner of my eye without even moving. Spend $75 more or so to get a PVA panel since you are alrready making a substantial invesment.

Sadly I think I have bought my first and last NEC monitor.(20WMGX2) I'm not saying that these GX replacements will be bad...but it seems that NEC has learned that putting extra engineering and expensive technology into their displays doesn't translate into sales. NEC once had some of the best plasma panel displays you could find.....know anyone with a NEC plasma? At some point the bean counters have to step in and say that development/production costs are far outweighing profits and it looks like that is what is happening here. I know that the 20-22" will be TN panels (confirmed by Travbomb) and after seeing the "5ms" listed for the 24" (and the lack of portrait mode) it looks like it will be TN also.:(

I just want to see a *monitor* with an HDMI that WORKS properly, along with component, so that I can plug in consoles and HD-DVD/Blueray players without getting a crappy display or no display.

Dell has failed, Benq has failed, Samsung has failed, LG has failed. Will NEC get it right?

I just want to see a *monitor* with an HDMI that WORKS properly, along with component, so that I can plug in consoles and HD-DVD/Blueray players without getting a crappy display or no display.

Dell has failed, Benq has failed, Samsung has failed, LG has failed. Will NEC get it right?

At this price point ?? I highly doubt it.

Confirmed, TN panel :(

From e-mail correspondence with NEC.
-------------------------------------------------------

Sir
The 24WMCX uses a TN type panel.

S. Balgaroo
NEC Display Service & Support
Telephone: 1-800-632-4662
Email: [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Oct 15, 2007 4:38:25 PM
Subject: Regarding 24 NEC AccuSync LCD24WMCX LCD Monitor

Dear Customer Service,

I was interested in purchasing the 24” NEC AccuSync
LCD24WMCX LCD Monitor. However, I was wondering what type of panel this
monitor has--TN, PVA, IPS?

Looks like the Dell is still on the crown on the looks, screen quality and price point. The new panels are not as impressive. I cannot think of anything as good at this time, well for the UK market at least.

Back