New MySpace Losing More Money Than Old MySpace

HardOCP News

[H] News
Brace yourself, this is going to come as a shock...MySpace still sucks. Even with celebrity investors, the site lost more than $40M this year (on what we'll never know).

Since December 2011, MySpace traffic is up 36 percent. But MySpace continues to flounder commercially. Documents show that it will generate revenues of just $15 million this year, up from a miserable $9 million in 2011. MySpace lost more than $40 million in 2012. Interactive Media expects it to lose another $25 million next year.

Although people don't seem to think so, pretty much all interwebs buisnesses lose money and expect to. They have a big pile of money from whoever and sit around burning through the money hoping to eventually become profitable while they pretend to be a big money making coorporation while thinking of some way to become profitable. Amazon did this, Facebook as still doing this, etc. etc. facebook is more popular than Myspace, and Facebook still makes around nothing (or probably negative). Myspace just hasn't ever got to stage 2. and it doesn't ever look like they will.

Honestly had no idea MySpace even still functioned. I mean, what was the point of starting something new once FB was in the picture anyway?

Haha I wonder how much money MySpace was making back in its golden years (maybe 2005ish?).

They need to innovate to stay alive. Copying Facebook won't solve their problems.

MySpace is on its way back up. The loss is due to investments in innovations that will cause a social media revolution and upset the established industry, leaving key players like Facebook asking, "Um, what just happened?" when their entire user community abandons them and subscribes to MySpace again. The revolution is coming! Invest early and invest now so you too can have a bath in the giant money bin. :D

Don't accept investment advice from a Skribbel! :p

lmao there's a login with Facebook option on Myspace. LOL

I will always think of myspace fondly, met a lot of chicks on there back when it was relevant.

Loved Myspace back in the day, not that I'm a big social networker. The ability to customize the pages to whatever you wanted was great.

Agreed, Myspace was awesome. A definite great memory. Maybe I'll have to check it out again :D

MySpace...fond memories of bringing my gaming machine down to it's knees and almost causing me epileptic seizures everytime I opened up a page.

MySpace...fond memories of bringing my gaming machine down to it's knees and almost causing me epileptic seizures everytime I opened up a page.

This made me lol, especially so since it is so true..The only thing worse then a Myspace page was a Geocities 2.0 page:eek:

Did not know Myspace was still around... Never cared for it and still do not care for it.

Back