New MSI Twin Frozer III -- where's the manual?

MikeSp

Weaksauce
This is the first MSI product I have tried and search as I may, I cannot locate a PDF detailed manual anywhere -- could not locate one on the installation CD, when clicking the icon of a MANUAL on the splash screen from the installation CD, nothing happens and if there is a manual lurking somewhere on their Web site, I cannot locate it (perhaps I just missed it).

Anyone have a suggestion where to find a detail manual so I can learn how to use the features of this video card? (I did fill out a tech support ticket for a manual, but from the details that they asked, I am cynical that an answer from MSI will result for a request for a manual).

HELP

Thanks

MikeSp

The documentation, or lack there of, is my biggest complaint with MSI cards, the last two I've purchased basically have no documentation. The cards are awesome though.

Outstanding build quality and design BUT without a detailed manual, I have no clue how to utilize ANY of the various features that are bragged about in the MSI literature and if no manual can be found within a week, I have no choice but to return the card and find one with a manual. As I said -- not a good start for a first time MSI user.

MikeSp

Mine didn't come with a manual either. Just google for the info you want.

I guess I'm at a loss as to the theory of returning a high end enthusiast video card because it didn't come with a manual. I'm just not sure what you were hoping to learn from it that isnt common to every other card of its type, or if this is some sort of trolling post.

I'm trying to understand what you would actually need a manual for? It's a video card - plug it in, install drivers, done.
[/url]

Maybe how to set the alarm, program the sleep timer, dock an iphone, parental controls, etc..

Instructions on where to download the .PDF manual are in the manual. I suggest you look there first.

I purchased a mis gtx 560ti just recently and I was looking for a manual also. I was curious how to configure the HDMI with audio.

I am the OP and apologize if I seemed like trolling -- that was NOT meant to happen. Most of you are gamers whereas I am not much of one (mostly Photoshop use in the digital darkroom) although building a computer is not at all new to me since I was an IT director and managed and built computers before some of you were even born. After being retired for 9 years, technical things are forgotten and new technologies are not always kept up with. The features of this video card IMHO could have been explained in a little more detail in regard to HDMI, Afterburner and a couple of other items but once I got into Afterburner (totally new to me), it was relatively easy to understand and I gained information I needed from various reviews and postings and Googling. I am used to a rather detailed manual being provided with motherboards and peripherals in more detail than the single sheet, quad fold "manual" that came with this board -- there is an assumption by MSI and by many of you that if a person purchases this level of video card that they must be a gamer and VERY familiar with all aspects of gaming cards and their OC'ing and tweaking and that is not always the case.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers -- I have found that I am now closer to a noob compared to where I was at the leading and bleeding edge of computers and their capabiliites a decade ago.

Let's consider this closed and I thank those who were helpful in their responses.

MikeSp

I am the OP and apologize if I seemed like trolling -- that was NOT meant to happen. Most of you are gamers whereas I am not much of one (mostly Photoshop use in the digital darkroom) although building a computer is not at all new to me since I was an IT director and managed and built computers before some of you were even born. After being retired for 9 years, technical things are forgotten and new technologies are not always kept up with. The features of this video card IMHO could have been explained in a little more detail in regard to HDMI, Afterburner and a couple of other items but once I got into Afterburner (totally new to me), it was relatively easy to understand and I gained information I needed from various reviews and postings and Googling. I am used to a rather detailed manual being provided with motherboards and peripherals in more detail than the single sheet, quad fold "manual" that came with this board -- there is an assumption by MSI and by many of you that if a person purchases this level of video card that they must be a gamer and VERY familiar with all aspects of gaming cards and their OC'ing and tweaking and that is not always the case.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers -- I have found that I am now closer to a noob compared to where I was at the leading and bleeding edge of computers and their capabiliites a decade ago.

Let's consider this closed and I thank those who were helpful in their responses.

MikeSp

I agree with you and it puzzles me why they don't include a manual. Thinking about it though...maybe they want to save trees. Thinking about it more...it's a premium product so maybe they should put more effort into it. What are all the LED's for? How about that bios switch? I guess they expect you to naturally go to their website and find out more there even then the info is little.

Edit...although I think mine came with a manual lol (bought from amazon)
Did you buy yours from newegg?
Edit2: I'll post a if I did get a manual tonight.

I mean there is not really much to a card. Plug it in, plug in the power cables, and turn on the computer and install the drivers. Latest from amd's website. Mine did come with some documentation but nothing detailed.

If you can do that you don't really need a manual. If you need manual for software such as after burner, I really don't think you can just read a manual for that, it is better to just google it.

Now I understand that you have been away for a while, its perfectly fine but manual is not really needed to get this thing going because there is not really much involved in it.

Now to someone who wants to configure hdmi audio, just right click on the speaker simple in the lower right hand side of the task bar and choose playback devices and select the amd/ati audio device, thats all there is to it. It will output thourgh your video card.

Last edited:
I am the OP and apologize if I seemed like trolling -- that was NOT meant to happen.

MikeSp

You need to make your skin a bit [H]arder on this forum. We're just giving you a hard time, but it's not meant to be serious.

You need to make your skin a bit [H]arder on this forum. We're just giving you a hard time, but it's not meant to be serious.

As old as I am, I am NOT at all new to forums -- reading over a dozen a day regarding my various hobbies and interests and participate when I can help and sometimes ask questions as in this case. Long ago I learned that a thick skin is required and sometimes flameproof undies even help and not to take things personally that are said on forums. I took no offense at any of the responders. This is my favorite computer forum and I avoid all forums where flamewars occur.

MikeSp

Speaking of the Twin Frozr III and Afterburner though... I cannot seem to adjust the voltage on my 6950 Twin Frozr III.

I want to see if I can undervolt a little to lower temps, but the voltage control slider is inaccessible. Even when I check the "unlock voltage control" option in the settings.

I don't use the official MSI drivers, instead I use the stock AMD drivers. Is that the cause? Should I uninstall the AMD drivers and use the MSI ones instead? Will I see performance differences in doing so (I had always assumed the manufacturer reference drivers would be the most up-to-date and fastest drivers available).

Ruahrc

Back