New mouse comparible to the MX518?

Snooble

Gawd
Howdy all,

Been looking at replacement mice for my venerable Logitech MX518. I love the way the mouse feels and acts, but it's showing it's age now.

I picked up a Logitech G600 but it's not long enough for my comfort, and a bit too wide. And the side buttons which attracted me (I play MMOs a lot) are kind of a dickbag to reach anything past the rearmost couple of rows (I have big hands too...which makes this odd).

Is there any mice out there that are a bit longer with a few spare buttons more on it? THe 518 is mouse perfection, but I'd love to find one like that with several more buttons on it to program for my MMO fun.

The G400S is the successor to the MX518 , but it's exactly the same in terms of buttons so you wont find any more buttons on it :/

Yeah I looked at that the other night. I've love to find something similar to the 518 but with a few more buttons. The Razer Naga Hex is attractive but too highly priced for my tastes.

G500/G500s

Former MX518 user here that vowed to never use any other mouse again. Well, the 518 broke about a year ago and I tried the new G500. Glad I did. I vow to never use any other mouse again. :D

I just saw the Corsair Vengeance m95 online...looks like something that I could get behind.

Anyone have experience with it?

I recently purchased a Logitech G602. People complain about wireless mice, but I was playing Wolfenstein ET with it (just go look that up for a second) as well as I usually do, if not better. Well considering it's a German server and my ping is well over 130-140, and I don't play that much, and I'm an objectives person, how many I usually kill is never that great, but I got just as many or more kills as I do with any wired mouse I've used. So it can't be that bad as far as wireless mice go. It uses an optical sensor, too.

It also has about 8 programmable buttons if you include the ones near the clicker (which is just 2 buttons short of an entire extra row of spells in MMORPGs), and the side buttons are all pretty easy to differentiate. With a big hand you could probably hit all of them while resting your thumb on the two rows. You could give it a shot if you're a lighter MMO gamer. Otherwise I have a G600 too and I don't think I know of anything with quite as many button possibilities as it does... just I find myself not using them a vast majority of the time and I don't like cords rubbing against stuff.

I got it from Amazon for about 54 bucks. I think the price went up a bit, but overall should still be a pretty solid deal. I do also have an MX518 lying around, but I forgot why I stopped using it. I don't think it's that much better than this mouse if at all though.

Anyone here move from MX518 to G700 (the hybrid wireless/wired one)?

I was thinking of getting a G700 (or the G700S, though if it's all the same I prefer the more minimalist look of the G700) to replace my MX518 just because I can actually benefit from wireless at my new office.

Well, that and my trusty MX518 is starting to get harder to click than is comfortable, and used MX518s aren't as cheap or easy to get as they used to be.

yeah i was using a razer mamba thinking wireless would be nice but ever could get my hand to like it... cramps and pink issues after longer gaming session....

just recently found my mx518 in a box and started using it.... forgot how good it was.

interested to see what people suggest as a successor since i know mine wont last forever

On the somewhat related subject of wireless battery life, I'm gonna note after using this for a while that the battery life on the G602 appears to officially be stupid ridiculous, especially considering you can switch between performance and endurance settings on the fly. That battery meter in the Logitech software doesn't ever seem to budge. Also finding the two keys near the clicker to be very handy for using melee Zero on BL2 (I tried using the ones on the side but my thumb was moving the cursor slightly when pressing them that rapidly, resulting in some very fun battles where my cursor was eventually all over the place while meleeing).

Took a look at the Naga Hex, doesn't seem to be all too bad, and the buttons seem to be of a more useable type. I tried the Logitech G600 but it felt like I was holding a lump in my hand, hard to reach the buttons with any real use.

Back