New motherboards for Broadwell?

Mackan

Limp Gawd
Any indications that manufacturers will release new motherboards for Broadwell CPUs when they arrive around summer? I know the chipset is still supposed to be Z97, and compatible with current motherboards.

But perhaps manufacturers take the opportunity to release tweaked motherboards? For example, I can imagine some manufacturers will improve their M.2 SSD solutions. Or better yet, abandon the totally overdone red themes for all "gaming" boards...

Or better yet, abandon the totally overdone red themes for all "gaming" boards...

I hope...

For a while it was blue. Now it's red. What color will be next?! I wish more motherboards were just black, so simple!

I hope...

For a while it was blue. Now it's red. What color will be next?! I wish more motherboards were just black, so simple!

Yes, totally agree. Pure black would be big seller. No obtrusive logos, text, or heatsinks with dragons or eyes on. Just pure black everywhere. Today's motherboard manufactures have no sense for style whatsoever. The only ones that produce somewhat nice looking mobos are EVGA, but they have other problems.

Asus did have its bright moments with the p8z77 series mobos. Some nice heatsinks there. They should have developed on that a bit.

Was hoping that my Z97 Mark one sabertooth would work with Broadwell if it doesn't hey that is Intel for you =)

I think they should be compatible. I doubt Intel would invest heavily on broadwell as its lifespans very short relatively speaking with their tick-tock cycles as Skylake is supposedly to be release very soon after Broadwell (Q4 15). This die shrink is basically gonna need a bios flash at most.

Back