new motherboard with suport zen 2 and zen 3 later??

t-tex

Limp Gawd
helo i want to buy one motherbard which have support for zen 2 and the zen 3 when in comes in some months

can you suggested me vrm motherboards for zen 2 and zen 3??

#i dont want want spend a lot of money in motherboards because in 2021 we will have ddr5 and new motherboards

which B450 motherboards are very good ?

i dont want so spend a lot of money in x570 boards

The MSI Tomahawk Max has pretty good VRMs especially for the price ~ $115 on amazon the last time I checked.

I just picked up an Asus Prime X470 Pro for $113 on an Amazon Warehouse deal, I got it over the Max because they have pretty similar VRMs from what I read, but the Asus board had 2 m.2 slots, and I prefer the Asus Bios more (I already own the MSI B450 ITX board),

The MSI Tomahawk Max will be combatible with the zen 3 when arrives??

II suspect yes it should be officially supported. I know the Max just simply has a bigger bios chip for future CPU support. I know my MSI B450 board's bios was severely stripped down when I went to the latest bios to support the Zen 2 chips.

The Zen 3 chips will be pretty similar to the Zen 2 (7nm chiplets) so it should follow the trend from previous generations.

The only people who will probably face difficulty is the folks on A320. Even then, I suspect some board makers will make their own bios patch to support the chips
kcRnc6XMrCKyoPKbt4XK29-970-80.jpg

do you know when zen 3 will releases??

also the ps5 what kind of cpu has/?

the graph is saying that the b450 will be combatible with zen 3 when releases??

the second generation amd ryzen in the graph is the 3600 and 3700x and etc??

the second generation amd ryzen in the graph is the 3600 and 3700x and etc??
the graph is saying that the b450 will be combatible with zen 3 when releases??

No, there is no confirmation at this point about the compatibility of Zen3 (which will be 4th gen Ryzen, 4000 series). That chart only goes to 3rd gen / 3000 Series which is Zen2.

I would imagine that at the very least, B450 with 32Mbit BIOS and all X570 boards will support Zen3, though.

1) Most likely mid to late 2020

2) No, all speculation. We do know it will be AMD most likely with Zen cores and RDNA 2 architecture on the GPU side.

3) 3rd gen Ryzen is Zen 2 aka 3000 series CPUs with the second Gen being the 2000 series.

I posted the pic to show that AMD is serious about supporting the AM4 socket. There are even A320 boards that have run with the Ryzen 3000 series.

which B450 motherboards are very good ?

i dont want so spend a lot of money in x570 boards
Dont go overboard but at the same time dont cheap out on motherboards and power supplys (the most important parts)

what you mean?>? Dont go overboard but at the same time dont cheap out on motherboards and power supplys ??

what you mean with this??

you mean that the MSI Tomahawk will not be good for zen 3 when it comes later this year??

what you mean?>? Dont go overboard but at the same time dont cheap out on motherboards and power supplys ??

what you mean with this??

you mean that the MSI Tomahawk will not be good for zen 3 when it comes later this year??
since AM4 first came out several years ago, there have only been a small handful of boards with compatibility issues of the newer cpus. (ones with smaller bios rom and or cheap vrms) so odds are 99% of people be just fine

so the MSI Tomahawk will not be good for zen 3 when it comes later this year?? ,will have problems with the compability??

so the MSI Tomahawk will not be good for zen 3 when it comes later this year?? ,will have problems with the compability??

Just make sure it's the Tomahawk Max -- and you will probably be fine.

are you sure that the Tomahawk Max will be compatible and work fine with zen 3>. ? when zen3 will arive in some months??

are you sure that the Tomahawk Max will be compatible and work fine with zen 3>. ? when zen3 will arive in some months??

Nope, I'm not sure. Nobody can be sure because AMD has not said for sure what will and what won't be compatible.

Nobody is truly sure what chipsets will support Zen3. They could make it so only the X570 supports it or the B550 when it is released. But I doubt they would do that. What is certain is that certain boards do not have a large enough ROM to support the new BIOS that would be needed. MSI had to strip down the BIOS of the B450 Tomahawk to get Zen2 to work. So maybe that board will not support Zen3, no one knows yet. But the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max had a larger ROM so it may be a better choice over the non-Max board. So that is why it was suggested because of its lower cost and more space on the BIOS ROM. Also I believe it has stronger VRM's than the non-max but I did not look it up so they could be the same VRM.

Since you don't want to spend a lot of money, and you want to give yourself the best chance at compatibility, I'd probably get a higher end B450 or X470 board in the $120 range. That being said, you can find "cheap" X570 boards that are going to have a good VRM setup because of the expected compatibility with 3900x/3950x in the $150-180 range. Pretty much every X570 board has good VRMs while that is not always the case with B450.

As everyone else has said, nobody knows for sure about compatibility, but AMD has said that they expect AM4 support through 2020 and Zen3 will launch in 2020.

Why buy anything now, other than to potentially throw away some money? I am also waiting on Zen 3 (4000 series CPUs) to release, but there is no confirmation on if it would work on existing motherboards, even if it stays the same socket. Any motherboard you buy now, even if it did somehow work with Zen 3 CPUs, would still likely be missing some of the additional features that would be on the boards coming out at the same time as the new CPUs.
I am thinking i will wait until DDR5 is released (and on the motherboards) to move to Zen 3, which should be soon after.
Put the money you are itching to spend now in some investment (though with current economy might be good to go low risk like CD). Then you can take the money you made from not spending it now, and buy even nicer parts for the system once everything is actually finalized and actually available.

Zen 3 will not be DDR5 -- that won't come until Zen 4. I mean, nobody knows for sure, but honestly there is a pretty good chance that at least the 32Mb B450/X470 boards and X570 (and B550) will all support Zen 3.

No one knows if the B450s will be compatible with the Zen3, your best bet would be picking up one X570, theres good models like the X570 Pro 4 that are affordable and pretty decent.

I bought this refurbished MSI B350m Bazooka mATX for $45 on Newegg before the prices creeped up .. It booted right up on a 2200g and was only one bios off from Ryzen 3000 series .. I flashed it because I have a 2nd Ryzen 5 3600 and it's been smooth sailing = https://valid.x86.fr/rluyul

I don't know if anyone has ran this board with a 3000 series yet .. but it works !

Back