new motherboard - what to install first?

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm in the process of upgrading my rig from an ASUS AMD x570 chipset board to an ASUS AMD x670e chipset board.

I know I need to upgrade chipset and other drivers, BIOS, and Windows. In what sequence? I don't use any of the ASUS utilities.

Youve prob already done everything, but I put everything on a usb drive, then first install a new BIOS.
Then windows (disconnected from internet)
Then drivers....chipset, graphics, sound, ethernet/wireless (all from usb with internet disconnected)
That way, no interference from windows update and you get to choose your driver software. You can then activate windows if you so desire.

Youve prob already done everything, but I put everything on a usb drive, then first install a new BIOS.
Then windows (disconnected from internet)
Then drivers....chipset, graphics, sound, ethernet/wireless (all from usb with internet disconnected)
That way, no interference from windows update and you get to choose your driver software. You can then activate windows if you so desire.
^^THIS^^

The primary circuit board ina machineis called a motherboards,usually known as or process motherboards.It is the main primary interface for a computer's various parts,including the CPU,memory,storage and instruction devices.These systems may communicate with each other and agree to perform the duties of a computers thanks to the electric cables and routes supplied by the motherboards.
Great, ChatGPT is making spam accounts on [H] and posting the obvious.

TBH, it's gotten to the point I stopped bothering with being creative. Update bios. Install windows. Let it grab shit. Reboot a couple of times. Install latest from AMD/Intel/Nvidia. Reboot a couple of more times, party on. Hasn't been an issue but once yet, and that was with an intel network driver where I'd let it get old and windows updated it to a bad release (bad intel, bad!).

TBH, it's gotten to the point I stopped bothering with being creative. Update bios. Install windows. Let it grab shit. Reboot a couple of times. Install latest from AMD/Intel/Nvidia. Reboot a couple of more times, party on. Hasn't been an issue but once yet, and that was with an intel network driver where I'd let it get old and windows updated it to a bad release (bad intel, bad!).
I am in the same boat these days, any vendor drivers are more up to date than anything on MS Update anyways and will install over top.

Back