New motherboard, horrible mic feedback?

Activate: AMD

[H]ard|Gawd
Just upgraded from an old Socket 1366 setup to a brand new 1150 setup using a Maximus VI Hero board. For some reason, I'm encountering some pretty bad mic feedback when I use Teamspeak. There is a very high pitched whine in the background whenever I talk that never occured before with my old board. If I block the mic with my finger, the feedback stops, but eventually returns as I use the mic. I am not using speakers, this is all with headphones, so it shouldn't be picking it up from the headphones. Considering the mic/ headphone setup and positioning hasn't changed, is there any way to get rid of this without resorting to drastic measures?

Check your "listen to this device" setting on your recording properties. It may be on.

It does not appear to be. I have also tested multiple levels of microphone boost and volume with very limited success; in the cases where the feedback went away, I was too quiet to be heard

Sounds like you have a bad driver / chipset on the mobo. There's an anti-feedback algorithm implemented in most drivers and seems like yours isn't working. Did you check for 'noise suppression' or similar setting in your audio settings? Enable that if it isn't on.

you're right... I reinstalled the driver and the problem is totally fixed. This should have been my first step but I had a brain fart. :eek:

Back