New Monitor Shopping advice

HaiNhi

n00b
Greetings everyone. :)

First of, I'm very grateful for all the insights and share of experience shown here in the forums. This forum helped me made my decision to buy the Samsung 49Js9000 last year as my first 4K monitor - liking it so far. :)

So now I have 3 monitors:

+ a HP 1080p 22" I plan to somehow turn into a picture frame for family photos :) but not yet know of a good way to do it.
+ On desk:
- left size is the JS9000: great so far for my photo/video editing & TV watching. Only thing is it's big so the height is at least 12-14" higher than my seating head (plus about another 4-5" higher than my eyes). So I only use it when doing heavy work load (multiple screens and what not).
- Right size is my Sony 23" (SDM-P234, which is 1920x1200): been very good to me for the longest time (maybe 10 years or more?). This is the main monitor, my daily use.
+ I'm currently using EVGA GTX 680 - waiting to be replaced by the new 1080 TI FTW

==> questions to you:
- Right now each time I turn the JS9000 on, all screens got refreshed so most of the times all the icons would be moved over to the JS. And when the JS is off, some apps would open into the now-off-JS-monitor. So I have to use some short cut from the DisplayFusion software to get it back to the current screen. Please help show me how these can be fixed, if at all.
- I want to upgrade my daily use (Sony 23") to a bigger monitor as well. Since I have the JS as a 4K monitor, I thought I would just settle for one of the 32" 1440p. But since I can pay a bit more so I also looked at the BenQ DP3200U, LG 32UD99, etc.... What your thought on this? I really like the 32" size for sure. But for text scaling, I know for a 32" 4K you have to set it at 150%. Does that defeat the 4K vs 2K?

==> again on budget: I would love to just spend less than $400-$500 (2K 32"), but if I can get a good monitor I could shell out some more. Hehe.

Side note: BenQ had their refurbished PD3200U for around $750 delivered (1 yr vs 3 yrs warranty). Any taker on this yet? Thoughts?

Thanks again.

Nhi

+ a HP 1080p 22" I plan to somehow turn into a picture frame for family photos :) but not yet know of a good way to do it.

i would research about android HDMI sticks and HDMI wireless adapters. i advise you to sell at for whatever money you can get. why? see below ...

I would love to just spend less than $400-$500 (2K 32")

there are a few 32" VAs 2560x1440 around $400. The HP Omen 32" is a place to start. the c27FG70 from samsung is smaller, but a much better gamer.

but if I can get a good monitor I could shell out some more

34" 3440x1440 are available starting ~$660. As of today the best general purpose monitor money can buy is the new Agon 35" with Gsync ~$900.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
some peopla are testing this korean 32" as an alternative to the omen 32" :

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back