New monitor help

jerry8169

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to buy a new monitor, currently using a 40 inch Samsung TV from a few years ago. I want to move up to something with a higher refresh rate and freesync capable. I'd like to stay with a larger screen, say 37 inch or larger. I'd also like to stay under 1000 for it. Any suggestions on what a good panel meeting these requirements would be? I found this one, but its actually larger than what I'm thinking I want and it's more than I wanted to pay, but, there seems to be a lack of panels in the size range I'd prefer.

https://rog.asus.com/us/monitors/above-34-inches/rog-swift-pg43uq-model/

I'd appreciate any help in finding a good panel.

32 is about the largest 'monitor' size, until / unless you go with the ultrawides or TVs. (Someone will point out the exception... but that is generally true).

Higher refresh rate is difficult, if you also want good pixel density. You are probably stuck in VA panels or TN.

You can look at any of my monitor posts for my laments about 32 inch 4k IPS with 144hz. There are none.

What I really encourage you to do is look at how far you sit from the monitor / TV and ask what you really need at that distance. If you sit far enough away, you don't need 4k, and then you might find a 1440 with high refresh that suits your needs. Otherwise - most folks say the LG is the best TV atm. Its usually up at the top of this subforum.

Thanks for the info, hopefully they'll start making these as there seems to be some interest in them.

Back