New monitor for gaming questions

I need a new monitor in the worst way for gaming. My 2 1/2 year old 24" Benq is vertical banding like crazy.

Can you give me some ideas on the best monitor for me? Here are my requirements

Has to be 24 to 27 inches
I do not care about 3D
I play mostly FPS's and MMO's
I would prefer 1920x1200 but I see that the 1920x1080 monitors are a bit less expensive
I would like to try and stay around 300 bucks if possible

Thanks in advance for your input!

Well I think I have narrowed it down to 3 options

Samsung S27A750D
Dell U2412M
Dell U2410

Kinda leaning towards the samsung because of the deal I can get on it ATM

Thoughts?

Go for the Samsung because of its 120hz response time. The 3D option will be nice to have in case you change your mind.

I am getting the Samsung this month aswell. My choice however was a little easier because I really wanted an upgrade in screen size from my current 24". And there werent much competitors as far as gaming monitors go in the 27" range.

I've seen the 950D in store and was very pleased, I can't wait to get the 750D.

Well I think the samsung is out. I am an nvidia fan and no DP out on my card.....

If it wont run 120hz then no sense in getting it......

I have the U2410 and I am personally very pleased with it. AG is a little harsh on it but I have more than gotten used to it by now.

In games, it is non-existent. The wide gamut really lets you see into shadows better and the colors pop.

The Samsung S27A750 and S27A950 panels are amazing for gaming. 120hz, great colour and zero lag. I just bought a 950D, couldn't be happier with it. The 950D DOES have DVI for Nvidia cards at 120hz.

Chris

Have you checked out the new XL2420T? It's got some pretty cool new features. And they redesigned it so now you can do eyefinity setups!

I think one of the cool features is the onboard black equalizer which allows you to specifically target dark areas on the screen and brighten them individually as apposed to turning up the entire brightness of the monitor. Also they increased the overall brightness of the LED backlit display to 350 cd/m. The monitor is also extremely flexible in the way you can adjust its neck and height.

It's 120hz, 2ms GTG and has numerous ports, especially dual HDMI ports. Also the cool feature of this monitor is that they still have a screen scaling feature which allows you to alter the display back into 4:3 for those that prefer it.

S27A750D on tigerdirect/circuitcity $399 now, if you're willing to go over your budget by $100 it's one hell of a deal. Cheapest I've seen it on Newegg is $499.

The Benq XL2420T is 399 also. I think im gonna pull the trigger on that since it does 120hz through dvi

Back