New Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 at Amazon for $23.99

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
I needed to replace my 4 year old Intellimouse 3.0

Buy.com = 37
Newegg = 37
ZipZoomFly = 37

Amazon.com = 23.99 (on sale and if you spend another 1.01 you get free shipping)

This is a legendarymouse that has been re-released in the last year or so. It's my favorite mouse I've ever used.

Thanks for this one.
My intellimouse has lost its feet, all the funky plastic stuff on the sides has come off and somehow more seems to keep peeling off like shedding skin, there is a worn out spot on my left click button, but this is still the best mouse I have ever used. :p

my mouse does that too! the feet just grab dirt and i have to clean my optical mouse...

This is a great mice for the price. I have 4 of these in my closet just in case the ones I'm using breaks. Awesome mice for gaming!

Best Mouse ever made, so much better than the logitech crap.

I beg to differ. The logitech MX518 is the one of the greatest mice ever made. IMHO. The MS 3.0a was very good for its time. This mouse is just a rehash of the old, while this is still a very good mouse it has nothing on MX line, It has been past over by Logitech... Although I might just pick it up anyways since its such a cheap price....

I beg to differ. The logitech MX518 is the one of the greatest mice ever made. IMHO. The MS 3.0a was very good for its time. This mouse is just a rehash of the old, while this is still a very good mouse it has nothing on MX line, It has been past over by Logitech... Although I might just pick it up anyways since its such a cheap price....

no the logitech are pretty bad.

ordered one, thanks.

definitely one of the best ever. remember the old times when these werent out yet? the logitech MX510/MX700 days? people on ebay would bid to around $80 or more for even used ones of the 3.0's.

Microsoft Habu is made by razer but they will not support it so just a word to the wise if MS gives you no help don't even look at razer to help you out.

KM

I loved my original MSIE3.0, and I've since gotten one of the re-releases, perfect size/shape, I never did care for the logitech ergonomics.

Ordered 2 more for other computers, won't have to keep moving my single re-release one around with me!

I still use my 3.0 that I got way back when it was a current model. Still works like a charm and I couldn't bear to switch. I've dabbled with Logitech and other mice, but I keep coming back to this thing--there's just nothing like it.

I'm on my MX518 right now, it's pretty decent imo, but I may steal my brothers IM 3.0 to see if it's any better for gaming (scientific testing!)

FELT different, like... If I could have the MX518 layout and buttons... with the intellimouse weight and smoothness it'd be the perfect mouse.... but the buttons suck balls on the IE3.0 imo and it felt a little too big... the MX518 is a perfect fit imo...

Either way, I'll probably stick with the 518... adjustable sensitivity is nice when you wanna go from counterstrike sensitivity to detail work in photoshop... :p

GotFrag Hardware Review said:
site quote"For my first trial, I fired up Solitaire. This game is one of skill, strategy and speed. The key is being able to quickly grab and place your cards not only correctly, but strategically. One thing that can cause some headaches is a lack of accuracy on the pick up and delivery of said cards. Most noobs don't understand the need for an accurate mouse in this classic game. The IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 was a sheer joy to work with. Every card was picked up on the first pass and strategically dropped in one fluid motion. A thing of beauty really"

LMAO ... I never took Solitaire that seriously.
BTW does everyone here agree that it's as good as the original 3.0? I've still got mine, I've had to put teflon pads to keep my baby rolling. Anyway thanks for the linkage ... buying at least one tonight.

Ha, this is one of my first [H]ot Deals I've ever found myself. Usually I snag them from another site and post the link...

Just a cheap man trying desperately to find a deal to replace his broken mouse....Glad it can help everybody out.

The 3.0's are SOLID mouses. I'm an AVID computer user and I know in titan quest alone I have more than 500,000 clicks. Through about four or five years of everyday use in fps gaming, several hundred hours of Diablo 2, surfing, think how many clicks that is. And it only recently started acting funny.

It double clicks 10 of the time when I single click...But that's no good --- So big thumbs up to MS for re-releasing the 3.0

Got my MS mouse today and just recently installed it in. The feeling of my palm on the mouse is good, fits good, and it feels low & light but one thing I dislike is very snappy mouse wheel. *chunk chunk* when rolling. One of 2 side buttons is loose but works okay. I think my Logitech G5 rev. 1 is much better than this! Its' wheel is so smooth and quiet. The palm fitting is very good! It has 3 setting for pointer speed right on top of G5 mouse. One drawback is that it had only one side button.

I think I gonna switch back to G5 and use the MS Intellimouse 3 for my other PC with games only.

Is the wheel loud, lots of people reviewing it seem to think its VERY LOUD and stiff(hard to roll). and yea they also said teh side buttons are loose. thats a pretty big turn off for me. I mean I can probably stand it but I would prefer not to.

Amazon price has gone up to $35.10.

I'm still considering it though as my original is really wearing out, feet came off, soft-touch skin is deteriorating.

And what's funny is my brother bought it for my parents but they hated it so I took it off my hands so I could have my first optical mouse. :p

Back