New Meta Quest VR Headset October 2022

I don't want a facebook account so this thing is dead to me.
You are in luck. Quest VR headsets no longer require a Facebook account. They removed that requirement earlier this month. Can confirm, have a Quest 2. Also, with a Meta account, a headset can now be set up to share multiple accounts - I.E. the library of apps for a primary account on a device can be used by multiple folks - set up for additional family members.

Back on topic - this "Quest Pro" headset is going to be targeted more towards business use cases - a lot more tech advances built into it and a price to match.

Last edited:
Leaked video. Looks fairly impressive (pancake lenses, smaller controllers). Ignore the weird audio, the guy may have brain lesions.

Reactions: Liver
like this
Leaked video. Looks fairly impressive (pancake lenses, smaller controllers). Ignore the weird audio, the guy may have brain lesions.

Those lenses look concave. Weird. Looks like you wear it like you would a pair of glasses.

How are people with glasses supposed to use that? And what about outside light pollution?

Guess we'll find out soon enough...

With my oculus 1, I have lens inserts so I do not have to wear my glasses.

With the DJI Googles 2 (not the DJI Googles V2), I can adjust the lens so I do not have to wear my glasses.

Just stating what other options are currently available to people with spectacles.

And the Quest 2 came with a glasses spacer that put a little more space between the facial interfface and the lenses.
People have said you don't notice the light leakage after you start playing a game.

Wish the comments were on. Would have been nice to read any more insight.

You are in luck. Quest VR headsets no longer require a Facebook account. They removed that requirement earlier this month. Can confirm, have a Quest 2. Also, with a Meta account, a headset can now be set up to share multiple accounts - I.E. the library of apps for a primary account on a device can be used by multiple folks - set up for additional family members.

Back on topic - this "Quest Pro" headset is going to be targeted more towards business use cases - a lot more tech advances built into it and a price to match.

yeah.. maybe no facebook account.. but aren't you required to have a Meta account instead... (same garbage in my opinion)
🤣

1663168007089.png

yeah.. maybe no facebook account.. but aren't you required to have a Meta account instead... (same garbage in my opinion)
🤣

View attachment 510028

It's a big improvement actually. It's basically like a Steam account or any other stand alone service. You don't have to worry about any Facebook account problems or information being shared there unless you explicitly add it.

I need to open a Meta account to use my existing Oculus 1. I know I have until 1/2023, but why wait?

I do not want one, but if I want to use this technology, I have to. So I will.

Any guides on how to do so?

Basically I want the account to use the Oculus and nothing more. I would NOT mind using their MarketPlace, especially if I have to make an account. However, I can live without that (like I have been).

I need to open a Meta account to use my existing Oculus 1. I know I have until 1/2023, but why wait?

I do not want one, but if I want to use this technology, I have to. So I will.

Any guides on how to do so?

Basically I want the account to use the Oculus and nothing more. I would NOT mind using their MarketPlace, especially if I have to make an account. However, I can live without that (like I have been).

Doesn't the Oculus software offer a chance to migrate your account?

Reactions: Liver
like this
Does that mean I can log into Facebook specifically to see the market place?

With my Meta account for Oculus?

Back